1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, but I used RPs and Discount codes on them, which brought the prices down significantly enough to still go with SS.

But the fact that RPs no longer even cover the cost of shipping makes them not worth it, unfortunately. These are my last pending pre-orders with SS.

I still have some RPs to utilize and once used, I'm pretty much done ordering direct from them.

Are they mailing all on the same date? I ordered K2, X-Wing Luke and Jyn Ex all on the same day. They put them all in one big box and mailed them out. Shipping did cost $25.30 from CA to CO. :huh

Really?
My K2 was $20 and I think my RO STs were almost $25 and I'm about 30 mi from SSC :(
Not to mention the tax.
I still have RP's and the Wifey got me a gift card for my bday. After they're use I'm pretty much done with them. Last couple PO's have been with BBTS. Cant beat $4 and no NRD well minus TLJ releases but that doesn't concern me ;)

Called Sideshow today to see about possibly getting my Carbonite Han, Jyn in Disguise and Ellen Ripley shipped together. I received a polite but disappointing "Sorry, but no."

:gah:

Called Sideshow today to see about possibly getting my Carbonite Han, Jyn in Disguise and Ellen Ripley shipped together. I received a polite but disappointing "Sorry, but no."

You should have asked why. Are they just purposely trying to charge shipping on all three to make more off of you rather than combining shipping? I get that they're trying to make money but that's kinda shady to not combine shipping when they're shipping three items to you at once. They already charge more for shipping than just about any other e-tailer I use.

Weird. Sideshow used to combine shipping? I remember getting figures shipped together. Bespin Han and mace Windu come to mind.....

Well the why is they can charge $60-$75 more. Combined shipping would also require them to do a bit more than simply apply a sticker to a box.

My Han in Carbonite has shipped.

As for not combining shipping, the reason given, if I remember correctly, was that they normally do not offer that service...

Just got hit for $23.50 shipping for Han in Carb. Jyn will be another $20.30 and Ripley will be $10.00, which I guess was fortunately the shipping price at the time it was pre-ordered. I got lucky there, I guess.

Well the why is they can charge $60-$75 more. Combined shipping would also require them to do a bit more than simply apply a sticker to a box.
Yeah, but still I'd have asked for an explanation as to why they can't. It's not an unreasonable request if they're all shipping at the same time. That's blatantly gouging customers for more money on top of their already overpriced shipping prices. It didn't happen to me but hearing crap like that makes me want to take more of my business elsewhere. It's not like it would require that much more work. Gather the items and put them into a box that fits (which presumably as a business they have). Weigh the box and charge a bulk rate.

Yeah, but still I'd have asked for an explanation as to why they can't. It's not an unreasonable request if they're all shipping at the same time. That's blatantly gouging customers for more money on top of their already overpriced shipping prices. It didn't happen to me but hearing crap like that makes me want to take more of my business elsewhere. It's not like it would require that much more work. Gather the items and put them into a box that fits (which presumably as a business they have). Weigh the box and charge a bulk rate.

I completely agree. I have mostly been buying elsewhere for awhile now.

I can tell you that it's BS but as far as the cost of shipping it is a lot more for me to ship to the Western US over Eastern for the same box. Shipped a PF I thought was $25 but it was $60 and it was the box size not the weight.

They should do combined when we had this kind of situation. I have the FO PF, Han, IS Vader and Carnage all coming this month and I'm fine waiting for one delivery but thankfully the Trooper & Carnage were free. Based on my experience that's $100-$130 to ship them, meaning $50-$60 each. Possibly a company gets a price break for shipping so much but still.

I can tell you that it's BS but as far as the cost of shipping it is a lot more for me to ship to the Western US over Eastern for the same box. Shipped a PF I thought was $25 but it was $60 and it was the box size not the weight.

They should do combined when we had this kind of situation. I have the FO PF, Han, IS Vader and Carnage all coming this month and I'm fine waiting for one delivery but thankfully the Trooper & Carnage were free. Based on my experience that's $100-$130 to ship them, meaning $50-$60 each. Possibly a company gets a price break for shipping so much but still.

Companies who ship in the kind of bulk sideshow does get really sweet rates. They charge me $25ish for a 1/6 and their cost is likely around $5. This is the type of rate my company gets and I doubt we even come close to the type of volume sideshow does.

Quick shot after inspection and back in the box until i have a solid days time from work to shuffle around my display. :(
IMG_8600.jpg
Happy to open up the box and see that he is in scale :yess:- at least to my eyes.
I'm super stoked with this piece. Yeah... Over priced, but i've been wanting this guy ever since my first 1/6 fig to the left and decided i'd gladly spend the money. Jabba's Palace version was what i originally wanted but was too much on the secondary market. Happy they rereleased this. Paint apps are nice for what they are (panel apps are clean and sharp) and the electronic piece has some very nice details. Great thing too is the AAA batteries for the base, which i forgot had a light up feature, and also the block where i thought would be some button cell batteries.
Quick side-by-side shot for scale. I don't have ANH Han so just threw in my only version of him for comparison.

Received this piece today. Just unboxed it about 30 mins ago and I must say it's very nice. Pretty straightforward.

It does indeed look to be in scale with the other figures and the detail is very nice. This will serve as the Han Solo in my minimalist ESB display. Only other two ESB characters I might pick up somewhere down the line would be a Hoth Leia and a Vader. Right now, I currently have DX07 Bespin Luke (clean version), Yoda, SSC RG Luke, and now this.

Thanks for posting that pic, D.R.37.

It most definitely looks to be in scale there. Mine is due to arrive on Friday.

(Jyn and Ripley shipped out today with different tracking numbers, so no combined shipping for me...) :(

Back