1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really would like this. I used to have the old one and frankly it wasn't that great - a good display piece but the details were poor and it looks like this is going to the same. Nice idea not well executed. And certainly not at the price point.

We have to consider that Sideshow bases their prices on a very complex structure, factoring in licensing, design, sculpt, marketing, material, paint, factory, labor, and logistical costs alongside how many in upper management want a new Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari, or Lamborghini.

Has it been confirmed that this is plastic? I have the original, it is a heavy polystone along with the backdrop of Jabba's palace. I would assume it is plastic with the levitation usage... I think a polystone would be too heavy for that. $250 for plastic is borderline criminal.. they cant claim exclusivity because in a year or so they will reissue this with even less accessories.

It was confirmed at SDCC to be plastic and there'd be led lights this time. Not sure why the pics don't seem to show the electronics??? That's would seem to be the selling point to me. Kinda like Mauls ankles should have been his.

Even if the price wasn't so outrageous I'd still be waiting given that it's a Sideshow product and I find them hard to put faith in when pre-ordering something. It seems like all of their items I have I've been somewhat disappointed in. I wouldn't think they could mess this up too bad but who knows.

We have to consider that Sideshow bases their prices on a very complex structure, factoring in licensing, design, sculpt, marketing, material, paint, factory, labor, and logistical costs alongside how many in upper management want a new Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari, or Lamborghini.

1000% truth spoken here

:rotfl ..... Perfect, but sadly the honest truth... Greed. The more successful a company becomes and the larger they grow, the more overhead they have. So, simply, even if the cost's of making the item do not go up due to inflation, the companies internal expenses do. Therefore price increases anyway as long as the demand is there. This price is a shame. :nono

:rotfl ..... Perfect, but sadly the honest truth... Greed. The more successful a company becomes and the larger they grow, the more overhead they have. So, simply, even if the cost's of making the item do not go up due to inflation, the companies internal expenses do. Therefore price increases anyway as long as the demand is there. This price is a shame. :nono

This is a good point too, also explains why theyve been redoing so many star wars figures instead of making new ones, easy cash

You Gus are funny. This is a business not a social program. :lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't get that. Customers do complain, especially when products are overpriced. What's so funny about that?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Wut? How does one change complaints? I sure don't know the answer to that. I wasn't looking to change anyone's complaints. :dunno

Youre mocking peoples complaining by saying Sideshow isnt a social program, but a business. How does that change the validity of complaints?

Didn't get that. Customers do complain, especially when products are overpriced. What's so funny about that?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Well ok. That has nothing to do with the comment I made, which you quoted.

I think it's overpriced too. But I don't begrudge a company to make that mistake, whether it's greed or not. They have a pricepoint based on a number of things. If that includes money for enough profit to fund some guys Lamborghini, so be it. If people actually buy it, then he deserves the perk. If not, they deserve the to take the hit.

Youre mocking peoples complaining by saying Sideshow isnt a social program, but a business. How does that change the validity of complaints?

I was mocking a few posters bemoaning a company perceiving a profit grab. Anyhoo.

I still don't get what you mean my "changing complaints". I wasn't looking to change anyone's complaint.

Pretty sure I already wrote that in my response to you.

Just in case you missed it this time, I will make it big.

I wasn't looking to change anyone's complaint.

I think the problem with Sideshow is how much and how fast pricing has increased with their products and also that they're constantly under delivering. Their quality hasn't gone up to match their pricing, they aren't giving us more (often times less), and there are better players in the game constantly overshadowing them. Their strategy just seems a bit odd. I sometimes wonder how well they'd do if they weren't Hot Toys' official US distributor.

They are certainly entitled to make a profit. They're a business. But I am questioning the pricing here from a business standpoint.

It would not have cost them that much more to make it a bigger base so that at least a few figures could stand around it. Then people might bite at this price.

Or they could've priced it lower and sold more of them. I have no interest in a Han in Carbonite display but I would've gotten one to go with Boba Fett if it were a reasonable price just to have, as others would.

I'm really not sure who this is for. Anyone looking to get just a replica of the Hansicle is better off getting a larger scale one for not much more.

Anyone looking for a diorama piece for their display is going to be disappointed because this is barely a diorama. For $250 I would've included a decent sized carbon freeze chamber base with maybe the claw that lifts the block up and a console for a companion Ugnaught two pack set.

Back