Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was awesome seeing the scenes from the film recreated, particularly the "bowels in, or bowels out?" moment.

Mads Mikkelsen interview with Stern

Are you sad about the end of Hannibal?

Yes and no."Bryan Fuller" is very radical, which I love. “Can we really do that on TV?” I thought. Somehow we were allowed. (Chuckles) The end was not a surprise, the numbers were low. The big surprise was that NBC was brave enough to give us three years. I am grateful for that, and if we are not taken by someone else, it was good.

Fans are using the Twitter hashtag "#SaveHannibal" so that it continues.

I’ve heard of it. But since I am a child of the last century, I am neither on Facebook nor Twitter.

Does that mean you don’t have a problem letting go of it? “That was great, thank you, next project?”

This is the nature of my profession. We do not normally take a particularly long time. Three seasons of "Hannibal"is the longest it’s been. Movies mean a few months of preparation, a few weeks of shooting, and then we say “goodbye.” This approach has something beautiful and fresh, because we all have to be awake always to always be ready. I like this process. On the other hand, I like it too to see old friends - as it was with*Men & Chicken.

hth68W0.png

:gah:

Everyone is passing because there's no audience to provide the show for. According to Entertainment Weekly, Gaumont International Television cut the season's licensing fee for NBC down to $185,000 per episode. Which is crazy. Even season 1 was cheap for them ($750K per episode). That's why they kept with it after the first cancellation: they kept getting no-lose deals like that. But even with the profit they were making they were missing out on making even more money for that time slot. So it had to go. :lol

Everyone is passing because there's no audience to provide the show for. According to Entertainment Weekly, Gaumont International Television cut the season's licensing fee for NBC down to $185,000 per episode. Which is crazy. Even season 1 was cheap for them ($750K per episode). That's why they kept with it after the first cancellation: they kept getting no-lose deals like that. But even with the profit they were making they were missing out on making even more money for that time slot. So it had to go. :lol

When was that?

Brian Reitzell's score grates on me lately too. It's like he is kicking a bucket around a room and Bryan Fuller is like 'GENIUS!!!'

When they said they were doing the Florence storyline I thought we'd see, you know, Florence.

I kept getting '68 Planet of the Apes flashbacks.

Man, this week's episode was bonkers! It was the best episode of the season for me so far. The way that the episode was paced, it definitely felt like the season/series finale. The slow pace of the earlier episodes this season really paid off with this episode. I can't wait for the final arc. Definitely going to miss this show when it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've really, really got to get around to watching this series at some point. Everybody I know loves it and I've always been a fan of Hopkins and Cox's Lecters. I will tell ya that what NBC did to this show is a ****ing travesty. By cancelling Hannibal, I really do see that NBC and all the networks have thrown up the white flag to cable and online streaming when it comes to drama. I really do see a time coming when the networks completely and totally dismantle their drama and comedy studios/departments and just air reality and variety programming plus sports. That's the only thing that seems to bring in the big ratings now on the networks. All the great drama, comedy and genre offerings will continue to be aired on basic and premium cable and online streaming from here on out. Hannibal is undoubtedly on par with the very best cable and streaming has to offer but NBC destroyed it cause they want to give the brain dead American public another "Voice" or "America's Got Talent" or "Survivor." Its sad really.

I've really, really got to get around to watching this series at some point. Everybody I know loves it and I've always been a fan of Hopkins and Cox's Lecters. I will tell ya that what NBC did to this show is a ****ing travesty. By cancelling Hannibal, I really do see that NBC and all the networks have thrown up the white flag to cable and online streaming when it comes to drama. I really do see a time coming when the networks completely and totally dismantle their drama and comedy studios/departments and just air reality and variety programming plus sports. That's the only thing that seems to bring in the big ratings now on the networks. All the great drama, comedy and genre offerings will continue to be aired on basic and premium cable and online streaming from here on out. Hannibal is undoubtedly on par with the very best cable and streaming has to offer but NBC destroyed it cause they want to give the brain dead American public another "Voice" or "America's Got Talent" or "Survivor." Its sad really.

To be fair, it's a miracle we got 3 seasons on Network TV considering the subject matter. I'm amazed that even half of what they have showed was allowed to be aired. Especially the most recent episode, yikes!
As good as we think the show is (and it's very good), it still has to attract an audience to the network (which it hasn't) to be viable. Shows have been cancelled halfway through the first season with twice the rating numbers Hannibal has got.

I love how spiteful Hannibal was in the last ep; 'Will doesn't want to know where I am ever again? I'll show him...' *purposefully gets arrested*

Back