Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new Springfield M1A(standard) yesterday and I want to put some optics on it but before I do can anyone tell me if I need any specific tools. I know M1A mounting optics rail is different from the norm, just wanna be prepared as possible before start. Thanks.

Got a new Springfield M1A(standard) yesterday and I want to put some optics on it but before I do can anyone tell me if I need any specific tools. I know M1A mounting optics rail is different from the norm, just wanna be prepared as possible before start. Thanks.

Nice bro! That's on my list. Which model did you get?

I was also thinking about a the Remington 700 but I just watched a document on Netflix that the 700 had a huge problem with it firing when putting the safety lever on. And thousands of people were getting hurt. Theres videos of military Snipers, etc documenting this problem but they still extended their contracts with Remington. It's a must watch and an eye opener.

Nice bro! That's on my list. Which model did you get?

I was also thinking about a the Remington 700 but I just watched a document on Netflix that the 700 had a huge problem with it firing when putting the safety lever on. And thousands of people were getting hurt. Theres videos of military Snipers, etc documenting this problem but they still extended their contracts with Remington. It's a must watch and an eye opener.

I just got the standard entry level in wooden stock. Down the road I plan on getting the squad or loaded.

Firing when safe is a huge problem, I'll checkout the vid when I get a chance.

172yqx.jpg

my latest pickups. Both fun. I have the original grips for the colt but not the ruger. Gonna pick some up off ebay for it eventually

:goodpost::exactly: I use frog lube on all my fire arms. I just dropped $1k for a AK :gah: :monkey2 first then be :) once in my possession. I ended up with the SLR 107-21 and got a couple of 30rds Bulgarian mags to go with it.
SLR107-21-2.jpg

SLR107-21-3.jpg

Nice. I'm trying to decide between the one you got and the milled version. I believe it's a 106. Cost is the same but the no folding stock with the milled receiver.

And as far as the Wasr goes I got to compare it side by side to the milled Arsenal yesterday. In addition to nicer furniture and paint the action and trigger are far superior on the Arsenal IMO.

Nice. I'm trying to decide between the one you got and the milled version. I believe it's a 106. Cost is the same but the no folding stock with the milled receiver.

And as far as the Wasr goes I got to compare it side by side to the milled Arsenal yesterday. In addition to nicer furniture and paint the action and trigger are far superior on the Arsenal IMO.

Are you talking about the Arsenal SLR 101? I could of gotten that for less than the one I just bought. The only difference is milled and no folding stock. Some people can't tell the difference, the ones that usually does are the AK experts. Stamped steel is the original design that's why I chose that too and the folder was the one that sealed the deal.

I handled the WASR and the grips were loose and the wood hand guards were crooked. I know it varies and there are good ones out there too. Can't believe Centuary Arms keeps increasing the price and QC sucks.

Yeah it was the 101. There was like $2 difference between the 107 and the 101 at Buds.

Yeah it was the 101. There was like $2 difference between the 107 and the 101 at Buds.

Ya, I was gonna get that sand color 107 and buy a triangle folding stock and the black upper/lower handguards and grips because I don't like the sand color. I was just gonna wait if they will get the black back instock but never wanted to take the chance so I bought it from a dealer in Colorado. Paid a bit more because shipping was about $50 but he hooked me up with 2 brand new Bulgarian 30rds mags for $30 more.

I found a 107 locally and I think I'm keeping it the way it is. They were asking $1100 for it and there is already scratches maybe because it was their display one for a while. I swear when I called around looking for the 107 I was told they didn't have any.

Nice pick up sir. I'm jealous.

One of the larger dealers had the Arsenal 107-61 I want on sale for $925 in a mailer I received today. I called to order it but the guy said they had sold all 15 they had in stock today. :(

awesome bro! also next on my to buy list. going to pick up a SLR107-FR

Thanks bro! This will be fun to shoot and ammo is half the price of 5.56/.223

Next on my list is a .308 and a shotty

Nice pick up sir. I'm jealous.

One of the larger dealers had the Arsenal 107-61 I want on sale for $925 in a mailer I received today. I called to order it but the guy said they had sold all 15 they had in stock today. :(

Thanks! Check out budsgunshop, they still have it in stock. I almost went that route, read that the balance is better because of the mid front sights. I even got a quote at my LGS on threading the barrel and putting a flash hider since its illegal where I'm at to SBR it. But I even wanted a bayonet lug just for the F of it even tho it isn't gonna be used :lol but good choice there for any 107 models

Last edited:
343kdht.jpg

Not as fancy as you guys's but it's a sporterized Mauser in 30-06 with a marlin scope. Can't wait to play with it.

Back