Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 151
The AT-AT's weren't airborne. :lecture

On another note, maybe it was just me (probably,) but I found myself utterly amazed at the picture clarity of GOTG. I saw it in Real 3D in the same theater I watch pretty much all first run movies (TWS, The Hobbit, etc.) and I almost could have sworn that what I was watching was borderline HFR. It's like it had damn near the clarity of HFR but without any of the weird BBC TV jitteriness. Anyone else pick that up?

Ok you win. :lol

Just came back from seeing this. loved it! Great simple story of greed, revenge and redemption. I only have one question
Spoiler Spoiler:

And a very unfunny message it was, that's one of the jokes that didn't work for me.

Oh, and what a waste of an actress Glenn Close's character was.

The 100% **** one?

I thought that was lolz. Especially later when Star Lord is like, "yo, you got my **** message!?"

Just came back from seeing this. loved it! Great simple story of greed, revenge and redemption. I only have one question
Spoiler Spoiler:

I have a better question. Why didn't Thanos just go get the infinity gem himself instead of having Ronan do it? There was nothing guarding it, no special procedure to obtaining it.

I have a better question. Why didn't Thanos just go get the infinity gem himself instead of having Ronan do it? There was nothing guarding it, no special procedure to obtaining it.

Probably just letting the smaller "boys" do the dirty work. Like telling your kids to fetch you the remote. I really wish Marvel would use one of their future movie dates for a Thanos movie just to set up Avengers 3. With every Marvel movie leading up to him in A3, I don't feel like there'll be enough time in 2.5 hours to stop Thanos. I actually don't mind if they take a cue from LOTR and stretch it into two movies, at the very least.

Yeah, Thanos sent his boys, only that Quill beat the to it, I don't see a problem with that, also, I don't think getting it was the problem, like most relics, finding it is the problem.

Like the dragon balls.

I revisited both and I was rather disappointed when I didn't enjoy either. :(

I am very finicky with comedies. :lol

g0ad4699e.gif

Re: the Infinity gem, I was also curious why it was so easy to find, though I thought I might have missed something. The Collector hired Yondu's crew to get it, and they found it pretty easily. Seems like Ronan's guy knew about it beforehand, but didn't try to get it until the time that Starlord did. . .or maybe they were tracking Starlord? If it was the one used by the Eternal to destroy that planet, and they knew it was on that planet, it is strange that no one sought it out before. Surely I missed something.

Isn't it obvious that they were searching for it? Quill found it 1st.

I don't think that was the planet the eternal used it on, it was just a random planet where it was hidden.

Back