Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Fair point. If there was a 300$ mill behind Saints Row it would beat GTA.

Saints Row actually beats GTA in many things, other than graphics and physics. They've actually polished and improved GTA's control scheme better than GTA has, and offered many conveniences before GTA did, like saving your customized cars in a garage thus not having to worry about losing them if you crash them, and full open world multiplayer, with no missions, including story missions, off-limits. They've had running and gunning with free cursor aiming from the beginning, while GTA still relies on a lock-on/manual aim system. In Saints Row, if I don't want to do a mission, I can exit it. Not sure if you can do that in GTAV (other than some diversions) but GTA does get props for finally adding checkpoints.

Changing between 3 characters , planning heists, underwater exploration and including an online game mode not evolving enough?

I'll give you the 3 character concept. That's an evolution to gaming in general that's long overdue. Saints Row did multiplayer before GTA, and got it right, too. Planning heists is just scripted mission stuff, not really much of an evolution to gaming in general. Underwater exploration was done in San Andreas, then absent in 4, along with bicycles, car customization, airplanes and skydiving (pre-BOGT). So, while GTA does give us outstanding quality on what they do deliver, they really haven't evolved all that much since San Andreas. They've added nice little details and touches here and there, but the 3 character concept is the first step forward that they've taken of any relevance, other than the expected graphical and physics improvements.

Last edited:

Saints Row actually beats GTA in many things, other than graphics and physics. They've actually polished and improved GTA's control scheme better than GTA has, and offered many conveniences before GTA did, like saving your customized cars in a garage and not having to worry about losing them if you crash them, full open world multiplayer, with no missions, including story missions, off-limits. They've had running and gunning with free cursor aiming from the beginning, while GTA still relies on a lock-on/manual aim system. In Saints Row, if I don't want to do a mission, I can exit it. Not sure if you can do that in GTAV (other than some diversions) but GTA does get props for finally adding checkpoints.

I'll give you the 3 character concept. That's an evolution to gaming in general that's long overdue. Saints Row did multiplayer before GTA, and got it right, too. Planning heists is just scripted mission stuff, not really much of an evolution to gaming in general. Underwater exploration was done in San Andreas, then absent in 4, along with bicycles, car customization, airplanes and skydiving (pre-BOGT).

:exactly: definitely nothing worth bragging about, two routes for heists is not exactly revolutionary.

:exactly: definitely nothing worth bragging about, two routes for heists is not exactly revolutionary.

I was more impressed back in GTA III when you had like, 3 or 4 ways to complete a mission (maybe more, depending on how creative you were) without someone holding your hand, or telling you exactly how to do it, lest you fail the mission for not doing it in the specifically prescribed manner.

I was more impressed back in GTA III when you had like, 3 or 4 ways to complete a mission (maybe more, depending on how creative you were) without someone holding your hand, or telling you exactly how to do it, lest you fail the mission for not doing it in the specifically prescribed manner.

If GTA wants to evolve, they need to let you fail missions and it affects the outcome.

That would be unfair for people who aren't die hard gamers and aren't that good.

That's their problem, let it be optional. GTA is tiresome since the game is built on rails.

So how should they evolve it without becoming a fundementally different game?

As much a people complain about COD being the same game each year, if they did change it enough then it'd be a different came and no longer COD.

People have said about CBMs that certain directors may as well have just made an original movie rather than change what they did from the source material.

That's their problem, let it be optional. GTA is tiresome since the game is built on rails.

The only rails are completing missions and continuing the story. Everything else is optional and can be attacked from different fronts

So Saints Row is better then GTA? I never played any of the Saints Row games.

I'm still having a great time with this game except when I get too sidetracked, trying to accomplish things that I discover would be a lot easier if I just played more missions.

There have been a few irritating glitches such as the lung capacity suddenly being terrible.

I never played Saints Row, but I've seen the trailers and gameplay footage and decided to pass.

Lol wut people hate this game now just a little over a week later? :lol:dunno

It's like changing an actor in a show. "Oh my God he will be so much better, the last one sucked! :panic:" and then he debuts and everyone goes "Oh my God bring the old one back or I'm leaving what is this. :panic:"

Back