Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the show managed to get this episode past the censor police I have no idea. Holy crap what an episode! Michael Pitt for New 52 Joker please. Wow, I'm still blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turned my stomach and was surprised they got away with it. Reminds me of The X-Files " Home" episode that some stations refused to air and was not re-aired in syndication. Overall, though, this symbiotic relationship between Will and Hannibal with them both being in every scene (significant one) together is growing a bit tiresome. With what happened last night and the speed with which this season is going, I can't see it making it past a 3rd season.

Turned my stomach and was surprised they got away with it. Reminds me of The X-Files " Home" episode that some stations refused to air and was not re-aired in syndication. Overall, though, this symbiotic relationship between Will and Hannibal with them both being in every scene (significant one) together is growing a bit tiresome. With what happened last night and the speed with which this season is going, I can't see it making it past a 3rd season.

A solid short run, a la Breaking Bad, would really work for Hannibal.

He will no doubt be caught and they can introduce Clarice. 5 series and then go out on a high.

They have seven seasons mapped out, basing them on the books.

Yeah what map is that when they've killed off Chilton, probably will kill Jack next week, Bella is dead now, she shouldn't be dead til Hannibal, Bloom and Lounds are both women what the hell!!!

End of changes to the novels rant.

How the show managed to get this episode past the censor police I have no idea. Holy crap what an episode! Michael Pitt for New 52 Joker please. Wow, I'm still blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding. Even the New 52 Joker had a scene not all that different from this episode. That was brutal. Even without showing it clearly, I'm impressed they got away with what they did. Can't wait to see the full reveal of him now.

Next week ought to be a game changer, however it plays out.

Yeah what map is that when they've killed off Chilton (apparently, but doesn't drastically effect anything), probably will kill Jack next week(doubt it), Bella is dead now (when did that happen?), she shouldn't be dead til Hannibal, Bloom and Lounds are both women (makes a difference how?)what the hell!!!

End of changes to the novels rant.

Honest questions. :peace

I thought it was beautiful the way they turned Mason feeding himself to dogs into Mason feeding himself to Will's dogs. And the best was Winston sitting outside like, **** THIS.

A solid short run, a la Breaking Bad, would really work for Hannibal.

He will no doubt be caught and they can introduce Clarice. 5 series and then go out on a high.

They have seven seasons mapped out, basing them on the books.

I'm confused. Don't they only have the rights to Red Dragon, hence the credit before every episode? Also all the discussion from the creator about how they weren't going to be able to ever use the Starling storyline? Of course, call me crazy, but I don't recall Verger appearing until Hannibal, so do they have the rights to Hannibal as well as Red Dragon? They may have delusions of seven seasons, but it's all about ratings and will the fans stick with it that long. To me, it has been all over the place this season. Sure there are some nice nods to the fans about certain characters, but it means little when they go around constantly altering what was in the book(s). The killer of the week thing seems to have stopped. Now it is the bromance between Will (who is playing Hannibal) and Hannibal (who is playing will) which is getting a bit tired. If they had the rights to Silence of the Lambs, I'd say three seasons for Red Dragon, two for Silence of the Lambs and two for Hannibal. But 7 seasons for one book, that they already have covered 50% or more of?

Yeah, Chilton isn't dead :lecture

Loved seeing the reimagining of the self mutilation scene from the film...Pitt sounds even more like Oldman now :lol

They have the rights to the characters introduced in Red Dragon, not just the story itself. MGM holds the rights to the characters introduced in Silence of the Lambs (eg: Clarice Starling) and they aren't interested in sharing.
I'm assuming characters introduced in Hannibal are free game, or part of the original deal?

If they get as far as the Silence timeline, I'm pretty sure they could recreate the storyline but would need a new character to replace Clarice Starling.

Amazing episode. Truly shocking what they showed.

I only ever watched Silence of the Lambs, so I was unfamiliar with the whole Verger storyline. But wow, what he finally becomes in the end of the episode with his mask is beyond freaky! :horror

And had to :rotfl at Hannibal's reaction to Verger sticking a knife into his chair!

I really hope Jack and Alana survive! :pray:

Something tells me Will's going to have a much closer bond with the dog that was out on the porch than the others.:lol

And had to :rotfl at Hannibal's reaction to Verger sticking a knife into his chair!

Yeah I loved that bit...the mixture of surprise and disgust on Hannibal's face was priceless :lol

cyBD8g5.gif

Hannibal-Season-2-Episode-12-Hannibal-Chair.gif

Back