Guild Wars 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I started playing it yesterday but haven't played it enough to decide if it's a game I continue to play or not.

Yah I just started as well...seems like there isn't much interest here though. I myself am kind of lukewarm because after having done the WOW thing (back in the day when I was in college, before all the questionable expansions)...anything just feels like the same thing with different graphics. I just got GW2 because its a considerably big title and was curious, not sure how much I will get into it.

I've been playing, I like it more than WoW, only issue is the main story line is not that big so far---like I've barely done any of it but there's big jumps to what level you should be to be able to do the next part.

I'm kind if surprised there's not more people in here that play since it was such a hyped up game. But honestly I think it's a pretty good game so far and I can't complain since it is a free mmo I think they have done a great job with that.

If all the first 5 weapon skill slots are just learned overtime with "use", then the only real "customizing" is the remaining 5 "skill/trait" slots?

I'm kind if surprised there's not more people in here that play since it was such a hyped up game. But honestly I think it's a pretty good game so far and I can't complain since it is a free mmo I think they have done a great job with that.

I'm betting a lot of people are playing and just not commenting.

If all the first 5 weapon skill slots are just learned overtime with "use", then the only real "customizing" is the remaining 5 "skill/trait" slots?

It also matters which weapon you use, switching from pistols to rifle means a new set of abilities to learn. On top of that since you've only got 4 slots to add things into you can end up switching those out with a different ability. A lot of those switchable abilities give you more than one action you can do.

There's also the traits, once you get to level 11 you get points you can put into whatever area you want to focus on.

It also matters which weapon you use, switching from pistols to rifle means a new set of abilities to learn. On top of that since you've only got 4 slots to add things into you can end up switching those out with a different ability. A lot of those switchable abilities give you more than one action you can do.

There's also the traits, once you get to level 11 you get points you can put into whatever area you want to focus on.

Gotcha, also seems like weapon skill slots 4 and 5 depend on what offhand you have? Lots of variety. I guess my point is it seems like you learn them pretty fast. Unless the customizable "traits" changes alot of things both dynamically (statistically) and graphically (animations), it feels like you could see a significant portion of all the moves by just using all the weapon types. E.g. didn't take me to long to see all the fire, water, air, and earth skills on my elementalists. Granted I've only used 1h scepters so I know theres 3x or 4x more skills if I switch to daggers, 2h staffs and whatever else I can use. But the "learning curve" for learning these skills seems a little bit to low. Lol - lots of questions I know I could probably asnwer if I just shut up and played but I have really limited play time due to family reasons :gah:

Thread sure is dead. Really enjoying this game so far. Not sure if its simply because I haven't gotten into a MMO since quitting wow like 3-4years ago.

Pre-ordered and played in nearly all of the BETA events they had leading up to release. I'm loving this game! Between this and The Secret World my evenings are full :lol

Yeah after playing this game for a little while now I'm really enjoying it I wasn't so sure when I first started but now that I'm a higher level I really like it. I think they implemented a lot of new things to this mmo and did it in a way that makes the game more enjoyable.

Yeah it's definitely nice with such a large community that needs to work together. That was one of the reasons I quit swtor I felt like I was paying for a single player game, I would go to some planets and there was a total of like 12 players on it lol.

That was really depressing with SWTOR, now it's going free to play I'm hoping it will pick up a bit but right now I don't have time for it anyway :lol

I'll be buying this or Aion or both when I get my new pc in a few weeks. Although, I have a feeling my friend will want to play Tera first and foremost.

I liked Tera, only problem is the heavy anime art style but the gameplay is pretty solid.

I had played the trial and was considering buying it, but now with Guild Wars 2 I think I've got my fix

I liked Tera, only problem is the heavy anime art style but the gameplay is pretty solid.

I had played the trial and was considering buying it, but now with Guild Wars 2 I think I've got my fix
I like the art style actually. It's like Aion in that respect. However, I think Tera could really, really, really benefit from more customization options and hopefully such things will be added as time goes by.

Thinking about picking this up....do this game has voice chat???....this would be my first MMO...:horror....coming from Madden and Call of Duty.....think I should??:wave

I'm not sure, but in the end you can always just use skype. That's what I used for the two months I played World of Warcraft back in 07 or 08.

Back