Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Empire used to be the clear cut winner but now I'd say it only barely edges out SW. Not because my feelings on ESB have diminished but rather they have elevated for SW. As you guys have said it's just so, so damn classic. Great energy and just a very balanced story.

I feel exactly the same way. I actually question if I still say ESB is my favorite because it still is, or if I just refuse to change my rankings. ESB is an amazing story, but SW is... it's freaking SW.

ESB has that epic hoth battle though, as a kid i always found that so damned COOL!!!

Set pieces that stand out for me are:

-Boarding of the Tantive IV.
-Assault on the first Death Star.

-Battle of Hoth.
-Asteroid chase.

-Speeder bike chase.

Honourable mention goes to assault on DS2 and various lightsaber duels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to tracking down Star Wars and ESB. Loaded them onto my Plex media server (free software, worth checking out, but that's another story), and watched a little bit of each.

Pretty fantastic stuff. Not sure how closely anyone's been following the release of the digital commercial editions of all 6 films, but not hearing the Fox fanfare that preceded each of the movies just seems wrong. Will be interesting to see if the theatrical blu-rays of the OT will be the same, if they ever happen.

Pretty fantastic stuff. Not sure how closely anyone's been following the release of the digital commercial editions of all 6 films, but not hearing the Fox fanfare that preceded each of the movies just seems wrong.
Will be interesting to see if the theatrical blu-rays of the OT will be the same, if they ever happen.

Is it the Disney intro on them now?

Finally got around to tracking down Star Wars and ESB. Loaded them onto my Plex media server (free software, worth checking out, but that's another story), and watched a little bit of each.

Pretty fantastic stuff. Not sure how closely anyone's been following the release of the digital commercial editions of all 6 films, but not hearing the Fox fanfare that preceded each of the movies just seems wrong. Will be interesting to see if the theatrical blu-rays of the OT will be the same, if they ever happen.
There was a time when I use to associate the Fox opening fanfare to ONLY Star Wars. For me, it's become a necessary part of the intro. Lol!

20th Century Fox music climax, silence, then right into John Williams classic SW theme. Love it.

Last edited:
There was a time when I use to associate the Fox opening fanfare to ONLY Star Wars. For me, it's become a necessary part of the intro. Lol!

I forgot what movie it was, but I went to the theater recently and it was a 20th Century Fox movie and it had the fanfare, and the SW theme didn't follow it, and it just sounded wrong.

No Disney logo, just Lucasfilm with recycled end credits music in place of the Fox Fanfare (except for ANH which DOES still have the Fox logo.)

Ah, interesting. Yet wrong. . . they used the end of the music for the beginning. Might make for some weird synergy as part of a marathon.

Whoa... I can't believe I haven't heard about this until now. These are Amazing! My special edition blu-rays put me off so much because of all the pointless changes but this is definitely how we should watch all the movies!

I really gotta get a copy of these so I can experience how the trilogy is supposed to be. It's pretty sad when we have to settle with the versions that are on the market now.

Back