• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Han in Carbonite hero panel FULL lighting kit!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeljag

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been selling these for a while on theRPF and thought I'd offer them here too.

Here's a picture of what's included in the kit if you get the wall adapter. You can see the arduino above the two lit panels just so I could show it, but it folds back behind the leds for installation. Everything fits nicely in the panel. A lot of time has been spent spacing and creating the additional 7 led strip to align properly in your volvo panel. New kits now ship with dummy resistors, ICs and capacitor installed as shown below

V3kitcapadded.jpg

Here's a video of the kit installed and in action!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJ-fq1DIW8]YouTube - ‪updated hic lighting kit from modeljag‬‏[/ame]

Note an extra power switch is shown (not included, but a good idea if using the 9V battery adapter)

Pricing for the newest kits with the lighted sequenced segments, 7 leds, green screen, and dummy electronics are $179 with a wall adapter or $174 with a battery adapter. This includes shipping within the U.S., please add $15 for international shipping.

Here is a screenshot showing how the screen pattern I made is a perfect match to the one used in RotJ (outer edges are wider to allow room for installation, dimensions match screenshot when installed)

sarah-heropanel2jpg.jpg

And here's a screenshot from ESB of Lando checking Han's vitals to show how everything will be placed in the panel.

ESBaddonlights.jpg

And some pictures of the kit installed after painting the backing perfboards (with slightly different dummy resistor placement)

43563945-67ca-0c17.jpg

a689897d-dd34-bad7.jpg

The flash sequences are very accurate to the movies. I spent hours analyzing the movies frame by frame, taking screenshots, and matching each individual segment, 13 segments total across the 4 displays. The kits now have two flash sequences, stasis (regular) sequence that was in my first kits, and now the unfreeze (fast) sequence added, as well as an off selection on the knob! I have ground a flat on the shaft of the switch so the knob tightens securely to it via the hidden set screw or you can use your own knob. I didn't want to shorten the shaft though since people with different versions of the volvo panel may need slightly different length knobs to be perfect. It is easily cut with a hacksaw or rotary tool to the exact length you need.

The video below shows the main panels of the kit in action before installation in the panel.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WePsHmu3nFo"]YouTube - Han in Carbonite Hero Panel Electronics[/ame]

Video info: Shown is a frame-by-frame match of the flash sequence from ESB (from a 90 frame sequence) when the panel is clearly displayed in the film. The green LED represents the green screen panel. The fast flash sequence (copied from ~70 frames) is from ROTJ when Han is being unfrozen.

SOLD OUT

I will be making some more eventually. PM me if you want to be put on the waiting list to be one of the first to get in on the next batch.

Back