Happy Easter Folks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Okay SF I must admit this is very strange, but I am with you 100% on this one for a change. I came into this episode late, but it appears action was taken prematurely. While I don't try to force my religious beliefs on anyone else, I don't expect to have my beliefs confined to a closet either because of someone else's nonreligious beliefs.

I figure it should be obvious that if the title of a post refers to Easter then most likely not only will you be exposed to images of the easter bunny but also to those of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. That should be a no brainer.

FYI, the pic wasn't censored for religious content but for violence content. If someone had posted a close-up of the beat up cop from Reservoir Dogs I would have deleted that too.

FYI, the pic wasn't censored for religious content but for violence content. If someone had posted a close-up of the beat up cop from Reservoir Dogs I would have deleted that too

That is a pathetic response. There is not a scene that I showed that compares to the cop's ear that I posted. It was not a closeup. I also did not post that image in any other thread, limiting it to the Easter thread as it is a image of Jesus from a phenominally successful independant film last year. I certainly did not post an image "out of place, or out of time." There was no image of anyone doing anything violent to Jesus, that had already been done and he was on the cross.

that is an ignorant statement of such profound hugeness. There was no closeup of any visible wounds or flailed back. It was an image approximately of 10-15 ft. distance that, there was no scene of a lance in the side, no scene of Jesus in the process of being nailed. The image I posted was this one here if you care to see it and make a judgement:

www.family.org/topics/passion/100.jpg

I find it also very telling that a site called FAMILY.ORG would be hosting this image. Hmmmm.

There was NO ACTIVE VIOLENCE in the image, only the result. Perhaps you need a lecturing about the purpose of art Dave, it is supposed to be impacting, provocative, challenging, and it is supposed to be disturbing as it is a image of a execution of Jesus. You think all images of a the crucifixion have to be whitewashed version?

You are acting in the manner of an iconoclast, and that, according to the ancient church, was as the same action as the Roman centurion who did plunge the lance into Jesus, and considered heresy.

If you want to compare religious iconography and imagery, I can flood this thread with images of unredoubtable artist painted images that are more gruesome and disturbing, and are in the cathedrals, basilica's, monestaries, and other locations.

it is ironic also that I just this hour completed watching a PBS documentary the changing imagery of the depiction of Jesus, the cross, and the Resurrection, so... if you want to keep trying to justify your religious censorship in this thread, bring it on.

another thing to think about, unless this is also censored because I am the messenger,

How many images of violence, decapitations, piercing with arrows, bloody torso's, bloody movie villains and murderers such as Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and so on have we been exposed to here on this board from the movies, or from Sideshow-Weta's prosucts ??????? Ugluk come to mind??? Cleaved orc????

and you have the nerve of editing out a singular image of Jesus being crucified on Good Friday???????

and on another ote..

Did you know that more than half og the population of Britain does not know why we really celebrate Easter and don't know what it's about? I couldn't believe it, did most people here in Britain not go to school?? lol.

Yes we do go to school but thankfully can take options for classes and they don't have to include history(or at least thats how it worked when I was at school).

IMO Many people will not know the holidays and reasoning behind it if they have never been brought up in a religious environment.If you dont learn it at home or school, how you gonna know ???

shell
x
:toast :gimli

That's pretty much it in a nutshell adoptedscot. Actually you can almost eliminate school from that list now though. Very rarely will the religious background of holidays be taught in schools nowadays, so the burden falls upon teaching in the home. Then if the parents weren't brought up with the teachings obviously the children aren't going to learn them either. (in most cases)

Re: and on another ote..

Thanks Oxbeard

I was thinking about this post after I made it and school would have difficulty teaching any Religion at all unless it was a Specifically Religious school(catholic,jewish,islamic) or the student chooses to study Religion as an area of Study.

So,is it for the parents to teach?, but as mentioned if they are not religious then the children are not necessarily going to be.
And it goes on......

It is not always out of ignorance that people do not know the meaning/background of certain/any holidays.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

lol I wasn't calling anyone thick, just surprised most people didn't know. I'm not a religious person at all, but I thought you just found out these things through not only History but Religious Studies, but mainly from just watching TV and seeing programmes, even childrens programmes about it. Then there's films too. Maybe I'm being ignorant by not seeing why people don't know what it's all about. :dunno

Back