Guess you can't honor the American flag during Cinco De Mayo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... just wow.

Easily the best thing in this thread :lol :lol

n2218928755_30606.jpg
OWNED :lol

Nope, I am trying to figure out how you ignore Bush's "out of control" spending and say "oh he did his best to stop Fannie and Freddie (ie not y) Mac." No he didn't. Almost everyone knew this was coming, and Paulson warned Bush about the collapse. Bush did nothing to heed those warnings, except increase spending and promote financial irresponsibility: "Go shopping everyone! Go to Disneyworld!" Well it's time to pay the bill. Defend him all you want, but even conservatives acknowledge he was a huge gov't spender (and I am not even talking about the two wars), hence where everyone is getting the "Obama is Bush" mantra. And I am no liberal.

Even Clinton warned a Democrat controlled congress about being irresponsible when it came to dishing out home loans to people who couldn't afford it. A DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED CONGRESS.

Your mentality of it being Bush's fault that people were irresponsible with their spending is exactly what's wrong with this country. Noone forced anyone else to run up their credit cards and take out 'interest only' home loans. Those people got themselves in those situations all on their own. EVERYONE in this country needs to start owning up to their own mistakes and quit using the 'I didn't know' excuse. Obama needs to do the same thing... it's not Bush's fault that he's spending us into the next millenium.

And for the record, Bush is, was, and always be a moron, but he was sure as hell a better choice than Gore or Kerry.

Even Clinton warned a Democrat controlled congress about being irresponsible when it came to dishing out home loans to people who couldn't afford it. A DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED CONGRESS.

Your mentality of it being Bush's fault that people were irresponsible with their spending is exactly what's wrong with this country. Noone forced anyone else to run up their credit cards and take out 'interest only' home loans. Those people got themselves in those situations all on their own. EVERYONE in this country needs to start owning up to their own mistakes and quit using the 'I didn't know' excuse. Obama needs to do the same thing... it's not Bush's fault that he's spending us into the next millenium.

Again, ignoring Bush's spending is not going to make your argument stronger. To say Bush didn't contribute to the expediency of the economic collapse with his exuberant spending is ridiculous, but fairly common talking points I suppose. There is a laundry list of people to blame, including Bill Clinton, but we're talking about conservatives now aren't we? Obama is spending even more than Bush, no argument there.

And for the record, Bush is, was, and always be a moron,

Agreed.

but he was sure as hell a better choice than Gore or Kerry.

We will never know if that is true, now will we? It's an opinion based on nothing factual. It's like me saying McCain would have been worse than Obama.

Just ridiculous! I think the school went too far. Wear what you want to wear. That would be like telling me not to wear a Buffy shirt at a star wars convention... :D

Those kids who wanted to honor the american flag were obviously nazi skin heads!

Meh, it will be a good thing. This thread sucks.
Oh BS. I posted it because I thought it was a damn shame it occured. Unless the school forbids it you should never be forbidden from wearing something to honor your country, no matter WHAT the reasons they wore it. If you don't like this thread then why don't you leave it?

So I saw Iron Man 2 today....
How dare you. All of these important things happened today and you didn't take time to honor any of them. Frankly. I'm offended. Events
May 7
1789 - The first Presidential Inaugural Ball was held in New York City. Each lady in attendance received as a gift a portrait of George Washington. Actually, the ball was the first such event held for the incoming President of the United States.
1912 - Columbia University approved final plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories. The award was established by Joseph Pulitzer.

1912 - The first airplane equipped with a machine gun flew over College Park, MD. This is strange, as the University of Maryland takes up about all of College Park! Maybe the flyer was looking for Terrapins (the school mascot). YIKES!

1915 - On its return trip from New York to Liverpool, England, the British ocean liner, Lusitania, was torpedoed by a German U-boat off the coast of Ireland. The Lusitania was carrying a cargo of ammunition from the U.S. to Great Britain. This was Germany’s reason for the attack even though the ship was carrying over 2,000 civilian men, women and children. 1,198 lives were lost.

1945 - Baseball owner Branch Rickey announced the organization of the United States Negro Baseball League, consisting of six teams.

1945 - Nazi Colonel General Alfred Jodl, representing the German government, entered the headquarters of the Allied forces early this day. He was in a red school building in Reims, France for one purpose only ... signing the terms of unconditional surrender. Eisenhower’s Chief of Staff, Lt. General Walter B. Smith signed for the Allies.

