Halloween III: Season of the Witch is the bestest horror movie EVER made!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rorywan

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just saying.
It's time to dust off that old VHS, or DVD (if you downloaded it illegally, do whatever makes you feel nostalgic about your file)..
Make a small unimpressive alter to the most underrated cult classic of all time..

:lol

Last edited:
I don't like it very much, but it is one of the more memorable horror movies to me for being so freaky and odd for a film in this franchise. If I watch a horror movie tonight, it's probably gonna be Texas Chainsaw 2--my choice for the most underrated masterpiece of '80s horror.

I actually just watched this for the first time earlier this month and i really really liked it. I always skipped it because it wasn't part of the normal cannon. I wish i watched it much sooner.

Just bought the Shout Factory blu ray on Ebay yesterday. Unfortunately, won't be here in time for Halloween, but always good to upgrade a DVD. It is such a strange movie and a strange move to redirect a franchise and attempt something new. I've got to give them credit for that, even if the results weren't what they were hoping for. Try something new instead of just having Michael Myers running around killing dumbasses. I remember everyone said it was terrible when I was a kid and it was in theaters, but it wasn't that bad, just not that great either. Still worth a watch though, and the time is right!

Keep up the love!

The thing about this movie that i deeply adore is it's originality. It's mix of extreme unpleasant gore with incredibly cheesy imagery.
I really do think it's a classic.

Last edited:
It was a bit tricky to find a video of that without seizure inducing strobe effects, lol. I know what's going to be stuck in everyone's head the rest of the day. :wink1:

By the way,
If you do get a chance, check it out in widescreen HD. It looks amazing. Fantastic cinematography and visuals.

Looking forward to getting that Blu-ray and learning more about the movie too. The DVD I have doesn't have any extras to speak of. Just a trailer.

Looking forward to getting that Blu-ray and learning more about the movie too. The DVD I have doesn't have any extras to speak of. Just a trailer.

The Blu looks absolutely amazing. Dean Cudney the cinematographer shoot the whole thing in cinemascope, you are in for a treat.

The Blu looks absolutely amazing. Dean Cudney the cinematographer shoot the whole thing in cinemascope, you are in for a treat.

I always wondered why he stopped working with John Carpenter. I'm guessing Zemeckis, Spielberg, et al. just had a lot more money and his price got too high, expecially after Carpenter started doing more low budget work in the back end of the 80s. Shame really, as his best movies are the one Cundey was behind the lens for.

Hell yeah! Lots of love right here for Season of the Witch. :yess:

Most people have a problem with the movie not having Michael Myers in it, but it's not their fault. Part 1 has him. Part 2 has him and actually picked up where the first left off, so naturally you're expecting the third installment to do the same.

Most don't realize that the 'Halloween' franchise was suppose to be a series of horror vignettes. A different story/plot/character for each successive release. However, the fans wanted and expected to see Michael again. And so after Part 3(SOTW) the writers brought our favorite boogey man back story be damned. I personally think Halloween 4, 5, and 6 are worse in every way compared to 3.

It was a blast!!! To be honest, H3 was fun to crack jokes about... We also watched H1 and 2. :)

There you go. You loved Halloween III. But you drank too many bottles of beer watching the first two and couldn't hold it together for Season of The Witch.
Lightweights. :lol

Although I liked the concept of trying to make the "Halloween" films an anthology of stand-alone horror stories, Halloween III is basically a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits story stretched out to a boring and forgettable full length movie that didn't age well at all compared to many of the other horror films from the same era.

Props needs to be given for trying to do something different though, that's for sure.

Back