Grim Reaper LSF Exclusive Art Print?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BornFreeSS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Sideshow

Congrats on this amazing piece. I have some questions :)
:clap:clap:clap

1. I was wondering if it could come with an exclusive art print - the real original sketch by the wounded soldier Marcel Lazare would be perfect to display next to the piece.

2. In fact I would like a scroll (or something that can be displayed) with the back story too. I would display the whole lot together!

The fact that it's based on a sketch from the mind of a traumatized soldier of what he claims to have seen makes it so much more interesting than pure fiction.

3. Finally. I guess you have decided on LSF. But it would have been great as a 1/4 scale PF. A lot of us just don't have the room (plus I have a cat so all my statues have to be high up or behind glass!).
Any chance of a 1/4 scale option?

Thanks!
Mark

Really? What, everything? There was no soldier? He didn't sketch this? It's all made up?

I don't usually bother with the horror unlicensed pieces. Was assuming it was based on something.

No, unfortunately I have to agree that it's fiction. This is something they usually do with the Horror PF's. Moreso in the past.

They would create intricate background stories and even videos of their past releases. I believe this to be another one of those cases unfortunately.

Such a sexy statue. The soldier thing would have made it much cooler if it was real. Still, $1000 just isn't even realistic to me.

Why is it unfortunate that the story behind the statue is fiction?

I don't mean to offend, especially if you worked on this project. It's an incredible statue.

I believe there are more articulate and passionate people on this forum who can explain to you why some of us feel the statue would have more meaning if the story were true - if the sketches really did come from the mind of a traumatized soldier from the Battle of Somme - but I'll try to do my best to explain my point of view.

I guess the best comparison would be seeing a statue based on a sketch drawn from an eye witness account of Roswell. I.e. one of the aliens.
Nobody knows the truth in regards to Roswell but what we do know is something happened that night. It is compelling, and there's always that "what if".
I'd much rather hear this story, see the original sketch of the alien and then have the statue based on this eye witness account.
It would make the statue and all its details so much richer and more interesting to me. And of course it would be a center piece of conversation at my home.

On the flip side you could just completely make up a story about an alien sighting / crash / abduction. You google it and nothing comes back because it's pure fiction. I don't see this as compelling.

Having said that this is a stunnning statue. I adore it.
But the story has very little value now - to me at least.
It sounds like a cool thing to scare kids with around a camp fire.
In many ways the story is just too good. I got so excited when I thought the sketches came from the mind of a real soldier of The Battle of Somme.
There's a huge conversation to be had: "what if?", "did he see something?", "most likely he didn't but what made his mind conjure this up?", etc. etc.

I guess the short answer is that unsolved mysteries, things we don't yet understand, oddities, personal accounts, anything that's stranger than fiction - these things, to me, are more compelling than pure fiction.

And yes, of course Marvel etc. are fiction. But they have been around for years and we have bought into and shared this fiction. It's close to our hearts and we know the characters. It's very different. It is fiction that declares itself as exactly that - fiction.

Anyway, as I said, I love this statue regardless. Sadly it may be too big for my NYC apartment but I guess we will see. I will get to see it in person at SDCC this year.

I congratulate everyone who was involved in bringing this statue to us because it's magnificent.
I guess, because I don't generally collect "horror" I did not understand that there is usually a spooky story around each statue that's fiction. My bad for getting a little over excited at the possibility it might be a real story.

Truth is I'd like to own this masterpiece!
My two wishes are that it would come with the art print, and an ES so it maintains its value.....

This is all my humble opinion, and like I said, I'm not trashing the immensity of such a piece of the hard and talented work that goes into it.

But hopefully you understand what I am conveying.
You asked ;)

Last edited:
Art print might actually be cool with this piece.

But don't listen to the little girls about the size SS, this piece is good as a LSF. Thats why I ordered it :wink1:

Chris

Interesting perspective BornFree.

When I first saw the design I was like "I don't get the 3 arms thing". I'm not typically into "Death" as a character so I have no idea if that is some trait he is often portrayed as having, I never seen it before. To me its an offputting design element unless there was a historic/mythological reason for doing it. Without that knowledge it just feels like the artist just threw it in there for no reason.

This is an awesome art print with an awesome back-story. Would be unfortunate not to have included with the piece. Maybe even a flip book with some of the other sketches drawn by patient 213 added in. Make it happen SS.

cdb05fa2.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
This is an awesome art print with an awesome back-story. Would be unfortunate not to have included with the piece. Maybe even a flip book with some of the other sketches drawn by patient 213 added in. Make it happen SS.

cdb05fa2.jpg

Chris

Really cool if sideshow can add it with LSF, would make it a great add-on.

OK, I saw this statue in person. Then I saw the ES is 250 according to your mobile/cell phone internet page. So I ordered it.

1. Can you please tell us if you will be able to include the art print? Seems like a huge miss if you do not.

2. Can you confirm the ES is 250? I have no idea why it's not on your main website page yet it is on your mobile page? Why not put it on your website page?

Sideshow - can you please answer these questions? A lot of people love this statue but want to be clear what they are buying. The ES is especially relevant because it costs so much. People want to know if it will hold its value.

Thanks
Mark

OK, I saw this statue in person. Then I saw the ES is 250 according to your mobile/cell phone internet page. So I ordered it.

1. Can you please tell us if you will be able to include the art print? Seems like a huge miss if you do not.

2. Can you confirm the ES is 250? I have no idea why it's not on your main website page yet it is on your mobile page? Why not put it on your website page?

Sideshow - can you please answer these questions? A lot of people love this statue but want to be clear what they are buying. The ES is especially relevant because it costs so much. People want to know if it will hold its value.

Thanks
Mark

Hiya Mark!

The Reaper does not have a set edition size yet, so that 250 number displaying on the mobile site was incorrect (and should no longer be showing on the site).

At this time there are no plans to include an additional print with this piece.

SideshowAlex

Hiya Mark!

The Reaper does not have a set edition size yet, so that 250 number displaying on the mobile site was incorrect (and should no longer be showing on the site).

SideshowAlex

Thanks for the response Alex. Extremely helpful. Sad that there was a mistake on the ES. I'll have to talk to customer service to get this one sorted out. Glad I have the right info now.
Cheers
Mark

if the price was right, I'd order the print on it's own. No matter how much I like the reaper, he's just to far out of my budget right now, but I love the artwork.

Hiya Mark!

SideshowAlex

No print?...well that sucks. So simple to.

Not like SS needs permission from licensors to add it in....it's an "original" product.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind this? Why go through the trouble to develop an amazing back-story and artwork that helped to sell the piece only to have none of it included with the final product.

Makes no sense :slap

Chris

No print?...well that sucks. So simple to.

Not like SS needs permission from licensors to add it in....it's an "original" product.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind this? Why go through the trouble to develop an amazing back-story and artwork that helped to sell the piece only to have none of it included with the final product.

Makes no sense :slap

Chris

The artwork MIGHT (might being the key word here, ha!) as box art (along with some of the backstory) but not as a separate piece of art to be included with the piece (at least not at this time)

But who knows what the future holds? Things could change (ya never know) :)

-SideshowAlex

Back