Halo 3 beta.....May 16th!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Just announced :chew :chew :chew ( check out the shield granade, Trip mines and Slow Mo replays in the vid)

vid = https://download.microsoft.com/down...b8eb-1cdc2f3cb038/H3_vidoc_3_MP_bnet_360p.mov

https://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=MPBetaAndVidocRelease

The Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta will go live on May 16th at 12:00 AM PDT and run through June 6 th at 11:59 PM PDT. That means that folks who purchased specially marked copies of Crackdown, or won a spot in the Beta through the “Rule of Three” or other regional promotions, will be able to log into their Xbox Live Gold accounts, download and play the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta and enjoy an early peek at the multiplayer aspect of the game.

If you’ve been sitting on the fence, and are interested, you can still enter the Beta by picking up a specially marked copy of Crackdown, which would ordinarily be a chore, but thankfully Crackdown is an awesome action game which might ironically distract you from the Beta I’m pimping here. Bungie is also giving out a few Friends and Family spots to valued community members, but those are few and far between, so it’s safer to assume you’re not getting in that way.

Now, I will say this again and again – the game you’re going to play one month from now, is Beta software – and while it will look somewhat close to the final game, it IS Beta – and will contain quirks, a couple of roughedges and all that jazz. But we’re pretty confident you’ll find it a dynamic and exciting taste of what’s to come in Fall.

The Beta itself consists of three maps – Valhalla, High Ground and Snowbound – graphically improved since our first MP screenshots – and all three will be playable in Matchmaking only (that is after all, what we’re Beta testing here). All three maps are suitable for a wide variety of gameplay types, and you will have the chance to try all manner of game types, familiar and new.

There are a number of new features you’ll get to test out – including a new grenade type, a completely different class of weapon and some of the enhanced online functionality we plan to bring to the game – but it should be noted, a lot of secret features are hidden in this Beta. We’re keeping a lot of our powder dry for Fall. In May, when your firing the Spiker, sniping vehicles with the Spartan Laser and sticking fools with the Brute Spike grenade, remember that it’s just a peek-a-boo fraction of what’s to come.

And do me a special personal favor – walk down to the beach, the river or the lake in High Ground and Valhalla, and take a look at the water.

There will also be new guns, vehicles and gameplay features to try – including the mysterious “X-Button” functionality. But you don’t have to wait to find out what that is, since you can now view part of its functionality in our latest Vidoc, “Is Quisnam Protero Damno!” a long look at the making of Halo 3’s Multiplayer game.

Here you’ll meet the Multiplayer team and watch a level get built from concept to completion. You’ll see the care and attention that goes into every aspect, and yes, you’ll see a level or two that nobody has ever seen before.

There are a lot of questions raised in this Vidoc, and we’ll be answering them in the next couple of weeks, so keep checking back for more updates. You’re probably not even reading this huh? You’re watching the Vidoc. I give up.

NOTE: All of the game footage in this doc was taken during the Alpha stage and isn’t even representative of what you’ll see in the Public Beta, let alone the final game. You will see frame rate skips, unfinished animation and graphical features that will change come Fall. All the footage is clearly marked Alpha. You’re looking at the features here folks, not the final quality bar – which we’ve set pretty high. Your next taste of that will be in May.

And there’s a ton of stuff in the Vidoc you simply haven’t seen before (including the X-Button) – and it’s well worth the download. Now, there’s nothing like seeing it in 720p in Dolby Digital, so remember this Vidoc is also available today on Xbox Live Marketplace, where big screen TVs can do it more justice than your PC.

Last edited:
Not to toot my own horn, but I am great at multiplayer Halo! So much so I been invited to so many clans I have lost count. I even had others suggest I should play professionally (like I knew a thing even existed) and that is with a keyboard and mouse. It's strange, cause I was never a fan of playing games with a keyboard and mouse. So the fact that I got good at using that format really surprises me or the fact I am even great at a video game... period! So many wasted hours! Halo is pretty much the first game that ever took off with me, and has been pretty much the only game I play on a consistent basis for the past few years that I have had it. I own it for the computer.

