1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick shot after inspection and back in the box until i have a solid days time from work to shuffle around my display. :(
View attachment 372295
Happy to open up the box and see that he is in scale :yess:- at least to my eyes.
I'm super stoked with this piece. Yeah... Over priced, but i've been wanting this guy ever since my first 1/6 fig to the left and decided i'd gladly spend the money. Jabba's Palace version was what i originally wanted but was too much on the secondary market. Happy they rereleased this. Paint apps are nice for what they are (panel apps are clean and sharp) and the electronic piece has some very nice details. Great thing too is the AAA batteries for the base, which i forgot had a light up feature, and also the block where i thought would be some button cell batteries.
Quick side-by-side shot for scale. I don't have ANH Han so just threw in my only version of him for comparison.

Great, clear pic!:clap

And no, this isn't a re-release - it is an entirely new sculpt vs the polystone version a few years back (though both are ROTJ versions.)

Wish I had a proper camera. The block has some weight to it, a bit heavier than I expected. The base is well done too but I can't get the red plastic diffusion piece out to change to the alternative white light look. I'm sure it'll come out but as for the couple attempts with my fingers shows one might need tweezers or pliers to get a grip on it. Gonna display it with the red anyways.
Jazz's Freezing Chamber looks like it's coming along nicely. Interested in seeing he complete and final setup.

I ended up applying just over $100 in RP and ordered from SS. Takes some of the sting out of the price. I kind of wanted to wait this out but so hard to tell if it would sell out.

I ended up applying just over $100 in RP and ordered from SS. Takes some of the sting out of the price. I kind of wanted to wait this out but so hard to tell if it would sell out.

Ditto on that, I used my points and ended up getting this for $68. Mine will be here today!

Woo hoo! Mine just got delivered! That's the fastest I've ever gotten Sideshow and I'm on the east coast. Shipped Tuesday. Anyway, plan to film a YouTube video review on it sometime Saturday then post it up on my channel. Still haven't seen any video reviews of it on YouTube.

UPS came earlier than I thought. Overall it's a nice display piece, that said I'm glad I was able to use my points to knock the price down to $68. I think I would feel like I had over paid for it had I paid full price. The light up features are pretty nice, the base looks good but the Carbonite block are where the lights really shine. The thing you need to be careful with is where the on/off switch is, they put the switch inside the block so it's a pain in the ass to pull it out just to turn on the lights, to pull out the where the switch is there is no really way to grab it other than these tiny handles that will snap off if you are no careful. It also has an issue with the base where the slide out piece that allows you to chance the colors from orange to white. SS slid it in crooked so now it's difficult to pull out, more of SS awesome QC at work. Again I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price.

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg

UPS came earlier than I thought. Overall it's a nice display piece, that said I'm glad I was able to use my points to knock the price down to $68. I think I would feel like I had over paid for it had I paid full price. The light up features are pretty nice, the base looks good but the Carbonite block are where the lights really shine. The thing you need to be careful with is where the on/off switch is, they put the switch inside the block so it's a pain in the ass to pull it out just to turn on the lights, to pull out the where the switch is there is no really way to grab it other than these tiny handles that will snap off if you are no careful. It also has an issue with the base where the slide out piece that allows you to chance the colors from orange to white. SS slid it in crooked so now it's difficult to pull out, more of SS awesome QC at work. Again I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price.

View attachment 372636
View attachment 372637
View attachment 372638
You take the piece out from the opposite side and push the battery unit out... those handles are not meant for pulling it in and out...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Don't you think it's a bit silly to have to remove a piece on one side then push the switch out just to turn on the lights. I'll probably never use the lights anyway...

Don't you think it's a bit silly to have to remove a piece on one side then push the switch out just to turn on the lights. I'll probably never use the lights anyway...
Not really... it wasn't rocket science to figure it out either... you sound like you would moan if you got it for free....

Thanks RandomOne for the pics--I have been on the fence with this one since it announced--your pics sealed the deal! Great shots!
No problem at all man... glad i could be of assistance [emoji106]

I was hoping that it would come today when SS offered to process early last week. But it will be here tomorrow. I won’t have a chance to open it until some time next week, and my in-laws will be staying with me so who knows when I’ll get some real time to mess with it and get it on display with the rest of my collection. Glad to finally have a Han in Carbonite!

I got it today! Great complement to the Carbon Freezing chamber diorama I'm designing. Here is my review of the SideShow Han Solo in Carbonite in 1/6 scale.

my affiliate link to the piece: https://side.sh/5ka

JazzInc --wow just finished your review! so fast--really great in depth look and "mod on the spot!" I was worried too about the sculpt being soft--for all the detail that Hot Toys puts in their sculpts you would think that Sideshow would try to match that level of detail. I am wondering if this sculpt was done with a cast off a real sculpt, or was it a digital sculpt like from Zbrush. It feels "low resolution" in the face. Overall the piece itself is solid, but yes overpriced.

Can't wait for you to finish the chamber diorama!!! Thanks for the insightful review!

I got it today! Great complement to the Carbon Freezing chamber diorama I'm designing. Here is my review of the SideShow Han Solo in Carbonite in 1/6 scale.

Nice review, Jazz. Are you thinking of building in a way in your diorama to have the block in the floating position?

Back