Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the headsculpt on the first pf is actually not bad...It is the paint that killed it.

Attachments

• 3a15755ebd28d1dfef9a6b712c2f4991.jpg
    3a15755ebd28d1dfef9a6b712c2f4991.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 206
wait a sec, now I'm not sure if it was that one or this one : )

Attachments

• b155c0ff0ec61e2715111c5584473554.jpg
    b155c0ff0ec61e2715111c5584473554.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 204
  • han_prodblog_02.jpg
    han_prodblog_02.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 201
  • han_prodblog_03.jpg
    han_prodblog_03.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 201
All of your pics with the bluer tint are of Trevor Grove's 12 inch Han. That greenish one looks like the first PF though. I wonder if anyone ever had it repainted.

The green one is the PF. I have it and those bushy eyebrows are unmistakable.

I hope I don't miss out on the priority preorder. I am not fast enough at these things. :( Good luck everyone!

I hope I don't miss out on the priority preorder. I am not fast enough at these things. :( Good luck everyone!

I'm leaning toward picking this up but I fully expect it to remain in stock well past its release which is good because I don't put deposits down on SSC products anymore until I see the final result. If the nonsensical exclusive sells out then no big, I'd never use it anyway.

Seems like no one can get young Harrison Fords likeness. With every attempt I appreciate the Hot Toys attempts even more.

Since PF prices seem to be increasing almost $100/yr., I figure if SS revisits Han in, say, 5 years, they'll want over $1000 for it. Oh, and there's no guarantee that the sculpt or paintjob will be any better:( Decisions...decisions...

I sort of feel the same regarding the headsculpts. Have you had a chance to look at Iron Studios' 1/4 Cap, Falcon or Winter Sodier. I have them all and the facesculpts are great in my opinion. Or maybe even the company that did the Marilyn Munroe or Rocky headsculpts. All use some sort of translucent resin.

Sideshow has experimented with their Man of Steel (imo a failure) and their comic Green Lantern (which was a step in the right direction), but they really do need to use the material for all their pieces with actor likenesses or they are doomed to fail.

I don't have any Iron Studios pieces yet but I agree with you based upon the pictures of these. The head sculpts and likenesses look much closer to Hot Toys. Looks like these run around $100 more than Sideshow currently so may be for the next price increase there will be a quality increase as well. One can hope!

Last edited:
I don't have any Iron Studios pieces yet but I agree with you based upon the pictures of these. The head sculpts and likenesses look much closer to Hot Toys. Looks like these run around $100 more than Sideshow currently so may be for the next price increase there will be a quality increase as well. One can hope!

Doubt it. Especially given that the price increases for both Deadpool and Thanos are already in excess on $100. And until we see a series of production pieces, quality will still be an unknown.

Suffice it to say I will never preorder a Sideshow movie related piece where actor likeness is key ever again. I will wait until in hand pics surface to make a decision.

I may lose out on exclusives, but that doesn't bother me as I've only ordered direct with Sideshow once, so I'm used to it.

I just got this email. I'm perplexed yet again. Honestly considered my 1st pf's as Luke and han. It this sculpt is just I don't know when I can have jnix han and old man han from HT. And when did han use a stormtrooper blaster in empire???
98fc041dc77065a6b4794fdf35ce8ecb.jpg

deb7d84954ed04d51c231c62f970ea41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back