Green Lantern Premium Format (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of the 999 people actually know about XM Black Bolt or Medusa? They look so cool but before like 1 year ago, how many people knew about the Inhumans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey now. I have both of them on PO. I can proudly say I have been a fan of them for some time and I'll even add the Eternals to that fandom. I think they might be hits because there is a lot of Inhumans fans (I absolutely hate what they are doing in Agents of Shield) and they have zero love in 1/4 format. XM is doing a great job tackling lesser known characters. I hope they stay in space a little longer and give us a good Silver Surfer, Ronan, Gladiator, Liandra, Warbird, Klurt, Nova oh and back to Crystal and Maximus

I mean seriously, can we get a an awesome 1/4 Nova already! SS is more than welcome to take a wack at the Marvel Space U as well.

Let's get back on DC, not Marvel. JK :rotfl

haha I know, I thought that right after I posted. I will say I think their is a small but passionate niche group of readers who like space comics. GL falls into that category and as a GL fan I'm also a Nova fan. Of Course with GL I want them to build out the other lantern members but that's where DC gets a little boring. Outside the lantern lines they havnt really developed their space world as well as Marvel has imo.

haha I know, I thought that right after I posted. I will say I think their is a small but passionate niche group of readers who like space comics. GL falls into that category and as a GL fan I'm also a Nova fan. Of Course with GL I want them to build out the other lantern members but that's where DC gets a little boring. Outside the lantern lines they havnt really developed their space world as well as Marvel has imo.

I think before the new 52, when DC was doing things like the Rann/Thanagar War and Mysteries in Space around 2005-2008 they were on the path to making their sci-fi adventures better. Even stuff like New Gods were being more explored but that kind of came to a crashing halt when they rebooted the universe again.

Marvel has always embraced the cosmic characters a little more than DC though.

I think before the new 52, when DC was doing things like the Rann/Thanagar War and Mysteries in Space around 2005-2008 they were on the path to making their sci-fi adventures better. Even stuff like New Gods were being more explored but that kind of came to a crashing halt when they rebooted the universe again.

Marvel has always embraced the cosmic characters a little more than DC though.

Excellent points. Going off memory, Marvel did have a lengthy break with its space adventure titles - at least those not named Shi'ar. It wasn't until the Annihilation event that breathed fresh life into heroes/villains long stuck on the sidelines. I know it introduced me to several new characters and got me invested where my interest had been nil to start. One of the greatest events Marvel has put together, and perhaps my favorite since the Age of Apocalypse.

With DC, it begins and ends with the GL Corps for me. I just haven't been able to get into the New Gods mythology. Only exception is Orion and Big Barda thanks to their stint on the JLA. Really hope we get more Lantern characters like Atrocitus, Star Sapphire, and John Stewart added. That possibility appeals to me even more than a Justice League or Bat Family line. ;)

I wonder how many people who ordered this can recite the oath.
Image result for green lantern oath

In brightest day
in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light

I bet a lot of people who order captain America dont know his real name (right know sam wilson and has been bucky but I a looking for Steve Rodgers...lol)
You would get bonus points if you said John Walker

Image result for green lantern oath

In brightest day
in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light

I bet a lot of people who order captain America dont know his real name (right know sam wilson and has been bucky but I a looking for Steve Rodgers...lol)
You would get bonus points if you said John Walker
After two Captain Amerca films and two Avengers films I'm sure plenty of people know who Steve Rogers is.

Back