"Greatest Seller in the World" "Wonderful human being"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately iTrader is an add-on to vB and no one has created anything comparable. I've tried to get the creator to make changes and even offered to pay for them, but to no avail.

We can ask those that are leaving feedback to be more specific in their comments though.

We can ask those that are leaving feedback to be more specific in their comments though.

Doesn't hurt to try, although I'm reminded of Jen having to post at least 2 or 3 request each time she updated the feedback totals for more information when people would just put +2 w/o specifying anything; even though the feedback forum specifically requested detailed information :lol

Doesn't hurt to try, although I'm reminded of Jen having to post at least 2 or 3 request each time she updated the feedback totals for more information when people would just put +2 w/o specifying anything; even though the feedback forum specifically requested detailed information :lol

And still people didn't. :panic: When it's left up to us to post the information, maybe 1/3 will and the rest won't. That's just the way it's always been. And a lot of that is because people just don't read a lot of these threads (or in the feedback thread, they did not read my posts) - so they have no idea. The only way it will work, is if somehow iTrader can be changed with those different categories to be rated.

It's too bad someone hasn't come up with a better design to work with vB.

I do like that to use iTrader you have to designate if you were the seller or the buyer and put something in each field. Does make it a bit more useful than just the random feedback people would leave.

I do like that to use iTrader you have to designate if you were the seller or the buyer and put something in each field. Does make it a bit more useful than just the random feedback people would leave.

I agree...but then I am a bit biased. I LOVE not having to update that thread anymore. :lol

Can we sticky a thread in the customs section with every bad/scammer customizer? I know we have a feedback thread but it's not very accurate as has been mentioned and also not very visible. Since customs are such a prominent part of this community, it would be nice to have a list of scammers in there as an added precaution...stickied and locked and only updated by mods.

If someone wanted to start a thread like that I can sticky it. Then the OP or a mod could do updates. Would be best to have the first post be a running list of names.

Unfortunately iTrader is an add-on to vB and no one has created anything comparable. I've tried to get the creator to make changes and even offered to pay for them, but to no avail.

instead of just linking to the deal thread, i think it's better if you can just type what you bought/sold. Because those for sale threads can be edited later on, so 2 months down the road i want to check the feedback of a seller yet the links in his feedback could be pointing to something completely different. And it's important to know if the + feedback is for a $10 plastic figure or a $1000 statue.

When Prog starts paying for my deals, I'll let him tell me what to leave for feedback.

Until then, Great Seller will suffice in most situations if the deal went smoothly.

I'm not ragging on you - but this is why the feedback will never be fully accurate unless the format is changed to something similar with eBay feedback. Most people won't elaborate unless the deal is bad and even then, it usually has to be real bad where they end up getting scammed.

instead of just linking to the deal thread, i think it's better if you can just type what you bought/sold. Because those for sale threads can be edited later on, so 2 months down the road i want to check the feedback of a seller yet the links in his feedback could be pointing to something completely different. And it's important to know if the + feedback is for a $10 plastic figure or a $1000 statue.

You can always elaborate in the comments section (the one that is visible to everyone).

Dave did not design iTrader and it seems those who did don't see any reason to change it - so for now it's required to enter the url in order to leave feedback.

"Great," "Timely," and "Sufficient" are incredibly subjective concepts anyhoo.

I'm not sure if you are referring to my post - and yes they are subjective - but at least feedback is broken down into categories that are each rated rather than just one blanket statement.

I'm not sure if you are referring to my post - and yes they are subjective - but at least feedback is broken down into categories that are each rated rather than just one blanket statement.
No, I was just coming back to the original sentiment behind the thread. I think the eBay-type solution might be an improvement, but even there, some folks are gonna think nothing is good enough (even when most reasonable folks will disagree) while most are gonna be overly generous and give a seller more credit than he is "due" if you figure that 3 stars out of 5 is a typical sale. Just the nature of things, and the convention of online feedback systems.

I'm not ragging on you - but this is why the feedback will never be fully accurate unless the format is changed to something similar with eBay feedback. Most people won't elaborate unless the deal is bad and even then, it usually has to be real bad where they end up getting scammed.

I know..it was meant more as a joke.

I'd much rather have meaningful feedback posted instead of what I usually get on Ebay...which is "thanks." LOL

No, I was just coming back to the original sentiment behind the thread. I think the eBay-type solution might be an improvement, but even there, some folks are gonna think nothing is good enough (even when most reasonable folks will disagree) while most are gonna be overly generous and give a seller more credit than he is "due" if you figure that 3 stars out of 5 is a typical sale. Just the nature of things, and the convention of online feedback systems.

True - it will NEVER be perfect. And we have had scammers that were responsible sellers - with never a problem reported and then one day...bam. I guess the moral of the story is to always protect yourself as much as possible because you never know.

Back