1951 - Russia was admitted to participate in the 1952 Olympic Games by the International Olympic Committee.

1958 - Pianist Van Cliburn signed an artist’s contract with RCA Victor Records.

1959 - It was one of the most touching and memorable nights in all of baseball on this night. 93,103 fans packed the LA Coliseum for an exhibition game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees. Sandy Koufax pitched for the Dodgers and lost to the Yankees, 6-2. It was Roy Campanella Night. The star catcher for the Dodgers, paralyzed in an automobile accident, was honored for his contributions to the team for many years. ‘Campie’ continued to serve in various capacities with the Dodger organization for many years.

1966 - The Mamas & The Papas made the climb to the top of the Billboard pop music chart with Monday, Monday. For three weeks Monday, Monday stayed at the top of the pop music world. The tune was the second hit by the group -- just two months after their first, California Dreamin’. These two songs would be the only number one hits for the group, though they made it to number two with Dedicated to the One I Love.

1985 - The Edmonton Oilers set a National Hockey League record for playoff wins (12). Edmonton won a second trip to the Stanley Cup finals with a 7-3 win over the Chicago Blackhawks.

1987 - Shelly Long made her last appearance as a regular on the popular TV show, Cheers. Long, who played cocktail server, Diane Chambers, to often hilarious results, left the hit comedy to pursue a movie career.
https://www.440int.com/twtd/today.html

How dare you. All of these important things happened today and you didn't take time to honor any of them. Frankly. I'm offended.
https://www.440int.com/twtd/today.html

No, no, no! When I got back I rubbed one out while listening to the "Chattanooga Choo Choo" (which was recorded on this day, in 1941 by Glenn Miller).

And tomorrow, on May 8th, I plan on selling some coke.

Oh and Iron Man 2 was cool.

No, no, no! When I got back I rubbed one out while listening to the "Chattanooga Choo Choo" (which was recorded on this day, in 1941 by Glenn Miller).

And tomorrow, on May 8th, I plan on selling some coke.

Oh and Iron Man 2 was cool.
Bet you got a really good rythmn going with that song though. I'm probably going to see it tomorrow.

Oh BS. I posted it because I thought it was a damn shame it occured. Unless the school forbids it you should never be forbidden from wearing something to honor your country, no matter WHAT the reasons they wore it. If you don't like this thread then why don't you leave it?

Let me rephrase...what this thread has become sucks. Better? Sheesh so touchy. Sit back and enjoy my avatar (not too much though).

Wait this happened in California? Oh, that explains it.

I believe the correct spelling is Aztlan. :lecture

:lecture

If everyone just minded their own business and left others alone, this world would have far fewer problems.

Which would require people actually learning how to deal with the fact that other people live here too. That's not the direction I see the PC minding of everyone else's business going.

Who forgot those, and where did they forget them? Can they just call the place and have the maitre'd hold them until tomorrow?

He forgot these ones too.

1997 Galileo, 4th Ganymede Flyby (Orbit 8)
1988 U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya U.S.S.R.
1987 105 degrees F in Sacramento, California
1975 President Ford declares an end to "Vietnam Era"
1960 Michael Tal beats Botvinnik 12 -8 for world chess championship
1954 U.S., Great Britain and France reject Russian membership in NATO
1947 General MacArthur approves Japanese constitution
1945 SS open fire on crowd in Amsterdam, killing 22
1942 Nazi decree orders all Jewish pregnant women of Kovno Ghetto executed
1940 Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of Britain
1939 Germany and Italy announced alliance as the Rome-Berlin Axis
1928 England lowers age of women voters from 30 to 21
1915 Lusitania sunk by German submarine; 1198 lives lost
1909 Construction begins on first 100 houses in Ahuzat Bayit (Tel Aviv)
1867 Blacks stage ride-in to protest segregation in New Orleans
1824 Beethoven's 9th (Chorale) Symphony, premieres in Vienna
1727 Jews are expelled from Ukraine by Empress Catherine I of Russia
1700 William Penn began monthly meetings for Blacks advocating emancipation
1663 Theatre Royal in Drury Lane London opens
1429 English siege of Orleans broken by Joan of Arc
1416 Monk Nicolaas Serrurier arrested because of heresy at Tournay
1355 1,200 Jews of Toledo Spain killed by Count Henry of Trastamara
1274 2nd Council of Lyons (14th ecumenical council) opens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back