Grail piece(s)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filip629

Super Freak
Reaction score
How do you define it? I see many posts where someone says they picked up one of the grail pieces they are looking for. Pieces? I thought it was a piece. THE ONE piece that must be in your collection. The ONE you can't part with. Grail piece seems too be thrown around rather loosely nowadays. What criteria do you use to choose your grail piece? I find too many people just look at how hot a piece is and what it's worth to determine if it's a grail piece. They change their minds as the value of a statue goes up or down. Would you still consider your statue a grail piece if it dropped in value by 50% or more?

So, let's do this. What is your grail PIECE and why? Remember, in the end, there can be only ONE.

Barb2.jpg

Hey, I saw this peice when I was a kid and its what got me into collecting. :rolleyes:

Its my favorite peice and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Last edited:
How do you define it?

A grail is a piece that you want but for some reason or another could not obtain and has been haunting you not having in your collection.

I see many posts where someone says they picked up one of the grail pieces they are looking for. Pieces? I thought it was a piece.

Well you are being too narrow minded. I can have a 1/6 grail and a 1/4 grail and a 1:1 grail and still be in the parameters of the understood definition.

THE ONE piece that must be in your collection. The ONE you can't part with.

By definition a grail is a piece you've been hunting, its not a piece that you cannot live without. You are now talking prized possession. More often than not the hunt of the grail consumes and once you get it often times you are felt feeling hollow. I've seen people get something they've been hunting for years and then after then get it, have a kind of "meh" experience because the hunt was better than the catch.

Grail piece seems too be thrown around rather loosely nowadays.

Personally I hate the term. It reflects on these boards more of a flipping term than anything else.

What criteria do you use to choose your grail piece? I find too many people just look at how hot a piece is and what it's worth to determine if it's a grail piece.

See my definition above, I've come across quite a few people who follow the same understanding.

They change their minds as the value of a statue goes up or down. Would you still consider your statue a grail piece if it dropped in value by 50% or more?

Essentially price would have nothing to do with the standard definition of a grail.

So, let's do this. What is your grail PIECE and why? Remember, in the end, there can be only ONE.

My grail would be a Comic Book Inspired 1:1 full Mark 01 Iron Man suit.

iron_man_armor_mk_i_001.jpg

It'd have to be a custom. It'd be expensive and probably take forever to fashion.

i havent found mine yet. but the people that Have theirs should post it cmon this gonna be a sweet thread. love that conan statue DAMN!

yea thats a nice lookin plant. how come conan looks native, thought he was a white boy?

She's a beaut, wish it was really mine. Gotta say though, what I get from the "pharmacy" is just as pretty, just not as big. :rotfl

Conan is a Cimmerian. He would split your skull for calling him anything else!

Back