Guess you can't honor the American flag during Cinco De Mayo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is insane. That school flies and American flag doesn't it?

Maybe they don't want any more American funding.

That's just ridiculous...
Most mexicans don't even really care that much for Cinco de Mayo...
I don't understand why it's such a big deal here in the U.S.A. ...
Stupid school officials...

I'm not sure why a Mexican American would be offended by this? They are American aren't they? They are living in the USA. We have become too PC for our own good.

Whether or not I agree with this, they were definitely trying to start trouble. That much is obvious. They got what they wanted, though, which was attention.

Wow, just stupid. I'm Mexican and grew up in the Great U.S. of A and I would not care if someone where there own flags on Cinco De Mayo, be proud of who you are. I'm proud to be Mexican AND American. Someone slap the principle and those kids just want to make something out of nothing.

They wouldn't...
it just shows you how School officials are so out of touch with how these things work...
It's obvious though these kids were expecting a reaction...

Whether or not I agree with this, they were definitely trying to start trouble. That much is obvious. They got what they wanted, though, which was attention.

I agree that the kids were probably trying to make a statement - but why would anyone who lives in the USA get offended by this? Mexican Americans should be proud to wave both flags.

This sums it all up perfectly from the kids BS to the dumbass teachers.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3dyz0VSXQBA&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3dyz0VSXQBA&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I agree that the kids were probably trying to make a statement - but why would anyone who lives in the USA get offended by this? Mexican Americans should be proud to wave both flags.

They were probably offended because they knew exactly what the other students were doing - making fun. Did you watch any of the videos interviewing the boys? They were all high school punk/jock-type kids who wouldn't have worn that much red, white, and blue on the Fourth of July.

Still, both parties wanted attention, and they got it.

We are. Please do not take those kids or that community as a representation of ALL of us. Those are kids being idiots and nothing more.

Well I don't know what that proves....I also don't think a teacher should use the "n" word or any type of racial slur.

They were probably offended because they knew exactly what the other students were doing - making fun. Did you watch any of the videos interviewing the boys? They were all high school punk/jock-type kids who wouldn't have worn that much red, white, and blue on the Fourth of July.

Still, both parties wanted attention, and they got it.

Regardless - they were wearing shirts with the flag on them. If they were wearing t-shirts that were inflammatory towards Mexicans then that would be different.

And Kuzeh - I know what you mean. I wonder how many students actually were offended or if they just spoke up when they noticed the teachers making a big deal out of it. Everyone gets their sound bite....seems that is more what this was about.

Regardless - they were wearing shirts with the flag on them. If they were wearing t-shirts that were inflammatory towards Mexicans then that would be different.

And Kuzeh - I know what you mean. I wonder how many students actually were offended or if they just spoke up when they noticed the teachers making a big deal out of it. Everyone gets their sound bite....seems that is more what this was about.

Exactly...
Hey, I'm Mexican and I feel more offended by things like Telemundo, Univision and Telefutura... :lol

I went to a mexican restaurant last night. It was full with people lining up waiting to get in. Not one mexican*. :lecture

*customer

Oh and for those who may not realize it yet, Most "Mexican Restaurants" that claims to sell authentic Mexican food, or not. It's Tex/Mex water down food. The Real stuff are always made at home.

This comment on the page made me lol.

Apologize? Go screw yourself. Had Mexico been worth celebrating, you'd still be there. These kids need to sue the hell out of the school for infringing on their rights. Were it any other flag, we would have been told it was okay. Cinco de Mayo is not a celebration of Mexican Americans. It's a celebration of Mexicans. I hope these clowns figure out which of the two they are before the country opts to go Sheriff Joe on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back