Greggo Customs and Paint jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img3478mt.jpg

Brilliant job on these man! :clap

Great Star Wars paints, but I'm really blown away by that Brandon Routh re-work. I can't believe those before pics are a Medicom. This figure wasn't worth owning until you were done with it. Well done!

The New Hope Gang all together. You can see that each head has a slight different shade to their skin. I followed reference closely to get the skin tones as spot on as possible.

img3478mt.jpg

img3479t.jpg

img3480w.jpg

Good ____ Greggo. You did these sculpts some justice. Getting much much better my dude.:peace

Last edited:
I am so looking forward to this one! Any ideas about a headsculpt? Did you already start it?:panic:

I'm definitely looking forward to this one too :panic:

He's using a sculpt from a 12" hogan figure (jakks ringside rebels). I want it to be the NWO version of Hulk so I got the black tights custom made and the hot toys terminator shirt will be used for the NWO shirt. The weightlifting belt was taken from an old 12 inch hogan figure. The body is from Jakks wwe maximum aggression line. I already have the nwo decal stand from evilface too. Since Greggo is on the job it should look awesome when completed! :yess:

Greggo's also doing an austin 3:16 t-shirt for me too. Can't wait for this one either :hi5:

Since I'm the biggest WWF fanatic (I meant WWF, not WWE, I can't stand the current wrestling, old school all the way for me) you know that Bret Hart is on the horizon as well. Once I get all the parts together for the hitman it's all getting shipped to my buddy in the UK! :panic:

Here's a little teaser what's coming next. We are using a Medicom R2-D2 that I have weathered up to look like a certain swamp planet. Enjoy guys and gals there will be much more to come.

img3619m.jpg

img3620y.jpg

img3621f.jpg

img3622a.jpg

img3623b.jpg

img3624qo.jpg

img3625x.jpg

img3626r.jpg

img3627j.jpg

My next Star Wars repaint is Bespin Luke Skywalker. Now at first glance what on earth were Sideshow Thinking? But like all of Sideshow works I knew there would be a likeness under there. But once I removed all the paint something was still bugging me big time. Most people think the eyes are to big. But he is very wide eyed in really life and in Empire and Jedi after the accident his eyes look a lot bigger.
My problem was the depth of his forehead. The hair looks to flat so I added more hair. After doing this I believe there is something there, what do you guys think?

lukenrewhairfront.jpg

lukenewhairleft.jpg

lukenewhairright.jpg

Fantastic work on R2 Gregg, and Luke is shaping up nicely as well! Looking forward to seeing him painted. I would love to see you mod/repaint ROTJ Luke :pray:

A weathered R2 and Bespin Luke...if you have the SS Yoda/Hut, I smell a dio...

Yeah that Luke definitely looks a bit better with the added hair, good modification mate.

Cheers Guys :) Your right Marf coming very soon :)

I removed the yellow colour from Sideshow's Yoda Hut. and repainted it with a warmer orange colour which gives it a more homely warmer feeling.

img3628qy.jpg

img3629ju.jpg

I have just finished the repaint of the exterior of Yoda's Hut Before pictures on the Left and repaint on the right.

Ive repainted the roots, vines and the floor added little bits of detail, poured clear resin down the sides and inside the roots and created puddles on the floor also added moss and flock before added a dusting spray of gloss varnish.

Take a look they are only minor details but I think it makes quite a difference.

shutfront.jpg

yodaright.jpg

yodashutleft.jpg

yodashuttop.jpg

img3639r.jpg

img3642c.jpg

img3643j.jpg

img3644t.jpg

img3645y.jpg

Hot off the painting table Sideshow Luke in Bespin gear head repaint. If you have been following you will notice that he is going to be part of sideshows fantastic Diorama piece which I'm in the stages of completing. Luke is having a full repaint even down to his boots. I hope you agree that he looks 100% better I have painted the eyes looking to his left as this is how he's going to be posed in the diorama.

Before and after the added hair and repaint.

lukecompare.jpg

img36461.jpg

img3646p.jpg

img3647ud.jpg

img3648y.jpg

img3649d.jpg

img3650k.jpg

img3651l.jpg

img3652n.jpg

So far I have completed the following:

Sideshow Yoda Full repaint.
Medicom R2-D2 Weathered.
Sideshow Yoda's Hut repainted and weathered.
Sideshow Luke Skywalker Bespin Head. Added hair and repainted.

Back