Happy Birthday Maulfan!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, nice gift to know what kinda support I have around here.

As for monetary gifts, this is the treasured one for me this year. Jonathan Papelbon, the closing pitcher for the Red Sox, is my favorite player and I've been meaning to get an official jersey of his for some time, but they're pricey and with all the collectibles, anytime it was on my brain it didn't fit in the budget and when it fit I wasn't thinking. Well I don't know what prompted them to do it, I never mentioned it to anyone but my brother, but they got me one. I was going to wear it to work today but I didn't want to be disrepectful to my co-workers, they'd have been ok with my dressing down, management, but Friday is dress down day and I don't want to abuse privilege, but I don't want to wait til Friday either haha.

maulfan5.jpg

maulfan6.jpg

Great gift! :rock

I've been wanting to get a Ryan Braun jersey for a while, and it always comes down to jersey or figures (or sometimes video games). Figures win every time.

It's a really nice shirt, I think they're defeinitely priced sky high because they're the official deal, not so much the materials, but still, it's loose, comfortable. I used to have a replica hockey jersey for a local minor league team up here in junior high made of a similar material and it was one of my favorite shirts.

Hell yeah, though I feel bad, I get his jersey and same day he blows a save against the Yankees. Blue you were my boyyyy!!! haha.

And thanks again everyone!

6 pages Sean, you know why? People respect you here, I hope you had a great day man! Love the jersey by the way, i'm not a baseball fan but I have to admit the Sox sparked a bit of interest for me.

6 pages Sean, you know why? People respect you here, I hope you had a great day man! Love the jersey by the way, i'm not a baseball fan but I have to admit the Sox sparked a bit of interest for me.

Thanks dude. I never appreciated baseball until college, the energy of being in a room full of people shouting as a guy rounds first and things like that, it's a lot of fun, and going to Fenway is one of my favorite things to do in the world. Papelbon's my boy, I just enjoy the intensity he plays with and the fact he's a goof like me on the field. As a hazing his rookie year, they made him shave his hair like Charlie Sheen as Wild Thing in the move Major League and now they play the song Wild Thing just like in the movie whenever Papelbon comes out of the bullpen; the intensity of the crowd in Fenway is incredible when he steps out.

As for those worrying about the late wishes, it's all good, it's the support around here that matters most, not timing.

Back