Grail Piece, what's yours?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Marvel grails, mine has to be, well, Sideshow's Captain Marvel... In their notoriously hit or miss portfolio, Sideshow blasted this one over the center field wall and broke someone's windshield in the parking lot... An absolute classic in every way, and not that I worry about her resale value, but she is clearing $1K on Ebay at straight up auction... I'm super happy I have her...

View attachment 448066
That is a nice piece!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

A definitive Captain America in 1/2 scale. I.e. make one Sideshow, not one every other year.

Life size Ant-Man/ Star Lord bust (leaning towards comic book representations to go with my Captain America but MCU would work too).

I think these kind of answers nails the ‘grail’ aspect of the original question. It should be something we’re constsntly searching for, pining for but it’s truly elusive— out of reach. Something that money can’t buy right now. It’s a concept. And you might die before it ever happens.

With that criteria in mind, for me it’s a definitive 1/4 Captain America from the Earth-X stuff. I don’t like my chances :lol

I think these kind of answers nails the ‘grail’ aspect of the original question. It should be something we’re constsntly searching for, pining for but it’s truly elusive— out of reach. Something that money can’t buy right now. It’s a concept. And you might die before it ever happens.

With that criteria in mind, for me it’s a definitive 1/4 Captain America from the Earth-X stuff. I don’t like my chances :lol

I don't like my chances either for Iron Studios doing a movie 1/4 TWS Winter Soldier with switchouts and maybe a Cap to match. Since SSC IMO never did anything impressive and never did WS at all.:(

For Marvel grails, mine has to be, well, Sideshow's Captain Marvel... In their notoriously hit or miss portfolio, Sideshow blasted this one over the center field wall and broke someone's windshield in the parking lot... An absolute classic in every way, and not that I worry about her resale value, but she is clearing $1K on Ebay at straight up auction... I'm super happy I have her...

IMO this piece is so good I might have bought her, except not interested in character. Gorgeous. I wish I could trust SSC *argh* I hate returning stuff.

Prime 1 Ironhide Bust. A lot of WDCC figures Ariel he loves me, Carl and Russell with Dug, 7 Dwarfs heigh ho and Fantasia Pegasus Family. 3PO lsf from Sideshow. All pieces r grails for me that i love sculpt, pose, paint app and overall quality and i would never resell.

X-Men issue 1 or F4 issue 1.
Statues XM hulkbuster or IA hulkbuster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lol I know. I'd be happy with a 5.0 :)
who am I kidding I'd be happy with a 1.0.

My dad had 3 copies of amazing fantasy 15. And he sold them for 3c each at a yard sale. I could have sold 1 this year and retired lol.

Lol I know. I'd be happy with a 5.0 :)
who am I kidding I'd be happy with a 1.0.

My dad had 3 copies of amazing fantasy 15. And he sold them for 3c each at a yard sale. I could have sold 1 this year and retired lol.

What we had in our attics :slap

What we had in our attics :slap
He stole all his brothers comics and sold 3 spider Man, X-Men issue 1 x2, f4x2 issue 1.

All so he could buy a baby alligator for 20$. Oh and he lived in Philly in a row home and raised the gator in his basement lol. My dad had some wild stories

Currently this tops it in my collection.
t2.jpg

That's stunning, is it custom?

Yeah, it is one of those "custom" pieces from Asia. Debated for almost 7 months and finally pulled the trigger to get her. Bottom of the base says 121/159 (not sure why the weird number of 159 edition size). 1 to 1.5 scale, which is slightly smaller than life-size. The likeness is uncanny, the detail is very nice (texture on the boobs... er.. I mean suit... is great!) Paint job is spot on. Very happy with it.

Yeah, it is one of those "custom" pieces from Asia. Debated for almost 7 months and finally pulled the trigger to get her. Bottom of the base says 121/159 (not sure why the weird number of 159 edition size). 1 to 1.5 scale, which is slightly smaller than life-size. The likeness is uncanny, the detail is very nice (texture on the boobs... er.. I mean suit... is great!) Paint job is spot on. Very happy with it.
Who did you buy it from. The more customs I see the more I want them vs sideshow and xm.

Back