Halo: ODST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
This releases 11/17/09. I know it's way out but figured I would start it's official thread now. Who plans on picking this up? So far from what I have seen and read I will be picking it up. Hopefully the campaign is longer than the 6 hour Halo 3 campaign.

Re: Halo 3: Recon

This releases 11/17/09. I know it's way out but figured I would start it's official thread now. Who plans on picking this up? So far from what I have seen and read I will be picking it up. Hopefully the campaign is longer than the 6 hour Halo 3 campaign.

Should have played though on hard first. Took me way longer than 6 hours.

I will definitely be getting it but the fact that its just under a year from now is a bit disappointing. Its interesting though that it'll be a store bought game when rumors were flying it'd be DLC to expand onto the Halo 3 disc. I just completed all of the skulls and completed on Legendary a couple of weeks ago so by the time I complete all of the achievements and get my ranking up proper it'll be about time to start this. :lol

I will definitely be getting it but the fact that its just under a year from now is a bit disappointing. Its interesting though that it'll be a store bought game when rumors were flying it'd be DLC to expand onto the Halo 3 disc. I just completed all of the skulls and completed on Legendary a couple of weeks ago so by the time I complete all of the achievements and get my ranking up proper it'll be about time to start this. :lol

yup. and you get "Recon" and new Halo MP maps on the disc. i think the name should just be: Halo: Recon. simple, gets the point across, and doesn't rip off the Master Chief.
~~Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity will be doing the voiceover for the main character too. this game looks sweet.

Halo 3: Ghost Recon

ghost.jpg

yup. and you get "Recon" and new Halo MP maps on the disc. i think the name should just be: Halo: Recon. simple, gets the point across, and doesn't rip off the Master Chief.
~~Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity will be doing the voiceover for the main character too. this game looks sweet.

:horror:horror

MUST BUY!

Looks like their will be plenty of maps to go around.

ODST Will Include All Halo 3 Maps
Written Saturday, February 07, 2009 by Jeff Lao

The guys over at Bungie have cleared up the wandering question in regards to Halo 3's Multiplayer content that will be shipped with Halo: ODST.

"Just some minor housekeeping this week. We wanted to address an oft-asked, but pertinent question about the Halo 3 Multiplayer content that will ship with Halo 3: ODST this Fall. All twenty-four Halo 3 Multiplayer maps will be in the box. All shipping maps: The Heroic Map Pack, The Legendary Map Pack, Cold Storage, The Mythic Map Pack, and three brand new exclusive maps are included."

All 24 maps are included, so get ready for the action come this Fall.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2196-ODST-Will-Include-All-Halo-3-Maps.html

notice the machine gun has a silencer now?

halo-3-odst-20081227114014472.jpg

Has anyone read anything about the gameplay? Is it still 1st person? What about stealth, will you be able to crouch or take cover? I am just asking because if this is supposed to be recon, then a cover system is a must in my opinion. Without it, it is just master chief running around with a silencer. So is this like Splinter Cell meets Halo 3 or Halo 3 muted?

dont know yet, maybe they've said it somewhere. it would make sense to have a cover system, hopefully like Rainbow Six Vegas'. i really don't like how Killzone2 has their cover system so i hope its not that.

Back