Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im the same, this is the SW holy grail and no other version can compare now. Have u noticed all the differences
from the SE versions yet 88milesfan?

I've noticed tons of them so far. The ones that really stuck out immediately for me in the first one were no more Jabba, Han shooting first (obviously), a werewolf in the cantina, a toned down Mos Eisley, a far better krayt dragon call, Obi-Wan's smaller hut and of course all the ship effects.

In Empire I immediately noticed the shorter wampa scene, no more "blue snow", the ugly Emperor, Cloud City and one of my favorites, properly colored lightsabers! I can't imagine I'll be able to find everything upon future viewings but I look forward to at least trying!

I will say though, there are two changes that I will really miss from the special editions. One is replacing the Emperor in ESB. The original one just doesn't fit for me at all and doesn't match Ian McDiarmid's version in the slightest. I know the SE looked like the prequel incarnation but at least the resemblance and voice were there! The other change that people will most likely disagree with me on is Victory Celebration instead of Yub Nub. I grew up with Victory Celebration and I always thought it was a fantastic ending to the trilogy. Yub Nub really feels out of place and less "epic" but I understand the appeal. If I had it in my childhood I'd probably love it to and I'll bet if Yub Nub lovers had Victory Celebration as kids that would be their preference instead.

Just watched both movies on blu-ray and boy were they AMAZING! It blew me away just how good they looked compared to the official releases, Harmy is a true master at his craft! As someone who grew up with the 97 special editions never seeing the originals until now, I vastly prefer the unaltered releases. All the outdated cgi sticks out like a sore thumb and really doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. This is the only way I'm going to watch Star Wars from now on, the only other versions I might be interested in is Adywan's revisited or if they officially release these on blu-ray. Otherwise it's Harmy's versions above all else! Many thanks to jimjimmyjones85 for getting these to me, they came way quicker than expected!

I had always believed the SE versions of ESB to be superior.. and since that was the only version I had seen since 1998, it was easy to believe.

But after seeing Harmy's I agree 100% with you. The originals are superior. Something I realized is that my eyes get fatigued watching the SE editions and I get a headache more often than not. But the Harmy versions don't effect my eyes at all.

I had always believed the SE versions of ESB to be superior.. and since that was the only version I had seen since 1998, it was easy to believe.

But after seeing Harmy's I agree 100% with you. The originals are superior. Something I realized is that my eyes get fatigued watching the SE editions and I get a headache more often than not. But the Harmy versions don't effect my eyes at all.

Exactly! All those extra digital creatures and environments are very distracting and make you lose focus on what you should be paying attention to, the characters and the plot. I never really noticed it as much until I seen these versions and then it became very clear. Sometimes the more simple something is the better!

Just watched both movies on blu-ray and boy were they AMAZING! It blew me away just how good they looked compared to the official releases, Harmy is a true master at his craft! As someone who grew up with the 97 special editions never seeing the originals until now, I vastly prefer the unaltered releases. All the outdated cgi sticks out like a sore thumb and really doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. This is the only way I'm going to watch Star Wars from now on, the only other versions I might be interested in is Adywan's revisited or if they officially release these on blu-ray. Otherwise it's Harmy's versions above all else! Many thanks to jimjimmyjones85 for getting these to me, they came way quicker than expected!

Dude, you're probably the first person I've seen that grew up with the SE's but then gets to see the original versions and actually enjoy them more for the properly seamless experience they provide. That's funny that even those unaffected by nostalgia are recognizing how jarring it is to go back and forth between 70's and 80's practical effects and late 90's/early 2000's CGI. Bravo man. :clap

yeah I think I only saw the originals as a kid and on TV, years later when we finally owned SW on vhs it was the 1990 SE.
I like the 1990 SE ok but after that SW was just ruined. Having seen the SE versions for so many yrs now its so new
watching the originals again and seeing how different they are.

Just watched my ROTJ 1.0 today and it was more than good enough for my needs. I now have my completed set.
I just realized that the original ROTJ had different music at the end with luke and the others. I think I actually prefer
the SE music in this case, but everything else like having Sebastian shaw at the end was priceless :monkey2
My SW holy grail is finally in my collection :yess: Big thanks to jimjimmyjones and of course the creator Harmy for this.

