Statue Gotham Nightmares Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email today that they will charge the last payment this week so fingers cross that I may have him for Halloween?

Anyone else having issues posting pictures I can’t seem to do it with the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the app may have not been updated with the new phones there’s no way to leave pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Batman today and he turned out great! The only issue I have is that his right foot doesn’t fit flush to the base. It stops short just a bit and just hovers a little above it. I can see on the base were the toes are supposed to rest but it just doesn’t reach it. The left foot attaches perfectly though. I’m just worried that little gap could cause structural issues and cause the statute to lean over time or possibly even fall over due to the improper balance of the weight.

Got my Batman today and he turned out great! The only issue I have is that his right foot doesn’t fit flush to the base. It stops short just a bit and just hovers a little above it. I can see on the base were the toes are supposed to rest but it just doesn’t reach it. The left foot attaches perfectly though. I’m just worried that little gap could cause structural issues and cause the statute to lean over time or possibly even fall over due to the improper balance of the weight.

Does the right foot have a peg or 4 sided key that slots into the base? If so, check if there's something blocking the peg or key.

If its the 4 sided key, I would look to see what part of the key is getting caught in the slot and slightly sand the key. Test fit, find the contact point, slightly sand the contact point and repeat ...until the right foot goes all the way down.

Took mine out of the box last night. No issue with the feet going into the pegs here. I posted this on Facebook:

I received my Gotham City Nightmare Batman for Halloween and WOW! I love it! I'm no pro reviewer or anything but I wanted to share because I think many people skipped past this jewel and would regret not getting it. (Photos done with my cell, so not great, but should convey some points to you.)

1 and 2: The portraits are highly highly detailed. I loved that they use gloss appropriately around the mouth and eyes to give a wet look and differentiate from the rest of the face. I also love how the mouth tissue of the gums on the bat extends up, and that carries through with the Batman mask giving it that otherworldly organic look where you can't separate the man from the bat in a clean way.

3. This statue is much bigger than I anticipated with the wings and the base. The base has as much care in the detail and wow factor as the rest of the statue. There are a couple good and bad points about it that I'll write about, but overall, even if this was just the base alone as a gargoyle statue, I would love it.

4. The base has some "cracks" purposefully in it to give it that aged concrete type look, and it works really well. They look natural and like they should be there. I like it. BUT...

5. There are seams in my base that I can't tell if they are supposed to be there, or they are visible from the manufacturing process. I think these seams take away from an otherwise 10/10 statue. Does anyone else have these? Anyone know if they are supposed to be there? I doubt I will pay attention to these lines from a distance or just passing by, but they do detract from this work of art on closer inspection.

6. The detail on this statue is just great! Tiny tiny little teeth on bats are painted! I was surprised. They could have not painted it and it would have worked, but they did and it really makes it feel higher quality. The mouth on the bat portrait is also crazy impressive!

If you love Batman, this is something special for a collection. It's a low run imho so if you're on the fence, get it now! I think there is good value though I know art is subjective. If you have a Batman rogues gallery, this "ManBat" will fit right in with the bat portrait. You can't lose imo. Joker looks impressive and unique as well. I hope this line keeps going, especially since a Scarecrow would fit into any rogue gallery for fans.

GCN7.jpg

Crickets on this thread?!?! I think this looks pretty good. Surprised to see virtually no chatter.

Me too, but I think with no new announcements (which kind of makes this line look dead) people just kind of forgot about it.

And the Batman piece did have its ‘issue’.

So that imo makes it much harder to get into one of these high priced 1/5 scales lines, which almost seems dead on arrival.

I have to say this is the definitive joker for me (in any scale). I'm sure I'm alone in that thought but that's why we all have different tastes:wink1: XM Studios 1/6 joker would probably be my second favorite joker and again, just my taste. I have to say I've always been more into the artistic side of statues rather than buying a character just because it will complete a line or its from a specific comic, etc. Maybe that explains my weird taste.

Top 3 reasons I love this statue.

1. Pose - I love the pose of this piece, it just spoke to me when I first saw it. Joker hunched over with creepy hand over his head and emerging from the vat of acid and chemicals, very very cool. He just has a strong presence hunched over and I like the choice for the base because it ties in the origin of the Joker.

2. Sculpt-The strongest point for me is definitely the original art direction and the amazing sculpt on this piece. This is a huge sleeper hit in my eyes. Seeing Sideshows preview video and some photos on on syfy really sold the deal for me. Seeing this sculpt come together unpainted was a real piece of art. If you've never seen the pics in the link I highly recommend it. I love seeing statues being made and sculpted and brought to life.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-how-sideshows-nightmare-joker-statue-emerged-from-the-sewers-of-gotham

04.jpg

Back to the sculpt, it's just amazing with tons of easter eggs littered throughout the piece. The body alone is just a beautiful work of art with each intricately sculpted detail. I could go on for awhile about all the individual details there.
I like both head sculpts but honestly it was the exclusive head above which sold the piece for me. The mouth, teeth and eyes just look so sadistic on this joker, pure evil. Even the regular edition head looks great with the 5 rows of teeth, seeing it in person, Im shocked Sideshow pulled it off so well. Both heads just look really evil, typically joker is not portrayed in such a dark fashion.
Also can I say how much I love how the hands look. Weird right lol. Each finger bent and posed in a creepy fashion and the fingernails are brown and grotesque, it really looks awesome up close.

3. Materials- For me I just prefer a fully sculpted piece and thats just my preference for a joker statue specifically. Just so you know Im not a mixed media hater, I have the OG Sideshow Boba Fett which is mostly mixed media and I love that piece.
I know most people like the OG Sideshow joker as the definitive joker but something about the mixed media on that statue just always bothered me a little too much. Too doll like.. I don't know just my preference. Also the face sculpt on that piece while from an artistic perspective is amazing, I just never liked the look. Again, just preferences.

I swear you would think I work for Sideshow talking about this statue but really I'm so happy to have got this, it really is the definitive Joker statue I've been waiting for. Sorry a friend is borrowing my camera so I will have to wait to provide pics, don't want to try with my cell phone but if you are on the fence with this piece I highly recommend it. Hey somebody had to breathe some life into this thread lol.
Cheers everyone!

To be honest the price of the statue is it's biggest problem because otherwise the whole batman statue is awesome. Minor problem with the alternate bat head since the transition between body and head is not smooth due to color issues (the neck doesn't fit at all value wise which is a shame). It is easily fixable however with a little paint job. I personally used citadel paints in colors The Fang and some nuln oil wash. Use both lightly and you will get a pretty close color to the suit which will help a lot with the transition. Water the base paint (the fang) to avoid weird textures and allow some of the original texture to show through.

I know some people will say that at that price range this is not supposed to happen and you are right. However, I do think that this should not deter you from going with this one because it is well worth the trouble (especially when put in heights, he looms over you ready to jump. the effect is pretty cool). I wouldn't buy it for the line (mostly because I really dislike the joker version) but as a standalone piece, it stands it's ground really well (unless you got an unlucky fit with the base). Sorry for large pictures, also they are after the paint job I do not have a before per se.

behyNof.jpg
7tRWPWA.jpg
FyT52qX.jpg

Back