Okay enough of patting myself on the back... this is the only gaming series I am excited about. I am not even a gamer, but I love this game so much so, depending on how well the PF turns out of the MasterCheif I may drop a big bill on it and any other high-end collectible coming out from the license!

If Halo 3 is anything like the original, but with vastly improved graphics.. game play is good enough as is. I heard Halo 2 is nothing compared to the original. I haven't really played it, but is this true?

Oh happy day, I can't wait to try out this beta addition. It maybe the selling point of me picking up a 360!

^PC version right?

Remember, Keyboard and mouse has been proven more accurate than using a game controller. Which is why if I get an Xbox 360 I'm going to find a solution for it.

But hey, Halo 2 for PC comes out next month as well, so we won't be completely in the dark. However, it's a Vista exclusive, so you have to have Vista installed somehow to play it.

I'm seriously going to try and get an Xbox 360 as soon as I can, there's no reason not to. Force Unleashed, Halo 3, Mass Effect, just to name a few...

darthviper107 said:
^PC version right?

Remember, Keyboard and mouse has been proven more accurate than using a game controller. Which is why if I get an Xbox 360 I'm going to find a solution for it.

But hey, Halo 2 for PC comes out next month as well, so we won't be completely in the dark. However, it's a Vista exclusive, so you have to have Vista installed somehow to play it.

I'm seriously going to try and get an Xbox 360 as soon as I can, there's no reason not to. Force Unleashed, Halo 3, Mass Effect, just to name a few...

Yes, PC/Mac version, that allows both platform users to play in multiplayer environments with eachother. I would never use a controller now that I have learned the insides and outs of all the key commands... plus my Logitech laser wireless mouse kicks ass! Love the resolution and ergonomic feel of it.

jlcmsu said:
Sweet!! Crackdown as a cool game but I bought it mostly for Halo 3.

Same here, one of only reasons I got Crackdown as well. I like the game, but I wanted Halo 3 Beta more.

My Wife got me a 360 for my wedding gift and I am glad to finally have a reason to be excited about Halo 3.... :lol

Now I just need to get Live.... :D

See I never should have looked at the vidz...oh man this is rough :lol

Long story, err short I have been holding off upgrading to 360 b/c I knew the Elite was on the way. And H2 suited me just fine. I even bought Crackdown on the first day it came out so I would be ready for this wonderful time.

But sadly some other things are pulling my funds into other places and now I will not join the throng to grab a new 360 on Sunday. And I have a brand new copy of Crackdown thats teh reciet is to old to return with :rolleyes: Dats the breaks

Hope everyone has an awsome time ~ pleazzzze keep all of us 360 deprived up to date. Damnit I want to live thru you, like some crazy pagent Mom! :ccheerlea

<And if anyone still needs Crackdown or is on the fence, please make me a sweet deal I would love to hook someone up and not have the invite wasted >

DarkArtist81 said:
My Wife got me a 360 for my wedding gift and I am glad to finally have a reason to be excited about Halo 3.... :lol

Now I just need to get Live.... :D

Cool!! Yes, you need to get live that way we(freaks) can all get together and play some Halo, GOW, etc.

jlcmsu said:
Cool!! Yes, you need to get live that way we(freaks) can all get together and play some Halo, GOW, etc.

Hell yeah! That's exactly why I need to do it... Just to get online with you guys and cause some havok in Halo, GOW or Call of Duty....:rock

DarkArtist81 said:
Hell yeah! That's exactly why I need to do it... Just to get online with you guys and cause some havok in Halo, GOW or Call of Duty....:rock

That's what I'm talking about. :rock

DarkArtist81 said:

Well, you shall all see that I will trash you all like little girls in Halo.

Back