Green barit new pics.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got it, no time for pics, sorry, still in the box ... great paint apps though and the outfit from what I can tell is very well tailored, fits like a glove.

I think if you guys are cool with the changed HS, you'll be happy. :cool:

pjam said:
Just got it, no time for pics, sorry, still in the box ... great paint apps though and the outfit from what I can tell is very well tailored, fits like a glove.

I think if you guys are cool with the changed HS, you'll be happy. :cool:

thanks for the report, mine will arrive on friday.

Great Ape said:
Any new pics yet? Does he look cartoonish? Too chiseled?

i'll have mine tomorrow and will take pics but hopefully someone will take some tonight and post them.

Vader AL said:
i'll have mine tomorrow and will take pics but hopefully someone will take some tonight and post them.

Cool thanks Vader. He can you give a little review. I'm wondering about the sculpt. The Pacific Wayne was nice IMO, glad I got him.

Great Ape said:
Cool thanks Vader. He can you give a little review. I'm wondering about the sculpt. The Pacific Wayne was nice IMO, glad I got him.

i love the sculpt. looks much better than SS pics on the site....with the paint ap you can see wrinkles, etc. the problem i am having is how to get his cover(hat) on his head. i swear it isn't going to fit on his head without me pushing it on so hard it scratches the paint on his forehead. anyone have the same problem?

Mine came today, via UPS. The top of the box was crushed and opened some where along shipping with a razor. No damage to the figure, however, the "excusive" edition box was smashed. The opened end was taped shut with two small pieces of tape. I guess I should contact SideShow?

Brent

musketball said:
Mine came today, via UPS. The top of the box was crushed and opened some where along shipping with a razor. No damage to the figure, however, the "excusive" edition box was smashed. The opened end was taped shut with two small pieces of tape. I guess I should contact SideShow?

Brent
Yes, they'll send you a replacement box...tell them you need an exclusive sitcker on it...although they should know that since that's all there is for this one. I've had 3 sent to me for the SW line. does the beret cap fit on his head correctly?

Vader AL said:
Yes, they'll send you a replacement box...tell them you need an exclusive sitcker on it...although they should know that since that's all there is for this one. I've had 3 sent to me for the SW line. does the beret cap fit on his head correctly?
Have you tried boiling it for a few seconds?
I know you shouldn't have to, but maybe SS made his helmet as a display item, unfortunately like ABE LINCOLN!

stickman said:
Have you tried boiling it for a few seconds?
I know you shouldn't have to, but maybe SS made his helmet as a display item, unfortunately like ABE LINCOLN!

the outer part of the cap is a suede type material so it can't be boiled. the cap is pictured on the box with it on his head fitting the way it should so i imagine they made it to go on his head. :(

Great Ape said:
Is the baret felt?
Can't you just boil the baret or head to make it to fit?

the inside is plastic but the top/outside is a suede type material but if you aim the hairdryer on the plastic part you can move it into shape. it took a while though because i didn't want to mess up the outside material by bearing down too hard. i'll take pics when i get home tonight.

Wow. That's um.........quite a change. If it had started with the second sculpt it would have been fine, but that first one was so amazing..........oh well.

My opinon is that the green beret is a "PLATOON" figure with a OK Wayne likeness.If SideShow were to make a western 12" Wayne figure I believe that would be great. The value just isn't there compared to the other lines now being produced.

Brent

Back