Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish we were allowed to have sbr's here. I'd love to make the stock to my pps functional. Been thinking about getting the parts kits and a 16" barrel just to have that option.

Any SBR owners here? Looking at getting a DD MK18 SBR, just wanted to know if anyone here had experience pro or con with a SBR.

I built a custom POF with a 11.5" barrel. Great rifle to shoot. The only kicker is the cleaning after using a suppressor. :slap

Bought an xds .45. Think I'll probably sell it after only 50 rounds through it. No way I could trust this on my hip. It's too finicky for my tastes.

Whoah
That's exactly opposite what I've been hearing from people. What ammo were you using and what brand was it finicky with?

Agreed. The only ammo I ever had a problem with was Blaser Brass.

I had a bad experience with blazer ammo the first time I tried it and have never purchased it again. I was shooting 44mag ammo thru my super blackhawk. One of the rounds basically blew up in my face. There was a huge flash of light but nothing drastic so I emptied the rest of the cylinder. Then when I was emptying the shells one of them was stuck. I had to take the cylinder out and take it to the range gunsmith. He had to clamp it down and pound it out with a dowel rod and a hammer. Upon inspection afterward I noticed that some of the blue was damaged. I will never ever buy blazer again. Luckily it was a used gun with a little wear already and luckily I wasn't hurt.

I had a bad experience with blazer ammo the first time I tried it and have never purchased it again. I was shooting 44mag ammo thru my super blackhawk. One of the rounds basically blew up in my face. There was a huge flash of light but nothing drastic so I emptied the rest of the cylinder. Then when I was emptying the shells one of them was stuck. I had to take the cylinder out and take it to the range gunsmith. He had to clamp it down and pound it out with a dowel rod and a hammer. Upon inspection afterward I noticed that some of the blue was damaged. I will never ever buy blazer again. Luckily it was a used gun with a little wear already and luckily I wasn't hurt.
Definitely lucky you weren't hurt.

Yeah thanks man. I still have a little less than half that box left but have no intention of firing it.

Whoah
That's exactly opposite what I've been hearing from people. What ammo were you using and what brand was it finicky with?

It's finicky with the grip, and according to Springfield it has to be lubed just right (customer service response). Youtube videos of the XDS problems. They're everywhere. I had light primer strikes and failure to fires on almost every mag I loaded (PMC 230 gr.) According to most forums and youtube videos if your grip isn't just right it'll cause the issue. According to Springfield you have to make sure to use extra lube in exact locations. No thanks. I'm not going to depend on a gun that needs babysitting. Not to mention after only 50 rounds the finish on the slide is jacked up from the way the casing is ejected. I'm waiting to hear Springfield's response to that one after I sent them pics. Not oddly enough there is a youtube video on that as well.

50 rounds in and look at the slide...

s32amp.jpg

i3yzb8.jpg

Last edited:
Whoah

I've been hearing the same thing, but you know what the size of it, break in is probably gonna be at about 500 rds.

My xds .45 has put about 350ish rounds down range and I've had no problems save one failure to feed. I'd trust my life to my xds.

I'll keep carrying the FNX 9 until I can find something else. Because this ain't it.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I was pretty close to getting the FNX 9 a few months ago. My local shop had it on sale for $359 with 3 extra mags.

I'm not sure what I'm going to carry when they finally get the IL paperwork finished. I'm debating either a Smith Shield or a Glock 27.

Back