Guess the Next LoTR PF Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faramir in Gondorian Armor.

But, I'd like to see Gandalf the Grey next.

from what I observed in this board so far is that SS valued the opinions of members from this board very much.. afterall, this is one of the largest gathering of SS collectors, and they will make a piece which they felt will satisfied the most number of collectors.. armored lurtz so far is a good example...

So I think as long as we expressed our wishes SERIOUSLY from many boardmembers, it WILL be made...

So time ago, I read that many people actually wanted a MoS on steed... but does PF include figures with steed??

Remember they said the first two figures will show the dynamics of this line. So it's unlikely to be an Orc or MOS someone like that. Someone like one of the Hobbits, Gandalf, or one of the Elves makes the most sense.

jlcmsu said:
Remember they said the first two figures will show the dynamics of this line. So it's unlikely to be an Orc or MOS someone like that. Someone like one of the Hobbits, Gandalf, or one of the Elves makes the most sense.

You are suggesting that it is ICONIC to LOTR huh?? Then should be one of the Fellowship then...

gtb said:
You are suggesting that it is ICONIC to LOTR huh?? Then should be one of the Fellowship then...

Well, I don't know about iconic but I remember them saying it would show the dymanic nature of the line. That they would be totally opposite types so you figure Lurtz is the first. I don't think they will follow him up with another baddie. That's all :D

Im going to bet without a doubt that it will be Frodo Gandalf, or Boromir.
Aragorn is the launch of the 12" line so he's out....wont be another baddie as we were told the first two figures woudl be quite the opposites.
Boromir would be the perfect fit to Lurtz....howeve i am leaning more to Frodo...he is completely opposite of Lurtz and would also be a good price difference piece. He would be obviously smaller in scale and would not have all the intricate armour lurtz did. Gandalf is also a great possibility in my eyes considering he would be very very cool.....:joy

I really hope they take their time on aragorn(STRIDER), considering it may be the last chance to get a spot on likeness to Viggo.

Anyways im very excited and hope they spill the beans soon!!!!!:banana

I wouldn't rule out Aragorn as a possibility being the 2nd PF release. Aragorn or Boromir would make the best companion piece to Lurtz which I think most would agree. Now, considering the time it took Boromir 1/6 scale to sell through at 2000 units and compare it to perception of how rare an Aragorn 1/6 is (does anyone have an idea how many were produced?), I think there would be a much greater demand for an Aragorn in someone's collection. There's going to be duplicity between the PF and 12" lines sooner or later so I don't think the release of the 12" Aragorn should affect the release of the PF Aragorn at all.
My best guess would be Gandalf the Grey, I have to agree with a lot of you on this one. This raises the question, if GTG is the next release, how many of you would like to see Saruman the White as the third release(as a companion piece)?
I will buy all Fellowship characters whatever order they are released in but it would be nice to be able to pair off certain characters in our collections sooner rather than later. I imagine it will be years before we can assemble our "Fellowship of the Ring" displays. Will Pippin be the last PF of the fellowship?

What Josh said is right. They we going to show the dynamics between characters so that means one of them is an Orcish baddy, namely Lurtz, and the other is most likely a good guy. And seeing as how Strider already is the first figure to feature as a 12" and SideShow doesnt want 2 of the same characters popping up right after eachother (see SW line), there's a big chance it will be either a Hobbit, in which case Frodo is the most likely to feature, or a human form, which could either be Legolas or Gandalf. So take your pick. Its either Legolas, Frodo or Gandalf.

Back