Halcyon Queen Fixer-upper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfaz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no post for me. I recently acquired a vinyl Halcyon queen that had been glued together, but not painted, then tore apart. So far all I've done her head, but you can get an idea of what it'll look like. :)

The parts:

P9030026.JPG

The base coat (metallic black):

queen_base.JPG

Final coat:

queen_clear_side.JPG

queen_clear_grill.JPG

That is GREAT! So far...
More! more!
I had that a looooong time ago...
You have done a master's work seaming that head!
Beautiful so far!

Cheers Les, really appreciate the compliment :)

I just looked at yours on your site, and once again, seems we're on the same wavelength :lol

Hey yeah! I am into ALIENS right now since I am getting some of the HT marines and all...so yeah, it will be fun to see you work this one up!
I am hoping to repaint a MacFarlane 12" Alien into an ALIENS version to go with them sometime soon, so that color scheme is all in my head now.

I'll be watching! :lol

Keep us posted fella!

Hey, I am not sure if I can find them, but I've seen pics of her in detail, and do know that underneath her head mantle the ribbing was very highlighted, a light tans on the ribbing and all. She veries from the blacks and blues you've done to all those tans on her boney bits and all. In well lit shots that is. Half the time, in the movie, she looked almost brown.
Just don't forget under the mantle!

Can't wait to see her all done up and in her regal finest!:D

Thanks Les, there's a very good "making of" on disc 2 of the Alien quad that shows many great shots. I tried to come as close as I could to those clips.

I should be done tonight. Had an issue painting the rubber tail, but I think I've got it sorted.

Ok folks I have finally finished her Highness!

1st, reference pics of the 14' queen in the film (in case you wonder where I got some of the colors):

And my pics:

P9270007.JPG

P9270013.JPG

Cheers Les! Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the results. Of course, she looks better in person as you can see the depth and colors better.

Here are some "mood" shots:

P9280006.JPG

P9280013.JPG

:chew That looks awesome. Great painting skills. One thing I would like to add would be more shine. In the first final pic, she looks shiny but in the second final pic, she looks kinda Matted. Don't know if it is the lighting. Otherwise, she turned out really well. Great job.:chew

Thanks Toe! The low light levels tend to reduce the shine effect. The earlier pics of the finished head is more what she looks like. Actually has a nice deep gloss coat on her. :)

P9280010.JPG

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Love the darker shots... seems to fit the mood of the figure better. Excellent work!!!

Back