Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be getting SW 2.5 and TESB 2.0 shortly. Curious if anyone has the SW and TESB Revisted? From the clips I've seen on youtube, the changes in TESB look great compared to the actual special editions. any comments?

ESB Revisited isn't available yet. Ady's still hard at work on that one. I agree though, some of the changes he's made look great.

ESB Revisited is what we should of got with the special editions. It fixes errors like Han's shirt in carbonite , updates shots subtly and gives the original trilogy a more "modern" feel that's not nearly as distracting as Lucas's versions. I would wait on the the next version of Star Wars Revisited though, the current version has some really controversial changes most notably The Battle of Heroes music playing during the Vader and Obi-Wan duel. For me that doesn't fit at all during that scene and even Adywan said he was going to remove it in the next version.

And unnecessary. It basically goes over the same info from the Greedo scene. Not needed at all. Plus it ruins the reveal of the Falcon. How the **** did Lucas not realize this?!?

He did. He was just too much in the OOOOOOh look what I can do and forget his own desire to see it go "faster and more intense"

It also ruins the mystery of who jabba is, I like not seeing him till ROTJ.

:lecture

I should be getting SW 2.5 and TESB 2.0 shortly. Curious if anyone has the SW and TESB Revisted? From the clips I've seen on youtube, the changes in TESB look great compared to the actual special editions. any comments?

ESB Revisited is not out.

I don't think either one is out in Blu-Ray format yet is it ?

ESB Revisited is what we should of got with the special editions. It fixes errors like Han's shirt in carbonite , updates shots subtly and gives the original trilogy a more "modern" feel that's not nearly as distracting as Lucas's versions. I would wait on the the next version of Star Wars Revisited though, the current version has some really controversial changes most notably The Battle of Heroes music playing during the Vader and Obi-Wan duel. For me that doesn't fit at all during that scene and even Adywan said he was going to remove it in the next version.

I would never touch the music.

what i really dont understand about these despecialized editions is why are the errors like the emperor's smudge and matte boxes on ships still in it. i understand the appeal of having the movies before they were messed with but when you watch those errors do you guys really think that looks good just for the sake of nostalgia? im just curious on that?

These editions give us the the movies that garnered the multiple academy award nominations of their time.

Adywan's Revisited will take care of the special effects problems and other errors. They are what the SEs should have been.

Adywan's Revisited will take care of the special effects problems and other errors. They are what the SEs should have been.

i understand that but what im saying is why take the extra effort to put the emperors slug back in just because its the original. to me its way too distracting and annoying to look at. just because its original doesnt make it better.

Im content with the real problems being fixed like luke's lightsaber color in SW, han shoots 1st, no cgi. My holy grail is done.
Im curious though which SE versions are the revisited?

I stumbled on to the "Revisited" scenes when i was looking at the video on youtube for the Despecialized editions. TESB scenes looked freakin' epic, I thought. I did look further and found some SW scenes that I can't lie, I didn't love (escape from tatooine and some clips from death star battle didn't float my boat.)

I agree, no matter what, the original versions are the ultimate and deserve far more respect by their maker. I get how in his mind they were incomplete works but remember the fans, George!

i understand that but what im saying is why take the extra effort to put the emperors slug back in just because its the original. to me its way too distracting and annoying to look at. just because its original doesnt make it better.

Not to purists.

The only thing I ever wanted was a the best audio and picture quality of the films that started the entire thing.
I never wanted tweaking and recreating of scenes with current tech.

Not to purists.

The only thing I ever wanted was a the best audio and picture quality of the films that started the entire thing.

tumblr_inline_n954swk9ay1qbpb5e.gif

Not to purists.

so youre saying youd rather look at some black blob on the emperor rather than not have it there? look i understand people want the originals with no tampering and thats what i want to but it it really worth the time and effort to put back a major eye sore like that when the current versions are fixed. screw the new special effects and stupid changes but couldnt a filming error like that be taken away? i dont want to be a jerk on here going against the despecialized editions because i really do love them, i just think something like that could be done away with thats all.

The Emperors slugs could not be seen in the original when it was in theater, it was visible because of the ****** contrast and limited color of home video.

The Emperors slugs could not be seen in the original when it was in theater, it was visible because of the ****** contrast and limited color of home video.

thank you for defending me! thats exactly why it shouldnt be seen in these versions because it wasnt seen originally in theaters! your the man punisher75, im glad you got my back!

I don't get the black slug thing on the Emperor. My copy of ROTJ 1.0 shows that scene without that error being noticeable barely at all. Maybe its the TV settings?

Back