Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright so what's the latest?? Anybody go shooting or pick up a new toy lately?? I was planning on going out shooting last weekend, but it freaking rained again.

~~I did install a new buttstock and extended rail on my Scar 17 this weekend. Much better looking....now if my stamp would get back I can totally rock it out with a suppressor.
Very cool. What stock and extended rail did you go with? Got any pics?

I've been thinking of using a Vltor stock adapter so that I could try on the various Magpul stocks I already have.

I almost got an SRX rail extension by PWS last year, but saved that money for optics on my M4. :D

I went with the first Midwest Industries rail. It's heavy as hell. Depending on how often I take the 17 out and about I might end up going with the VLTOR rail extension just to trim a little weight off the sucker. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend when I hit the range.

I went with the first Midwest Industries rail. It's heavy as hell. Depending on how often I take the 17 out and about I might end up going with the VLTOR rail extension just to trim a little weight off the sucker. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend when I hit the range.
That's the rail extension I've been trying to get from a buddy of mine. I've been trying to convince him that he doesn't need it. :D
And yes, it's absolute light weight because it simply bolts on where the stock picatinny rails were.

Damn, a Scar, that's pretty badass.

I ordered my first gun yesterday, a Smith & Wesson .357 4inch barrel :)
I'm really excited to get this.

Ends 8/31

Add regularly priced, in-stock products without quantity limits to your cart totaling:
$10 off $100 - Promo Code BowHunt10
$20 off $200 - Promo Code BowHunt20
$30 off $300 - Promo Code BowHunt30

Just sold my Glock 23. Gave it a couple chances but never did develop a feel for it. Maybe I'll try a 19 next time I come across a deal.

i think you'll like the 19 better. i shot a friend's beretta 96 in .40 yesterday. recoil wasn't too bad but it kept slapping my finger which was quite annoying. however, my s&w 610 revolver handles it easy.

FNH USA is offering a $50 rebate on select handguns from August 30-September 6, 2013.
www.fnhusa.com/fnsdeal

Very cool.
Here's a few more details:

(McLean, VA – August 19, 2013) FNH USA, LLC wants its consumers to celebrate this year’s Labor Day the FN way, with a “Distinctively American Offer” of a $50 cash rebate for the qualified purchase of either an FN FNS™-9 or FN FNS™-40 striker-fired pistol. The consumer rebate program will begin at midnight Eastern Time on August 30, 2013 and continue through midnight Eastern Time September 6, 2013.

Does anyone here recommend the FNS?
I need to hold one (and shoot) before I pass judgement on it. I need to check out the LGS and ranges.

Just sold my Glock 23. Gave it a couple chances but never did develop a feel for it. Maybe I'll try a 19 next time I come across a deal.

Wow...we all have our preferences. That was the first pistol I bought. It's still my main go to piece. Got it on me right now.

What about it didn't work for you out of curiosity.

Wow...we all have our preferences. That was the first pistol I bought. It's still my main go to piece. Got it on me right now.

What about it didn't work for you out of curiosity.

I love the size of it but it felt "snappy" to me. I had a tough time keeping quick follow up shots from rising. Even hit the clip a few times at the range when I would fire quickly.

I bought a conversion barrel for it to run 9 thru it but never tried it. Found someone on a local trader site looking for a FDE Glock so I just got rid of the gun. Guess I'll throw the conversion barrel on eBay.

Very cool.
Here's a few more details:

(McLean, VA – August 19, 2013) FNH USA, LLC wants its consumers to celebrate this year’s Labor Day the FN way, with a “Distinctively American Offer” of a $50 cash rebate for the qualified purchase of either an FN FNS™-9 or FN FNS™-40 striker-fired pistol. The consumer rebate program will begin at midnight Eastern Time on August 30, 2013 and continue through midnight Eastern Time September 6, 2013.

Does anyone here recommend the FNS?
I need to hold one (and shoot) before I pass judgement on it. I need to check out the LGS and ranges.

I own and carry the FNX 9 which is the same gun only hammer fired. I love it. It's great out of the box and I imagine the FNS is no different. If I'm not mistaken it won a golden bullseye award last year. It has an external safety, which some might consider a negative but it's pretty unobtrusive.

Back