Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOLD. Unfortunately I said I'd only buy Batman and Green Lantern PFs....and really unfortunate for me because they're apparently releasing them so close.

Not necessarily as close as we may think. We got a similar preview for Superman and SSC said it's a Fall order, I'm assuming that GL will be about the same which means while Bats is slated for March I have a feeling that GL won't be in hand until the Summer.

hopefully there will be a light up component somewhere...though I will definitely grab this pf, still can't fully understand why some PFs have PJs and others are sculpted...yeah I know SSC defines a PF as 1/4, being consistent with the cloth component would be great though. its a nice-to-have....wonder how they decide on which statue gets to be fully sculpted and which ones get cloth? hmmmmm...:panic:

hopefully there will be a light up component somewhere...though I will definitely grab this pf, still can't fully understand why some PFs have PJs and others are sculpted...yeah I know SSC defines a PF as 1/4, being consistent with the cloth component would be great though. its a nice-to-have....wonder how they decide on which statue gets to be fully sculpted and which ones get cloth? hmmmmm...:panic:

Good question. It seems so far that costumes not made of one piece, and that might include a belt and outside undies, get cloth, hence Batman. In the comics his grey tights are a separate top and bottom, then the accesories go on top. Also capes, coats and jackets. I'm guessing the costumes without seperate pieces, or at least the ones that seem like one piece, will be the fully sculpted ones, so Green Lantern and Spider-Woman. They have no clearly defined seperate pieces in their body suits. I'm just guessing based on what's been shown so far and doubt these will always be the rule.

Then there's the characters who have no or very little cloth, like Poison Ivy and Master Cheif. There's no other way except fully sculpted if you go with a costume that isn't cloth in the source material. For Ivy it probably wasn't worth making her leggings cloth.

will wait for the full reveal before comitting to this one.

would love a light up feature, but that wont be the deciding factor..

bring on the full reveal! :lol

Good question. It seems so far that costumes not made of one piece, and that might include a belt and outside undies, get cloth, hence Batman. In the comics his grey tights are a separate top and bottom, then the accesories go on top. Also capes, coats and jackets. I'm guessing the costumes without seperate pieces, or at least the ones that seem like one piece, will be the fully sculpted ones, so Green Lantern and Spider-Woman. They have no clearly defined seperate pieces in their body suits. I'm just guessing based on what's been shown so far and doubt these will always be the rule.

Then there's the characters who have no or very little cloth, like Poison Ivy and Master Cheif. There's no other way except fully sculpted if you go with a costume that isn't cloth in the source material. For Ivy it probably wasn't worth making her leggings cloth.

Good one...most likely that would be the reason...too bad though that they didnt squeeze in the cloth with GL...I think the abs of the Superman PF turned out pretty ok...still defined but not overboard like GL's...they could have made the cloth work for him same way as Supes'

For years most people wanted fully sculpted statues and now you want cloth:dunno

No, for years they got Cloth and the people who didn't like it complained on the internet, because...you know...people complain on the internet.

Now, people are getting fully sculpted, and people who didn't complain about the cloth are now complaining about the fully sculpted, it's a role reversal, and they too will complain on the internet....because you know...people complain on the internet.

No, for years they got Cloth and the people who didn't like it complained on the internet, because...you know...people complain on the internet.

Now, people are getting fully sculpted, and people who didn't complain about the cloth are now complaining about the fully sculpted, it's a role reversal, and they too will complain on the internet....because you know...people complain on the internet.
Pretty much. I surely don't see any of the usual "pajama party" complainers taking any issue with this move. If anything, they're probably bugged that there isn't a more drastic change with statues like Batman.

:lecture:goodpost: Word of wisdom QFT.

could've at least made the black part of the costume fabric like bucky cap

I agree. On a Premium Format statue, it seems like there has always been mixed media and there's none to be seen in the preview we got. It would be a pity if the GL PF was "just a big statue".

That said, GL's costume/uniform is a construct of the ring. It could be cloth, but it doesn't have to be. It would be nice if the artists at SSC could come up with a mixed media way of highlighting that.

People who think the Green Lantern PF has boring pose needs to do some rethinking! CHECK IT OUT!!! I LIKE THE GREEN FLAMES!

10pq5u9.jpg

Back