Halo Legends on BR Feb. 9, 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think Ill return the DVD tuesday to TRU, and pick up the BluRay at Target for !9.99. Glad I held off on buying it.

Actually what has more content, the BluRay or Deluxe DVD?

Just watched all 8 stories.

Awsome.

The 2 part Origins was great. cool to see how evrything started.
I was pumped when I heard the Original score from the Halo soundtrack.

from all 8 stories my fav are:

Origins part 1 & 2

The babysitter and the Final one " THE PACKEDGE "
It felt like you where playing the game and the CG was amazing.
Master chief kicks ass in that last episode.

the only downfall of these Blu Ray is They need more Master Chief, Other then that Its a must have for HALO fans.

The Blu Ray looks superb on 1080p

picking this up today on my lunch break. can't wait to watch it tonight.

Last edited:
Gonna stop by blockbuster and rent it. Anyone notice how a majority of DVDs being released are very skimpy with the special features nowadays??? I know companies are pushing for the Blu Ray sales, but its really crap to let DVDs go without anything extra.

This was pretty good. About half of the shorts were awesome, and then the other half were okay. 'The Duel' and 'Homecoming' were my favorites. Homecoming was kinda sad.

Man, I really love these anime compilations of western properties. I don't know if I liked Halo Legends as much as The Animatrix or Batman: Gotham Knight, but it was still very watchable.

watched it once so far and overall i thought it was pretty good. definitely would like to see more anime shorts set in the halo-verse. i really liked the duel, homecoming, the babysitter and the package. the documentaries on the 'makin of' disk are pretty in depth. looking foward to watching it again this weekend with the commentary.

Last edited:
Watching them in random order now.

The Package - awesome CGI animation, really shows how much the Spartans and Master Chief kick ass...my favorite thus far

The Duel - interesting origin story of the first Arbiter but the animation style was too abstract and Han (the wife) was beyond annoying

Prototype - Iron Man on steroids!!! Great action and story.

Starting Homecoming now and will probably watch Origins (Part I and II) before stopping for the night.

UPDATE:

Watched Homecoming. It wasn't great but not awful. The way the creators of the Spartan-II program concealed the "recruitment" of the subjects was very harsh and disturbing though. Ended up saving Origins for tomorrow and watched Odd One Out. It definitely describes the episode. It was more of a comedic entry that felt more like Pokemon or Dragonball-Z. My least favorite of them all thus far.

I'm guessing The Babysitter is the one with the ODSTs, so I'll watch that and Origins tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it and thought it was worth the purchase. Favorite stories was:

The Package - Animation was great, as well as the action
The Babysitter - Great seeing some ODST in action
Odd One Out - Reminded me of Ultimate Muscle

Gonna watch again tomorrow with commentary then the rest of the features after work. Ended up returning the basic DVD to TRU (16.99) and got the BluRay at Target for (19.99)

Just finished up the episodes.

The Babysitter - Expected a little more ODST action, but the infiltration segments were awesome. And that sniper shot...EPIC!!!

Origins - Probably the biggest disappointment on the disc. Reading the back of the case, I had expected Master Chief's origins...not the history of the Halo universe. And the absence of Cortana's original voice actress was noticeable.

The Babysitter - Expected a little more ODST action, but the infiltration segments were awesome. And that sniper shot...EPIC!!!

Origins - Probably the biggest disappointment on the disc. Reading the back of the case, I had expected Master Chief's origins...not the history of the Halo universe. And the absence of Cortana's original voice actress was noticeable.

its a weird thing, you get so used to hearing a certain voice come out of a character, and then you hear someone else speaking for them. Kinda threw me off at first when I first heard MC. Kinda like if they had another MGS game and had someone else do Snake's voice.

OK...admittedly I'm rusty on my Halo mythology, so stupid question...

Who is Dr. Catherine Halsey? Why was she such a vital "package"? And it really played out like she was the foundation for Cortana (similar dialogue, the costume, etc.).

OK...admittedly I'm rusty on my Halo mythology, so stupid question...

Who is Dr. Catherine Halsey? Why was she such a vital "package"? And it really played out like she was the foundation for Cortana (similar dialogue, the costume, etc.).

She was one of the Spartan II project leaders as well as the basis for Cortana. I believe she was thought of as a mother like figure by the Spartans.

She was one of the Spartan II project leaders as well as the basis for Cortana. I believe she was thought of as a mother like figure by the Spartans.

That's what I thought. Just needed confirmation. Thanks!

The name sounded very familiar too, but I couldn't remember where I'd heard it in the game. Makes sense why the UNSC didn't want the Covenant to have her as a prisoner. Covenant Spartans...whoa...

the babysitter was awesome. the sniper shot was cool. the scene where the spartan gets hit with the brute's hammer was pretty fierce. i was wishing that this episode was 2 hours long.

i felt the opposite re: origins. we already got the chief's origin in the fall or reach by nylund (granted it's a book but still). i'm glad they went a different route and showed the forerunners, etc. that being said, if i hadn't read the books, etc. already i would have wanted it to be the chief's origin.

That's what I thought. Just needed confirmation. Thanks!

The name sounded very familiar too, but I couldn't remember where I'd heard it in the game. Makes sense why the UNSC didn't want the Covenant to have her as a prisoner. Covenant Spartans...whoa...

No problem. I think P!tu should chime in here with the full answer. He's the Halo-prophet methinks.

Back