Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They shouldn't have posted a pic at all. I can't beleive so many are jumping on the NEW sculpts for exclusive figures on a tiny pic.

You can't believe it? This kind of reaction has been standard protocol for all new SW releases since the dawn of time. People have just been spoiled. I think both sculpts look 100%.

This was my first impression last night:

Luke_Han_drz.jpg

:D

But it's really too small of a thumbnail to tell. Han looks awesome, and I'm sure Luke will be fine.

With a little customization, I think the 'smirking Han' sculpt will make for a GREAT upgrade to the Bespin Han figure! :rock

Luke_Han.jpg

Bingo!

...As for scene specific expressions - I don't mind that at all, especially when the costumes are scene specific too.

Luke seems to be saying "Hi, I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you." and Han just shot the communicator.

Bingo, again!

You can't believe it? This kind of reaction has been standard protocol for all new SW releases since the dawn of time. People have just been spoiled. I think both sculpts look 100%.

I agree on both counts. SW whining is far from new. And I like the sculpts from what I can see. The fact that they're actual expressions makes it more exciting for me.

Wow,
these actually look great!
I'm loving both expressions!!
I hope they come with helmets, I'd like to use these heads to upgrade my ANH Luke and Han, and have additional stormies!!

whining is now in every forum, its no longer "SW whining".

Anyway, I personally love the sculpts and glad to see some personality and expression in them. Most of ANH Luke had those type of faces.

These might be my favorite of the line. Glad I cancelled the normal stormy, because these 2 will be enough storm trooper goodness for me. Still debating whether to get the sandtrooper or not.

Wow,
these actually look great!
I'm loving both expressions!!
I hope they come with helmets, I'd like to use these heads to upgrade my ANH Luke and Han, and have additional stormies!!

:lecture Me too. Thats almost all the buying potential for me.

I like them! The Han looks very interesting. The Luke less so but definitely better than Yavin and maybe even Farmboy Luke.

Wow new sculpts with expressions and they look great (at least the little bit we get to see of them)! It also appears from all the teases that Luke will be a little short! Can't wait to see the rest of the accessories. BTW, that Han sculpt makes a great "I bet you have!" *shoots FIRST* upgrade to the smuggler version (on a Soldier Story body of course). Love the "I'm Luke Skywalker I'm here to rescue you," expression on Luke's sculpt as well.

They shouldn't have posted a pic at all. I can't beleive so many are jumping on the NEW sculpts for exclusive figures on a tiny pic.

As for scene specific expressions - I don't mind that at all, especially when the costumes are scene specific too.

Luke seems to be saying "Hi, I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you." and Han just shot the communicator.

everything he said! ^

I think these look brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!!

So I guess this will mean the armor body will now have its 2nd version for shorter characters. At least from the thumbnail it looks like they are making Luke shorter.

As for scene specific expressions - I don't mind that at all, especially when the costumes are scene specific too.

:lecture Agreed. And I don't get the hullabaloo, either. I think these will turn out to be very cool. The only thing I'm remotely concerned with is the production paint apps.

I like said before I love the expression on Han, its what should have been included on the Smuggler figure but the angle on Luke at this point makes him look like a POTA reject. Most likely its just bad angles and the figure will look fine but its funny to bust the balls of the SW fans who run around screaming "Why the hate?" "Why the drama?!" Its also fun to see the SW fans rip something else to shreds that a lot of them will order anyway. :lol

I am not concerned at all about the paint. These will be HT style like Clonobi (minus the crappy doll dot).

Back