Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of these look better than the cheper looking ones that they ended up using.

b603d7df_6HWM2IW.jpeg

I like the Cobra B.A.T. on the far right.

That's when you turn around an pop an eyebrow like The Rock, and if they don't take the hint, you tell them to STFU or leave.

Does popping a jab count? Saw a movie with the missus at the time and behind us sat this fat guy laughin and talking to himself thru most of the movie, her idea? Punch him. So I did (to a round of applause). Some people man....

For all the "clichés" and things in the movie I thought it had some really awesome things that were all its own. For instance, have we ever seen a "space battle" in broad daylight set against a pale blue sky? I really liked the look of the finale, from the ships to the sun lighting up the characters in their cockpits.

Would Independence Day count?

I'd say yes. Now that I think of it (and its been a long time since I watched ID4) there was that initial aerial battle where Harry Connick Jr got killed and it was against a blue sky IIRC. I certainly didn't get an "Independence Day" vibe at any point while watching GOTG though thankfully.

For all the "clichés" and things in the movie I thought it had some really awesome things that were all its own. For instance, have we ever seen a "space battle" in broad daylight set against a pale blue sky? I really liked the look of the finale, from the ships to the sun lighting up the characters in their cockpits.

:tap ... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 124

The AT-AT's weren't airborne. :lecture

On another note, maybe it was just me (probably,) but I found myself utterly amazed at the picture clarity of GOTG. I saw it in Real 3D in the same theater I watch pretty much all first run movies (TWS, The Hobbit, etc.) and I almost could have sworn that what I was watching was borderline HFR. It's like it had damn near the clarity of HFR but without any of the weird BBC TV jitteriness. Anyone else pick that up?

On another note, maybe it was just me (probably,) but I found myself utterly amazed at the picture clarity of GOTG. I saw it in Real 3D in the same theater I watch pretty much all first run movies (TWS, The Hobbit, etc.) and I almost could have sworn that what I was watching was borderline HFR. It's like it had damn near the clarity of HFR but without any of the weird BBC TV jitteriness. Anyone else pick that up?

I saw it yesterday in Real 3D. It did look damn good. I really enjoyed it.

For me it went backwards just a bit, caught myself either yawning or rolling my eyes at some of the jokes that fell flat.

Just a bit though.

Overall still a winner.

Same here, I still enjoyed it, but it didn’t hold up quite as well as my first viewing. Still a top 3 MCU film in my book, and a great start to a new franchise.

For me it went backwards just a bit, caught myself either yawning or rolling my eyes at some of the jokes that fell flat.

Just a bit though.

Overall still a winner.

I guess you won't be seeing this a hundred times like Avengers then, huh? :lol

Nope. :lol

Only 3 times. :horror

Avengers 2, I'm bringing my mattress. :lol

Believe me, GOTG is still a fun time to be had, especially the music parts.

Ohhh Child.

Last edited:
Back