Halo Legends on BR Feb. 9, 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the babysitter was awesome. the sniper shot was cool. the scene where the spartan gets hit with the brute's hammer was pretty fierce. i was wishing that this episode was 2 hours long.

i felt the opposite re: origins. we already got the chief's origin in the fall or reach by nylund (granted it's a book but still). i'm glad they went a different route and showed the forerunners, etc. that being said, if i hadn't read the books, etc. already i would have wanted it to be the chief's origin.

The Brute caught me by surprise. I figured it was some indigenous creature coming after them.

I haven't read the books, so I'd fall into that category you described.

The Brute caught me by surprise. I figured it was some indigenous creature coming after them.

at first i thought it was something else as well. but if you notice the screen during that fps shot is blurred red a the corner. meaning it was the brute since he had gotten a bloody eye during the fight with the spartan earlier at the waterfall.

the books are pretty good...some better than others obviously. the new collection of short stories, evolutions, is awesome as well.

hopefully if legends does really well we will see another dvd of animated shorts or maybe even an animated movie.

i also thought the part in 'the package' was cool where you see from the spartans pov and it looks just like an in-game shot.

I gotta say I liked them all about the same, but I thought they were all great. Well, aside from some of they annoying things you get from any anime.

BluRay was the one I kept and watched. Ma picked up the 2disk Steele Book DVD for me, gonna keep this to watch in the other room.

just finished watching the basic DVD on my computer... honestly quite disappointed. Kinda put me to :sleep
Clips were not of the caliber I expected. Everything reminded me of cheap current TV kids cartoons: reused backgrounds, often uninteresting or undeveloped stories, horrible dialogue, and my most hated of all the constant mixing of CGI and traditional style animation during scenes. Battles with over-the-top space motorcycles or indestructible power suits were just not for me... felt like the horrible love child of Star wars episodes 1-3, fast and the furious, and the animatrix :lol
I feel like, had I read the books maybe I would have understood more... but this is not a movie I would watch with anyone who didn't know anything about the Halo universe... and one watch was enough for me. Anybody want a like-new used copy? :duh

Last edited:
I've recently watched this, and I quite liked it. I do not avidly play video games, however I was intrigued by Halo and looked into its backstory, plus I do like some of the character designs. Origins I&II are amazing to me, I liked the animation style, the score, and the voice actress playing Cortana does a fantastic job narrating (I've heard mention she is not the same from the game). The Babysitter was my second favorite, there's a reveal I wasn't expecting in its climax.

Back