Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how you'd comfortably carry a governor. Not against owning one, but carrying might be a bit much.

Cool. Let me know how it goes if you get it.
And I agree 100% gp100 is the best 357 you can own. You should look into the sp101. It's gps lil brother.

My thought exactly on the gov also. I've thought about the SP101, but the hammer would make carry a bit harder then the LCR, but that's really splitting hairs, lol.

My thought exactly on the gov also. I've thought about the SP101, but the hammer would make carry a bit harder then the LCR, but that's really splitting hairs, lol.

Haha true. And hey you can get them hammer-less too.

Any recommendation on a light/laser combo? I always wanted one, always looked at the Streamlight TLR series. Care to share pictures of your guys set up

Oh, I plan on using it on a full sized pistol.

I don't see how you'd comfortably carry a governor. Not against owning one, but carrying might be a bit much.

Cool. Let me know how it goes if you get it.
And I agree 100% gp100 is the best 357 you can own. You should look into the sp101. It's gps lil brother.

Agreed! I have a gp100 with a 3.5" barrel. Most reliable pistol you could own. In a collectible sense its all about the colt python 357 in my opinion.

Any recommendation on a light/laser combo? I always wanted one, always looked at the Streamlight TLR series. Care to share pictures of your guys set up

Oh, I plan on using it on a full sized pistol.

Which pistol? I don't own any lasers of any kind but I hear Crimson Trace are popular. But again I don't own any.

Cool! I'm a big fan of Ruger. I think I want an sr1911 and an sr45.

Me too. Almost half the guns I own are Rugers. I have a 10/22, GP100, SR1911, and SR556. Never had a single issue with any of them. Plus I've been looking for a deal on a Mark III for plinking at the indoor range.

My dad has a Mark II and it's super fun. If I was you I'd try to find a Mark II instead. It's all steel construction. Unless you go for a stainless Mark III and then get a Volquartsen wood grip. That would be sweet as hell.

Which pistol? I don't own any lasers of any kind but I hear Crimson Trace are popular. But again I don't own any.

Plan on mounting one on a USP 45 Tactical, I know that I may need to get a rail adapter.

Me too. Almost half the guns I own are Rugers. I have a 10/22, GP100, SR1911, and SR556. Never had a single issue with any of them. Plus I've been looking for a deal on a Mark III for plinking at the indoor range.

I love rugers too, Gp100, 10/22 and a MK III SS comp model. The MK III is accurate, I shoot that the best out of all my hand guns.

My dad has a Mark II and it's super fun. If I was you I'd try to find a Mark II instead. It's all steel construction. Unless you go for a stainless Mark III and then get a Volquartsen wood grip. That would be sweet as hell.

Funny you say that. I have been searching local gun trading sites and pawn shops for a stainless Mark II. Just missed one on Sunday. He sold it right before he got my email.

Otherwise I do plan to grab a stainless Mark III when a deal presents itself. Not really in a hurry since I don't shoot much .22 anyway.

I remember when I first started shooting my dad would try and get me to shoot his high standard 22 revolver. I was all snooty like aww 22 I wanna shoot 9 and 45. Now it's one of my favorite calibers.

I also want a stainless mark II or III

I finally scored myself an HK 45 compact tactical. I think I got a heck of a deal on it, and hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week. I have Friday off of work so I'd love nothing more than to sleep in, eat some breakfast, and go shoot a new gun.

I finally scored myself an HK 45 compact tactical. I think I got a heck of a deal on it, and hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week. I have Friday off of work so I'd love nothing more than to sleep in, eat some breakfast, and go shoot a new gun.

Nice! Are the barrels matching serial numbers now? You mind I ask how much they are costing now?

I was looking for a laser/light combo for my USP 45 tactical but got a TLR-4 ordered for my HK45ct instead. I was tempted to get the viridian C5L, maybe later on if I can find a good deal on it.

Your gonna love the HK45ct, congrats again.

Nice! Are the barrels matching serial numbers now? You mind I ask how much they are costing now?

I was looking for a laser/light combo for my USP 45 tactical but got a TLR-4 ordered for my HK45ct instead. I was tempted to get the viridian C5L, maybe later on if I can find a good deal on it.

Your gonna love the HK45ct, congrats again.

I got lucky on a gunbroker auction and scored it for $1099 shipped. I've been seeing the tactical model for $1100-1300 lately so I figured for that price I might as well go for it.

I got lucky on a gunbroker auction and scored it for $1099 shipped. I've been seeing the tactical model for $1100-1300 lately so I figured for that price I might as well go for it.

Wow! Nice score. V1 or V3. I own the v3. My full size HK45 is a v1.

I think I got my HK45ct $1129 shipped when the barrel serial numbers didn't match when they was putting them together. But the label from HK states its a official CT. Btw does your barrel has matching SN?

Wow! Nice score. V1 or V3. I own the v3. My full size HK45 is a v1.

I think I got my HK45ct $1129 shipped when the barrel serial numbers didn't match when they was putting them together. But the label from HK states its a official CT. Btw does your barrel has matching SN?

It's a V1. I"m not sure if the serial numbers match or not. I suppose that's something I should've asked, but I didn't know about mismatching until now. The box label does show the 45c Tactical designation on it if that helps or not.

anyone know an online store that has 22lr, 22 subsonic, 9mm or 223 in stock at a DECENT price????

Cabelas has been getting consistent .22lr ammo lately, but they limit you to ONE box per order and charge nearly the same price for shipping. If you're desperate for ammo that's a good way to go, but $15 for 100 rounds of .22 seems steep to me.

Back