Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to disagree. I have had a few pieces customized over the years. You WILL PAY for real quality. A good painter will charge you about $300 to paint a 1/6 or 1/7 scale statue. A 1/4 piece will usually set you back about $400-$500. The better painters don't work for as little as you mentioned. I have also found that dealing with painters that were willing to give me a cheaper rate always ended in disaster for me. From now on I will only deal with painters that have great skill and an established reputation. I'm willing to pay for it after what I went through with so called cheaper alternatives.

Totally agree. I've purchased a custom statue before and without a doubt you get what you pay for. On the custom statue front that means a lot of dinero to match or exceed the paint apps of an SSC piece (ok ok SSC at it's best I'm not including the intances where paint app defects occurred) :)

I have to disagree. I have had a few pieces customized over the years. You WILL PAY for real quality. A good painter will charge you about $300 to paint a 1/6 or 1/7 scale statue. A 1/4 piece will usually set you back about $400-$500. The better painters don't work for as little as you mentioned. I have also found that dealing with painters that were willing to give me a cheaper rate always ended in disaster for me. From now on I will only deal with painters that have great skill and an established reputation. I'm willing to pay for it after what I went through with so called cheaper alternatives.

I guess it depends on your own experience. Ive gotten great work for my custom GL busts.

but debating prices is just a matter of experiencesand choices.

Well, I KNOW I was wrong.... And to those who had to listen to my negative bull****... I am sorry... It taught me a lesson about coming down on a piece that A) I hadn't seen really, and B) bring others down on a piece that they are excited about.

I will say if THIS ever comes out I will be jumpin on it like VS on a scantly clad female statue. I am not sure if it is exactly a commission on what, but looks to be based on Ivan Reis Blackest Nights cover, and sculpted by Gabriel Luna.

Man, love it. That's my style for sure. Nice post Spidey.

Side by side with a custom GL. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.

89B97A18-7B77-46C7-8CF8-E750571F69C5-2146-00000139BBD5A140.jpg

Having them both, I have to go with the custom. Don't get me wrong both are nice. It's just the SS version is small IMO. I love the light up on the SS.

Very nice custom.... do you like the SS version more? The light up feature looks very bright in this one awesome!

I think that other version looks like a more obvious 1/4 scale. I may be wrong but I think the SS GL is a touch smaller than it should be, at least to the eye.

It looks a touch smaller compared to other 1/4 PF's.....but not by much.

Here's a pic someone posted earlier next to Cap.

0BBF2150-C735-45E2-B958-7C58E0A083BA-4123-0000027663CDB509_zpsbb8135f9.jpg

We had someone measure, he's a touch under true 1/4 scale. But like Statue You said, not by much.

Back