Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Just make sure you're well armed and don't trust anybody. The last time I played some d-bag killed me and then kept trying to hunt me down and I killed him from then on. I've only met 2 players in an open game that weren't a$$hats, and they were both in a crew together.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I just played a session and decided that if you come toward me, I'll take it as an act of aggression and I'll fire. Some are cool and can pass by without incident, but too many herpderps are looking for trouble.

I made my first freemode kill today. I was standing on top of a one story building since I saw someone nearby. He was flying a helicopter, trying to get a look at me. Instead of going about his business, he inexplicably landed on a nearby overpass, got out, and stood there looking at me so I took cover. It looked like he raised his weapon so I took him out. It was just plain weird, what he was doing.

For those of you who want to play online but not with people who kill you, you can do a solo session. You alone or just you and your friends.

I just played a session and decided that if you come toward me, I'll take it as an act of aggression and I'll fire. Some are cool and can pass by without incident, but too many herpderps are looking for trouble.

I made my first freemode kill today. I was standing on top of a one story building since I saw someone nearby. He was flying a helicopter, trying to get a look at me. Instead of going about his business, he inexplicably landed on a nearby overpass, got out, and stood there looking at me so I took cover. It looked like he raised his weapon so I took him out. It was just plain weird, what he was doing.

lol I do this. I call it "pulling a gran Torino" I just stop a short distance away from people without doing anything until they get scared and shoot me for doing nothing. I come in like a hawk and just slam on the brakes and do nothing but politely observe them and then they become murderers. I'm so bored of all the missions .

So for those of you who have purchased the Sonar Collection Dock, can it only be done once or can you keep collecting Nuclear Waste after the first round.

I completed this task once a few weeks ago.

Then when back to the Submarine again but the Trackify App didn't show up on my phone...

Unless this mission can only be done at night?

Haven't played this game since early October. Luckily I was able to snag it with the Walmart.com glitch and return my other copy. And I just traded in my used copy to Amazon for $30. My last gen game.

I played it yesterday for the first time in about a month. It's just kind of boring. I hate to say it but there's really not much to do. Just driving around and stealing cars is not enough for me. You can barely interact with any pedestrian except for killing them. Then other players just kill me constantly. My character looks stupid but his clothes fit him so badly and I hate all the outfits. All the haircuts are lame except for one. Idk I put arkham origins back in

Playing this almost daily with my mates, setting challenges for eachother. Still amazing to me.

I expected interesting story based missions in the online mode.
Instead it was the same multi-player grind missions every game has.
But thats okay, I've never really been into online anyway.

The bigger disappointment was how blah the single player story ended up being.

Rockstar (and Bioware) are known for the best story lines that force you into choosing between a host of bad decisions ....and often endings that aren't exactly happy.

GTA4, Red Dead, LA Noire, (and for Bioware) Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, etc.... all games that forced some nasty decision making or at the very least stories that stuck with you.

....I mean who isn't still stinging from the ending of Red Dead? :D :D
....and LA Noire's twists and turns at the end I think were amongst the best ever (even if the gameplay there was a little underpar)

But GTA5's story was so pointless.... nothing bad has to happen and everyone lives happily ever after with no consequences for anything they do. Yay!

And Michael and Franklin were such pointless unmemorable characters.

Trevor was of course legendary but there was no blowback, consequences, or anything that gave him meaning in the end.

The most memorable and emotional storytelling moment in GTA5 was actually Johnny's end (your character from GTA4 Lost and the Damned) near the start of the game....

Back