Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

The reason I don't think they'll be more even with the two heads is because both heads are recycled so no extra costs went into the sculpting etc. So in that was I guess I do think they'll discount them a little.

The Luke or Han focus is a good point, and I well could be wrong, but I really anticipate them being a two pack. I guess we'll know on Thursday.

iindeed. TBH I hope I'm wrong, i'd much rather have a two-pack.
I also am hoping for transparent resin neckless heads, so i can get extras and further improve my luke and han ANH figures.

I don't think this Luke or Han focus business is going to affect their decision about whether to make it a two-pack. Are there really that many people who want only one and not the other? There might be a few, but there's nothing to stop them from buying the two-pack and selling the other like people did with Palpatine. That's not to say that they might not make them separate, but it would be more because a two-pack that's nearly $200 is a lot for people to swallow.

As for the price, I really think people are overthinking it. They're going to set the price based on how much they think people will pay, not based on how much it costs them to make the item.

LOL! i work for retail (office) & guess what thats generally how the price is worked out, they walk the office with the new product & ask staff "What would you EXPECT to pay for this?" form that they get a pricing ball park of how much people will pay. Silly but true! of course other factors are there to, but that is certainly one of them.

Maybe in a small retail chain or something but I doubt a business like Sideshow does that.

Got your second wind, huh? :lol

I'm thinking 180 for attendees and 190 for non attendees.

Just re-adding it. :lol

The reason I think its a two pack is these two in this situation are really tied together. I think they're likely to sell more as a two pack than individual.

:lol Watch it be one figure with three heads (Han, Luke and Stormtrooper Helmet) with a limit of 2 for ordering.

I'm staring to wonder if the helmets will be included. If they are sold as individual figures it might hurt the sales of the regular Stormtrooper figures. That is if they are the same price as the Stormies.

I hope they come with helmets because my Luke and Han heads are going to be going on a PRO and a TT respectively as they strip the buck versions of their clothes. :naughty

I think the helmets will be more like accessories and not able to attach to the body. That's a total guess with nothing to back it up.

I think the helmets will be more like accessories and not able to attach to the body. That's a total guess with nothing to back it up.

Accessories? I guess that would be OK. I would still like the option of put the helmets on them. Or switched out the sculpt for the helmet, like the Leia Boushh. That way if I get tired of Han and Luke,:bananaBAM:chew, I got two more Stormies hanging with Praji.

Even if they'd fit, which they wouldn't, SS isn't going to retool the helmets to fit over heads. So that's out.

So the question is, if they do include helmets, will they use a new neck adapter that fits the current Luke/Han necks but doesn't fit the ST helm, or will they retool both heads ala Cloneobi to be neckless and fit the current ST neck that the helm fits? I'm putting my money on the later.

My thoughts? We'll get a Luke Head and a Han Head done like Clonobi to fit the Stormtrooper adapter.

In addition to rifle, grappling hook, and shortened Luke bod, I'd like to see some fixes to the helm's eye paint, the hands cast in black instead of painted and the armor a bit shinier. Though, I can see some wanting them to match the already released ST's.

I'm confused. Your last 2 posts seem to contradict each other, Josh. Helmets as functioning or non-functioning accessories?

If I'm not mistaken I think Josh agree with me in saying that they'll retool the heads to follow the Clonobi way to adapt to the Stormtrooper adapter that already exists and that they'll include the Stormtrooper helmet so you could interchange the heads.

Ah, post #212 makes it seem he also agrees with agent0028 that the helmets will not be able to attach to the necks. Care to clarify, Josh?

Back