"Greatest Seller in the World" "Wonderful human being"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I heard there was still some people left short their figures and money, including Mr Rabba who started the original thread.

Just to update... I managed to get my money back last night dude!

It took a bit of a risky move on my part by claiming it as an unauthorized Paypal transaction. I'm just lucky on this instance that I got away unscathed.

No more sending payments as gifts - and staying well away from A2C should he be stupid enough to return. My lesson is well and truly learned :slap

I'd like to give feedback on this thread:

Horrible person, I saw him kill a kitten in a dream I had the other day. Don't deal with. He no deserve.

wat-why-you-no-face.png

Just when I thought there was nothing left to complain about ... :slap

We are all just human beings, sometimes we are great, sometimes we are not, if "best seller in the world" describes the experience you had, go with it! :lecture

Mista305 was a great seller before he went rogue(I've always wanted to say that).

Someone can be pretty great and then decide to start scamming people later on. It does happen unfortunately, but I don't think people having good experiences with the seller in the past and voicing their satisfaction with their transaction feedback should be criticized for it. The seller that decided to start scamming after being an upstanding member of the community is at fault, and saying "adequate transaction. Item is as described" with a +1 positive feedback on itrader isn't going to change the fact that they decided to scam and that they had 100% positive feedback when they sold to the unlucky guy that got hosed.

Wow, so we can't even write "great seller" anymore? Someone has too much time on their hands :lol

I understand and agree with your point; However, just b/c they screwed you over doesn't necessarily mean they have not been a great seller to others. I think we all know that some times deals can just go south on ebay for seemingly no reason at all. You are right though, just coming thru with your end of the bargain does not make you a great seller. I try to send every person I sell to at least one message weather it seems necessary or not just to open the communication lines, and make them feel comfortable with sending me messages, that in my opinion is great communication, and not just simply replying to a question within 48hrs. I also never cheap out on shipping supplies, especially not with high end figures. I really feel alot of people underestimate how far that little bit of extra care in packaging goes. And of course I ship fast and reply to questions fast, but that to me is to be expected.

I take your points Boba and pred1221. As I said, I may be caught up in semantics, but personally when I see people say "Great Seller" it seems to indicate that 1)they've had multiple experiences with them and 2)that all levels of the transaction went absolutely smooth. Further when someone gpes s far as to say "Great person" it tells me they know the person on some friendship level which IMO lessens (but obviously not eliminates) a chance they go rogue.

To me that's a bit different than "seller had good communication and shipped on time" which seems more business like and appropriate to me. Also leaves more room for potential warning signs to be recognized.

Maybe the seller took 3 weeks to ship something but 25 other people said "Great seller". I think people feel compelled to mimic that feedback and not rock the boat. There shouldn't be a fear to honestly say, "took a little longer than I like to ship, but did receive product", for example.

I can see a few people annoyed with me bringing it up, thats fine. I'm just trying to make it aware that the community is settling into an idea that every member is a "great seller". If we can't delineate between levels of service (when doing so could help recognize warning signs) you may as well get rid of feedback altogether.

Last edited:
Each buyer or seller is responsible for leaving the appropriate feedback for other members here to base a decision off of before entering any type of transaction. If a seller sells to several people and they all got their items quickly and without incident then "great seller" is not a wrong feedback to leave, now if the next few that seller sells too all complain about slow shipping then their feedback should resemble that situation, thus giving others here the information needed to decide to go forward or not in a deal.

Maybe the seller took 3 weeks to ship something but 25 other people said "Great seller". I think people feel compelled to mimic that feedback and not rock the boat. There shouldn't be a fear to honestly say, "took a little longer than I like to ship, but did receive product", for example.

I do enjoy the condescending view here that everyone is just engaging in group think :lol

I always take feedback with a grain of salt, but also realize that anyone at anytime can "go rogue" and take your money. So following rules like not sending gift payments; using a Cred Card (versus a bank) for paypal payments and never send Money Orders can help lessen the risk.

EDIT: On a funny related note... I do have positive iTrader feedback from Mista305; "Great Buyer!" :lol

I guess I'm not really seeing the big deal in this - as I think more people look at the number of positives vs. neutrals/negatives.

Someone could write "Great seller A++" or "shipped quickly and good communication" and it doesn't affect me either way. As long as the transaction was positive - that's the info I care about. And I would hope that if there were any hiccups along the way - such as if the item took longer to ship or if there was poor communication, the buyer/trader would write that. But if everything was great - then great seller sums it up well.

what?! there's a feedback thread?!

It's the way we used to do feedback and the thread can be found in the WTB section the the commerce area. It's locked now, but the first page has feedback listed for all members before they switched back to itrader.

I do enjoy the condescending view here that everyone is just engaging in group think :lol

Well, I'm not trying to be condescending, but do you disagree that people mimic each other here?

Is it a coincidence that out of 30 platitudes on a certain seller's feedback most of them are worded almost exactly the same.

"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"

That looks like mimicking to me.

Well, I'm not trying to be condescending, but do you disagree that people mimic each other here?

Is it a coincidence that out of 30 platitudes on a certain seller's feedback most of them are worded almost exactly the same.

"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"

Yeah. A lot of people have mimicked me over the years, now that you've mentioned it. My first instinct was to disagree with Prog, but then I thought about the issue with DarkArtist81, who is still included in the Pantheon of the Worthy despite still having folks left without their stuff. How he never even got a neutral is mind boggling. Not sure what can be done about it exactly, but clearly folks aren't always representing the reality of a situation on feedback on the boards.

"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"

I don't think it's mimicking but an easy way to sum up a positive transaction. Call it lazy if you want - but if all goes great with the transaction then "great seller" sums it up clearly.

I guess I'm not really seeing the big deal in this - as I think more people look at the number of positives vs. neutrals/negatives.

Someone could write "Great seller A++" or "shipped quickly and good communication" and it doesn't affect me either way. As long as the transaction was positive - that's the info I care about. And I would hope that if there were any hiccups along the way - such as if the item took longer to ship or if there was poor communication, the buyer/trader would write that. But if everything was great - then great seller sums it up well.

I think you're contradicting yourself. You don't look at the wording, but expect people to list valid info in the feedback.

Positives don't tell the full story and I would argue that there are warning signs that people aren't able to pick up on when buyers fall in with the herd and just say "Great" to anything that ends in a completed transaction.

I'm not an expert, so I don't have solution, but I do feel like eliminating the default response "great seller" would help. At the least an effort on the buyer to be more descriptive.

"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"
"Great Seller"

It does look like that, but honestly I don't look at the person's previous feedback when I leave my own.

Although I do generally leave something to the effect of "great seller, fast shipping and a smooth transaction". Maybe the word great is over the top, but its what I'm used to putting and I do feel that a transaction that is w/o issue equals "great". Same is true if there is an issue but the seller is helpful in working it out.

Back