Dude, you're probably the first person I've seen that grew up with the SE's but then gets to see the original versions and actually enjoy them more for the properly seamless experience they provide. That's funny that even those unaffected by nostalgia are recognizing how jarring it is to go back and forth between 70's and 80's practical effects and late 90's/early 2000's CGI. Bravo man. :clap

Yeah, I definitely have a different opinion about the original versions than a lot of my peers do. Most of them have the mentality that cgi improves everything that's "old" and if something looks a bit dated they want nothing to do with it. I've never agreed with the whole newer is better craze and I enjoy these movies for what they are when they were made. It's sad though how recognizable the SE's are over the originals these, I know a guy who actually thought that Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ was there from the beginning and commented to me how they did a great job casting the prequels because that actor looks exactly like the guy from back in the eighties. Needless to say I corrected him on this fact!

Just watched my ROTJ 1.0 today and it was more than good enough for my needs. I now have my completed set.
I just realized that the original ROTJ had different music at the end with luke and the others. I think I actually prefer
the SE music in this case, but everything else like having Sebastian shaw at the end was priceless :monkey2
My SW holy grail is finally in my collection :yess: Big thanks to jimjimmyjones and of course the creator Harmy for this.

I'm all with you in actually preferring the SE music over the original, it seems like a more "fitting" ending to the saga and a bit more epic. I understand everyone's love of Yub Nub though, if I had grown up with that version only I'd probably be against the new music as well!

I'm all with you in actually preferring the SE music over the original, it seems like a more "fitting" ending to the saga and a bit more epic. I understand everyone's love of Yub Nub though, if I had grown up with that version only I'd probably be against the new music as well!

But it's not the end of the saga, never was supposed to be. There are still at least 3 more films after ROTJ. Yub Nub was celebrating that victory, not the end of a movie series. Even in 1983 they thought there would be more films.

But it's not the end of the saga, never was supposed to be. There are still at least 3 more films after ROTJ. Yub Nub was celebrating that victory, not the end of a movie series. Even in 1983 they thought there would be more films.

True enough, it's not the end of the saga but rather the end of Anakin's story-line. Since he had been redeemed and came back as a force ghost along with the other Jedi I just always felt that Victory Celebration was a really fitting ending to his arc and to the legacy of the Jedi. I do realize that all the added planets celebrating in the SE make it appear to be a huge finale with the Empire taken down and the music that's playing make it seem more like a definitive ending than it really should be. Yub Nub is more personal and makes more sense if the focus is on celebrating the battle but to me I always looked at that scene as a celebration that the Jedi have returned and that the smiling force ghosts signify there is again hope for the future. In all honestly though what it really comes down to is I prefer the musical piece of Victory Celebration more than Yub Nub.

Lapti Nek and Yub Nub >>>>>>>>>>>> Jedi Rocks and the sedate new age music of the SE ending. :lecture

I agree 100% on Lapti Nek, that music had a really cool alien like sound to it and fit the scene and atmosphere perfectly. Jedi Rocks on the other hand is completely AWFUL along with that over the top dance sequence and has no place in Star Wars period! I remember when I first watched the original trilogy 97 SE's (not having seen any other versions) the two things that I thought really stood out to me as being horrible in those movies were the cgi Jabba and Jedi Rocks.

I agree 100% on Lapti Nek, that music had a really cool alien like sound to it and fit the scene and atmosphere perfectly. Jedi Rocks on the other hand is completely AWFUL along with that over the top dance sequence and has no place in Star Wars period! I remember when I first watched the original trilogy 97 SE's (not having seen any other versions) the two things that I thought really stood out to me as being horrible in those movies were the cgi Jabba and Jedi Rocks.

What I find weird about the cgi jabba scene is that they recycled HF dialogue from the greedo part. When he steps on
jabba's tail he says the same " even I get boarded sometimes " line, its just weird hearing that twice. :slap

And unnecessary. It basically goes over the same info from the Greedo scene. Not needed at all. Plus it ruins the reveal of the Falcon. How the **** did Lucas not realize this?!?

I should be getting SW 2.5 and TESB 2.0 shortly. Curious if anyone has the SW and TESB Revisted? From the clips I've seen on youtube, the changes in TESB look great compared to the actual special editions. any comments?

For Starters u only have to put ESB for the abbreviation, second SW2.5 and ESB2.0 are better than anything I have seen so far.
I need no other SW ever again, unless of course someone does the 1997 SE like this. I wouldn't mind having that SE as its bearable.

Back