Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine a month ago and was impressed. The head sculpts are great. The paint job makes them look like they are holding their breath or constipated but the overall likeness is there. I especially like the Luke sculpt. Spot on man!

The Han sculpt could use a little tweaking. Especially around the upper lip. He looks almost like a chimpanzee. Maybe it's mine but the prototype pics for the head sculpt did not look like this. I went ahead and swapped the head for a medicom cause I like the likeness and scale better. I also tightened up the chest armor a bit by using a heat gut and bending the armor around tighter to the waist. I pulled the straps off the top, cut the rubber pegs that hold it in place, and reglued them to the armor after bending the top in the from and back plates down a bit so it would ride closer to the neck. Once I did that the front and back pieces butted together and the straps were glued back on. I think it turned out well.

The only other thing I want to do is mold a marmot helmet and cod piece to change those out so I can have a removable helmet instead of just a prop for his hand.

I was a little dissapointes in sideshow for not giving Luke a height difference to Han. I had to take Luke competely apart and shorten the legs and remove the small midsection so his torso would show the height difference in the armor like in the movie. It's still a work in progress. I used the medicom stormtrooper midsection and thighs for this shot. I still need to tighten his armor.

e46dbbb5.jpg

c8a00851.jpg

9947eff5.jpg

6f13fa5f.jpg

ffc6be28.jpg

e74e3fb4.jpg

https://s1212.photobucket.com/album...ARS FIGURES/?action=view&current=c8a00851.jpg

Just won a set of these off eBay... only paid about $10 over retail so I can't complain too much. Hopefully I'll have them by next week :rock

Got 'em in today. Have to say these are much nicer than I thought... I had a lot of fears over bad paint, messed up armor, etc. But the set looks great in person.

I had a spare Stormtrooper body, so I chopped about a 1/2" out of the thighs to give Luke a more accurate stature. And gave them a crotch grabber arm so it wouldn't interfere as much with the armor.

eex.jpg

eey.jpg

eez.jpg

ffa-1.jpg

ffb-1.jpg

Really love how detailed the inside of the helmets are... bit of a bummer they can't wear them, but worth the trade-off imo.​

ffc-1.jpg

Just a hint. Don't leave them in the holding the helmet position too long. I did that and now there is a thumb print smear on the helmet where the thumb was.

Thanks for the tip!

I noticed that already happening :lol May stick a bit of cellophane in between the helmet and hand.

Just a hint. Don't leave them in the holding the helmet position too long. I did that and now there is a thumb print smear on the helmet where the thumb was.

I checked mine and yep, the paint was stuck to the thumb. I'll have to put something there if I want to put the helmet back in the hand.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Anybody want a Han stormtrooper head or reveal helmet? I like them but I'd rather put the Marmit helmet on and keep my medicom head.

I'll probably be selling the Luke head soon since I'll be getting the dreaded Enterbay UU Luke soon.

Back