Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A-hole works better than saying the actual word imo. It's like the censor beep on South Park. To me it's funnier to hear that the network had to censor 35 words in a row than actually just hearing those curse words on dvd and it not being as entertaining and silly.

Agreed, [BEEP]holes would've worked for me better than a-holes. A-holes comes across as self censorship, there are no kids next to the guy so I can't see why'd he'd self-censor.

well people never say a hole. either you curse or you dont.

a hole makes me think of some soccer mom that is too angry at something while on the phone but cannot say the word in front of her kids so she says what a bunch of a holes.
or like if your grandpa was making a joke, but he says it. it is weird,

a hole makes me think of some soccer mom that is too angry at something while on the phone but cannot say the word in front of her kids so she says what a bunch of a holes.

:exactly:

It's nothing big just a little trivial niggle

I'm ok with the A-hole, it's more satirical, maybe the beep would've worked better for the trailer, but not the full word, it would have been out of tone.

It's nothing big just a little trivial niggle

1373547739250_zpsa6d64b54.jpg

I would have liked a completely different word. This is like when Die Hard 4 they didn't even complete his catch phrase.

But I just said that I said it. And b-hole as well. :D And I also swear like a sailor.
So people do say it. For me it's about tone, intensity, reason and humor. And I think that was the intent in the trailer. Like someone posted above, there was more contempt in saying a-hole than the full word itself. Like they're not even good enough to a**holes. :D

It's a silly thing to argue, but to me it works better in the clear tone of upbeat humor the movie wants to set, rather than just become another f-bomb factory with cool explosions and jerky cameras.

But I just said that I said it. And b-hole as well. :D And I also swear like a sailor.
So people do say it. For me it's about tone, intensity, reason and humor. And I think that was the intent in the trailer. Like someone posted above, there was more contempt in saying a-hole than the full word itself. Like they're not even good enough to a**holes. :D

It's a silly thing to argue, but to me it works better in the clear tone of upbeat humor the movie wants to set, rather than just become another f-bomb factory with cool explosions and jerky cameras.

they could have gone with a pg 13 insult. I think that a hole line was even ad libed,

I was actually looking at some Nova stuff online and came across this, definitely would not mind seeing Zoe struttung around in this for a scene or two. :monkey3
2974035-nova-marvel-now-1-rocket-racoon-gamora.jpg

Not saying I don't like what shes wearing so far, but, hey.

So latest BS. After the trailer was just waaaaaaaaay too fun for the hipsters to like, now hearing "A-holes" is too big a WTF for them to enjoy the movie. :cuckoo: You guys should just slit your wrists and move on to the next life. :lol

Back