Guillermo del Toro on The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay I am just wondering what are your guys thoughts on Guillermo del Toro?
As I know nothing about him, what Movies he has Directed and What you guys think of him? Is he a good or bad Director, Can he live The Hobbit up to the Lord of the Rings, and is he the sort of Director you want as the Hobbit Helmer?

Hopefully you guys can answer these questions and give me your personal opinions on him?
Cheers

GD is a personal favorite of mine. I think he will be AWESOME for this franchise. One of the few people that could have been brought in that I will not complain about for one second. GD and PJ = sweeeeeet!

Pan's Labyrinth is a fribbin' great flick!

Completely agree. In GDT I trust. Can't wait for Hellboy 2. Pan's Labyrinth was great as was Devil's Backbone, Hellboy 1 and Blade 2. I see that he's making At The Mountains of Madness one of my favorite HP Lovecraft stories! GDT is at the top of my very short list of directors who I would want to do The Hobbit other than PJ.

An awesome director i must say he have done very good jobs in most of their films, watch some films of GDT like Hellboy, Devil's Backbone an obviously PAN'S LABYRINTH he is the man for the Hobbit.

yes I think I may hire out some of his movies and see if I like them though from your guys opinions his movies sound like the sort of movies I like

Just saw Pan's Labyrinth and I thought it was excellent cant wait to see how the Hobbit turns out

I'm very optimistic about Del Toro helming this film, I think he's got the right sensibilities to pull this one off.

I think he'll be great on the Hobbit, but it's my personal wish he start working on Hellboy 3 ASAP! :rock

Pan's Labyrinth is incredibly overrated. I do, however, think he'll do a fine job with the Hobbit.

He'll be great as long as he doesn't satisfy his tentacle "fetish" in any of the Hobbit films. I'm getting sick of seeing tentacled things in his movies.

There has been some negative feeling about Del Toro when it was reported that he did not finish reading Lord of the Rings because it was too dense.

However he posted on the Hellboy II board the other day that not only has he now breezed through LotR (he was 11 when he last tried to read it) but he is reading "The Silmarillion" which he is enjoying greatly.

There has been some negative feeling about Del Toro when it was reported that he did not finish reading Lord of the Rings because it was too dense.

However he posted on the Hellboy II board the other day that not only has he now breezed through LotR (he was 11 when he last tried to read it) but he is reading "The Silmarillion" which he is enjoying greatly.

Cool thanks for the info.

That sounds good.

This is best news I've heard in a very long time.
Guillermo del Toro has shot up to the top of my directors list with Pan's Labyrinth and The Orphanage.
The Orphanage scared the hell out of me THAT is the way horror movies should be done.
I have absolute faith in his ability to make the Hobbit.

Guillermo del Toro has shot up to the top of my directors list with Pan's Labyrinth and The Orphanage.
The Orphanage scared the hell out of me THAT is the way horror movies should be done.

GDT didn't direct Orphanage. He produced it. And looking at his current projects on IMDB, it looks like he is doing a fair amount of producing recently.

Yet there is still no official word as to his involvement with the Hobbit. I wonder when the BIG announcement is going to be.

GDT didn't direct Orphanage. He produced it. And looking at his current projects on IMDB, it looks like he is doing a fair amount of producing recently.

Oops my bad. Thanks for correcting my brain fart!
Well then he is a damn fine producer too. . . :lol

Give the credit to Juan Antonio Bayona, he made a great work directing it.

My apologies to Senor Bayona. I got excited and just remembered how much I loved the film and that GDT had his name on it somewhere. :D

Last edited:
Back