GREEN LANTERN collectibles at WonderCon 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GREEN LANTERN in WonderCon 2011

I would be surprised if we get any announcement BEFORE the film's release of figures. I'm betting HT is waiting to see if GL is yet another DC flop or not. So far only Batman has been a hit for them. They don't want another Spirit on their hands.

The Spirit isn't a DC/Warner Brothers movie property, Lionsgate distributed the movie.

I thought mattel was doing a 12 inch version of their MM line. Looks like it's only 10. Poop!
They're releasing both. The 10 inch figures are a mass market kids line and the 12 inch Hal is being released on MattyCollector only.

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#GLPreview

Galactic Scale™ Figures. Hal and Kilowog arrive as 10" Galactic Scale™ figures that have a light-up chest logo when you lift the arm. They also come with a light-up construct accessory with projectiles that snap onto their arms. Hal’s construct projects a Green Lantern symbol!

12" Ultimate Movie Masters® Hal Jordan. Arguably the quintessential Hal Jordan figure, this film-accurate 12” figure features lights and sound - including Ryan Reynolds’ voice reciting the oath, "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil will escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might beware my power… Green Lantern's light!" Just wave the included Green Lantern ring in front of his chest to "magically" hear the oath and light up the figure

It looks like Toys R Us will also be carrying a 12-inch comic version of Hal. I suspect it's the 2-up "Giants of Justice" figure we saw at SDCC a few years back.

Toys ‘R' Us. Your favorite TRU will have 12" comic Hal Jordan figure and an ultimate construct set with a 4" Hal Jordan figure and 10 unique.

I hope HT puts the Wondercon footage on their Facebook page with an announcement. It'd be criminal not to get this licence.

all of those lanterns in that window are making me want to go on ebay and order the lose figures right away, but its hard to do so when in less then a month the official release of most of them is coming.

The Ultimate Movie Masters Line for Hal Jordon what quality can we expect ? any pics ?

After seeing the badass poster and footage, I'm now convinced that HT needs to get this license like now.I even know how they can do it. Make a newly developed green tinted translucent Truetype body which is filled with green LED's. Then sculpt the suit based on the digital models used for the film using Rubber and tinted translucent rubber for the parts that glow, throw in 2 Reynolds sculpts, one unmasked, multiple hands,and a few LED lit constructs and you have yourself a hit.

Like this, but bigger?:)
Matty_GL_4117.jpg

After seeing the badass poster and footage, I'm now convinced that HT needs to get this license like now.I even know how they can do it. Make a newly developed green tinted translucent Truetype body which is filled with green LED's. Then sculpt the suit based on the digital models used for the film using Rubber and tinted translucent rubber for the parts that glow, throw in 2 Reynolds sculpts, one unmasked, multiple hands,and a few LED lit constructs and you have yourself a hit.

if HT didn't make the Light-up suits from TRON Legacy for a poseable Sam Flynn, I think this might be a no go for HT as well. possibly why they didn't announce it at the December show? They may just not know how to make it work just yet. It could be a years later release like how they did with ghost rider?

Back