Statue Grommash Hellscream Statue (Blizzard Collectibles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should make a limited edition in green <.<

q1eCkUW.png

Lore-wise, Green Grom would be nicely toasted by the time he could stand on Mannoroth's head.

I'm already working on re painting mine, I've got the head mostly done, just a lot of real estate to paint the whole body while minimizing slips and not getting green on his clothes. Probably will have it done in 2 weeks based on the amount of time i have to spend on it due to work.

And yea, original green grom was killed by mannoroth's death blast of fire, but lore be damned in this case, green grom is best grom IMO.

And yea, original green grom was killed by mannoroth's death blast of fire, but lore be damned in this case, green grom is best grom IMO.

No argument from me, he does look cool as hell in his Warcraft 3 look. I was just being THAT guy. And I'll do it again, watch me.

Oh and don't forget to pain the chin fully black, not just a few stripes like this statue (and above repaint/photoshop). Green Grom had a full black chin tattoo.

No argument from me, he does look cool as hell in his Warcraft 3 look. I was just being THAT guy. And I'll do it again, watch me.

Oh and don't forget to pain the chin fully black, not just a few stripes like this statue (and above repaint/photoshop). Green Grom had a full black chin tattoo.

Yea, I was debating whether to go with the original black chin tattoo or stick with the stripes as they are more visually interesting than just a block of black.

And yea the above photo looks like a photoshop with a colour mask or hue swap rather than a repaint as there is no variation much in the colour.

I am going to make his body tattoos more visible by repainting them solid black rather than the thin black wash that they are in the base statute. I've also had to redo the teeth a wee bit due to the broken tooth that mine had.

I'll post an in progress pic once i have the whole body base coated and ink washed and then go from there.

Ok here's a couple quick progress pics. I haven't ink washed the body yet, so you can see a big difference in colour between the body and head. Once i wash the body and do the highlighting and dry brushing it'll look like the head does now.

OU44LKt.jpg

vmcoPUN.jpg

Story-wise aside, I can sort of see why they went with the red/orange version.
Green Orc on Green Demon head would have been to much green I think.

But again....green orc is what I am waiting on...like a Thrall.
"For Doomhammer!"

Ok here's a couple quick progress pics. I haven't ink washed the body yet, so you can see a big difference in colour between the body and head. Once i wash the body and do the highlighting and dry brushing it'll look like the head does now.

OU44LKt.jpg

vmcoPUN.jpg

Hi What paint are you using on this? Thinking of doing this also. I've always seen Orcs as green.

Ok here's a couple quick progress pics.
I haven't ink washed the body yet, so you can see a big difference in colour between the body and head.
Once i wash the body and do the highlighting and dry brushing it'll look like the head does now.

https://i.imgur.com/OU44LKt.jpg

Great work there! Green over brown any day. :rock

Makes it even more painful that they went with WoW design.
WC3 orcs were the best. Wishful thinking...

mkiut759k_zpsk3bd70ga.jpg

Yea, I was debating whether to go with the original black chin tattoo or stick with the stripes as they are more visually interesting than just a block of black.

And yea the above photo looks like a photoshop with a colour mask or hue swap rather than a repaint as there is no variation much in the colour.

I am going to make his body tattoos more visible by repainting them solid black rather than the thin black wash that they are in the base statute. I've also had to redo the teeth a wee bit due to the broken tooth that mine had.

I'll post an in progress pic once i have the whole body base coated and ink washed and then go from there.

The picture is a photoshop, which I hope to god was obvious because it took like a minute <.<

Hi What paint are you using on this? Thinking of doing this also. I've always seen Orcs as green.

I'm using a mix of Privateer Press paints and Army painter paints. These are both companies that produce paints that are primarily for use in painting tabletop wargaming minis. I happen to have a lot of wargaming minis, and hence a lot of paints, so i just used what I already have to start this little project.

Ok, here's another update.

I've got the ink wash done and have started the shading process on the body. Still a lot of work to go, but I am really really happy with how this is turning out for me so far. He's going to look so bloody badass when i'm done :D.

1 ****** pic with no flash, and 2 with flash so you can see the paint more directly.

XNzIqkj.jpg

Vnxq8Uy.jpg

aNFRQMI.jpg

I'm using a mix of Privateer Press paints and Army painter paints. These are both companies that produce paints that are primarily for use in painting tabletop wargaming minis. I happen to have a lot of wargaming minis, and hence a lot of paints, so i just used what I already have to start this little project.

Thanks. Definitely gonna consider doing this after seeing how good your work looks.

Thanks. Definitely gonna consider doing this after seeing how good your work looks.

Thanks man, I've got the tattoos done and the statue done mostly in general. Here are a few last pics that i took outside, I'm very happy with how this turned out :D.

lP1m9U8.jpg

TdHsoI6.jpg

8tvBWZ8.jpg

Y6BwLqk.jpg

Back