Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would sure appreciate seeing him besides a male PF that isnt the Joker. I just think its hard to tell based on the Jokers skinny/long proportions and clothing exactly how GL stacks up.

I've been looking at all the posted pictures and can't help thinking that the skin colour appears to be a muted, single tone. Is the skin tone really that dead-looking? No hate meant towards the statue itself as I think it looks very nice overall.

Single tone, maybe as I haven't seen any up close pics of the face paint application. Muted, definitely not, no hue that bright could be considered muted.

insightful, balanced comments. congrats on getting him.

He is still not for me, but I am glad those who purchased him are happy and there seem to be few qc issues, for once.

Number 482 arrived safely and I'm pretty impressed. Just like with Poison Ivy, I'm not a huge fan of GL, so I was prepared to return it if I was disappointed. But unlike with Ivy, this statue arrived in perfect condition and looks great!

Size-wise, he really does look 1/4 scale to me. He's smaller than Cap and Hawkeye, but those guys are huge. I mean, Hawkeye's biceps are thicker than Storm's thighs. For a "normal" guy he seems about right.

The paint lines are really clean. Granted there are no challenging leaves on this one, but I can't find any incomplete or bleeding areas.

The abs are pretty dramatic, and his back muscles are just ridiculous, but to me, it doesn't hurt the overall appearance of the statue too much.

The glossy sheen works well. This statue really stands out next to the other PF's because of it. I was wondering how much it would bother me, because I'm a big fan of mixed media, but it's a nice change of pace.

I totally get what some folks are saying about preferring to display it with the regular power ring fist. But the ex fist is just so cool.

I've been looking at all the posted pictures and can't help thinking that the skin colour appears to be a muted, single tone. Is the skin tone really that dead-looking? No hate meant towards the statue itself as I think it looks very nice overall.

Single tone, maybe as I haven't seen any up close pics of the face paint application. Muted, definitely not, no hue that bright could be considered muted.

I noticed the same thing. His face seems to lack a little shading. I compared it to my other PF's. Hulk has more shading, consistent with deeper folds. Cap has a little more shading and is an overall darker complexion. Hawkeye has a little more shading. Cyclops looks about the same though. My female PF's don't have much shading, but they don't have the facial folds.

I think he might be a little monotone, but it's fairly consistent with Sideshow's style, and I think it just stands out more on GL because he has so much facial skin showing.

Well the wife just called to say fedex just dropped by.

Can't wait to finish work now. My favorite DC character has arrived.

He looks better in hand than I thought, the abs aren't great but not as bad as SSC pics.

Grats to those who ordered.

Would sure appreciate seeing him besides a male PF that isnt the Joker. I just think its hard to tell based on the Jokers skinny/long proportions and clothing exactly how GL stacks up.

Best I can do from work. Came out with just a couple smell flecks off the green paint near his left hip. Rest of it looks good. 696/750

2013-06-28_13-13-21_919_zps766de347.jpg

2013-06-28_13-13-32_847_zps62e7b027.jpg

Best I can do from work. Came out with just a couple smell flecks off the green paint near his left hip. Rest of it looks good. 696/750

2013-06-28_13-13-21_919_zps766de347.jpg

2013-06-28_13-13-32_847_zps62e7b027.jpg

Looks AWESOME! Grats! Now I need to wait till September to get mine.:gah::gah::gah:

This looks 1000X better in the video and new photos then it did in the first proto shots. I am SO GLAD I was wrong.... Yep I said it again Snad!!

This looks 1000X better in the video and new photos then it did in the first proto shots

To you, Spidey, to you. I think it looks exactly like the dozens of pics we got from last year's SDCC. (I should know, I saved them all.) In fact it's hard for me to think of a production piece that has been more faithful to the proto. It just has a light-up fist now, that's all.

I swear collectors are a fickle lot. :)

To you, Spidey, to you. I think it looks exactly like the dozens of pics we got from last year's SDCC. (I should know, I saved them all.) In fact it's hard for me to think of a production piece that has been more faithful to the proto. It just has a light-up fist now, that's all.

I swear collectors are a fickle lot. :)

Yes, but then again I was only stating my opinion. I still won't be getting him though... Not right now. No room for this one in the old budget.

Back