Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: Really glad to hear that it got renewed, I really like the whole atmosphere of the show, very well done. Even though I'm sure it would have probably gotten picked up by another company if NBC had cancelled it, I would have been very sad if it were no longer shown on a channel I can watch since I don't have cable. Then it would be like "The Walking Dead" which is another show I really like but unfortunately can't watch.:monkey2

Tonights episode (Buffet Froid) was really cool and creepy, especially the look of the girl and the final scene between Hannibal and Dr. Sutcliffe,
Spoiler Spoiler:
, yikes.:yuck It's interesting how Hannibal really seems to considers Will his friend, but yet decides to deceive him about what is really wrong with him.:cuckoo: Next weeks episode looks interesting too, looking forward to it.

Mads Mikkelson is truly great...I just saw Valhalla Rising on Netflix...The guys doesnt say a word the entire film...Reminded me somewhat of a Terrence Mallick type of film...very brutal yet simple....I liked it...This series is pretty good as well

:yess: Really glad to hear that it got renewed, I really like the whole atmosphere of the show, very well done. Even though I'm sure it would have probably gotten picked up by another company if NBC had cancelled it, I would have been very sad if it were no longer shown on a channel I can watch since I don't have cable. Then it would be like "The Walking Dead" which is another show I really like but unfortunately can't watch.:monkey2

Tonights episode (Buffet Froid) was really cool and creepy, especially the look of the girl and the final scene between Hannibal and Dr. Sutcliffe,
Spoiler Spoiler:
, yikes.:yuck It's interesting how Hannibal really seems to considers Will his friend, but yet decides to deceive him about what is really wrong with him.:cuckoo: Next weeks episode looks interesting too, looking forward to it.

I love this show! How many more episodes..2?
Anyways, Mads was awesome. He looked better in that plastic coat than Patrick Bateman! :lol:
And I have to agree with you about that girl, she was really creepy, her eyes...ew!

Some how, some way, I want a Mads Mikklesen Hannibal custom figure and Will Graham! You hear that all you sculptors?! :lecture:

I'm glad it was renewed as well. Do you all think it will deal with Hannibal's capture eventually and continue the show past that point, or do you think it will end there?

It's supposed to continue according to the producers (if all goes well). The fourth season would retell Red Dragon which is when Graham finally realizes that Lecter is a serial killer and Lecter attacks him/gets caught.

The problem is, the people behind this show don't own anything that originates in Silence of the Lambs. So no Buffalo Bill, no Clarice, etc. That's when they'll hit a wall i.e. do they come up with a separate/new story from there or what!?

Keep in mind, this show is struggling so who knows if they'll ever get to that point. NBC (according to a new report) is struggling in the ratings as a whole network which is probably why they gave Hannibal a second chance since it's the most critically acclaimed new show they've had in a while.

Yeah.. great episode. The scene with Graham drawing the clock was crazy too.

:goodpost:

Great moment when Hannibal looks down at what Will had drawn for a clock. This show is the best thing that's been on network tv for quite some time. The pacing is fantastic, the shots (I love the transition of time by seeing the clouds accelerate and the lights flicker in the houses) are wonderful, and the performances have been subtle enough to maintain a strong sense of suspense. I'm glad that it's been renewed and I hope it continues on until we see the fevered hunt for Hannibal and of course the realization of what all of those wonderful dinner parties actually involved.

It's supposed to continue according to the producers (if all goes well). The fourth season would retell Red Dragon which is when Graham finally realizes that Lecter is a serial killer and Lecter attacks him/gets caught.

The problem is, the people behind this show don't own anything that originates in Silence of the Lambs. So no Buffalo Bill, no Clarice, etc. That's when they'll hit a wall i.e. do they come up with a separate/new story from there or what!?

Keep in mind, this show is struggling so who knows if they'll ever get to that point. NBC (according to a new report) is struggling in the ratings as a whole network which is probably why they gave Hannibal a second chance since it's the most critically acclaimed new show they've had in a while.

Those that own the rights to Silence of the Lambs have been unable to get their "Clarice" show off the ground. It's not a closed door for the "Hannibal" people if they could negotiate. I know they have tried by offering use of some of their characters to the other show, but they got rejected in return. In a way, Silence of the Lambs though is Clarice's film/story, not Hannibal's, so it's likely that they go another way. I can't remember the timeframe, but by the time Clarice goes to see Hannibal he had been in there for years I believe. So they could still have Hannibal helping Will on cases from lockup like he did in Manhunter/Red Dragon. Really, a show like this, only has a couple seasons in it before it jumps the shark.

I was rather amused by this week's killer. The girl who played her, Ellen Muth, was on Bryan Fuller's previous show Dead Like Me, where she played a girl named Georgia who was killed and came back as a reaper to guide peoples' souls to the afterlife, but walked around in the real world unrecognized by the people she knew when she was alive. Her name in Hannibal was also Georgia, but she thought she was dead and couldn't recognize people she knew when she was alive. Fuller had a bit of fun with this ep.

Back